OT: - Friday Sweet 16 Games | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT: Friday Sweet 16 Games

Reaction Score
All those passes down low just don't happen if Freemantle is defending underneath.

caw

Reaction Score
Nah. They're only up 13. Xavier has shot like crap and are worn out. If Texas were an invincible team of destiny, they would be up 25 right now.

Agreed, but they do look darn good. Wonder if Disu will come back for the elite eight.

Reaction Score
Nah. They're only up 13. Xavier has shot like crap and are worn out. If Texas were an invincible team of destiny, they would be up 25 right now.
Texas took their foot way off the gas,

Reaction Score
Less than 154, ugh. There were 34 points scored 12 minutes in. 120 scored in the last 28.
Damn sorry to hear that. Yeah first 12 minutes looked like $ in the bank for you.

caw

Reaction Score

True, depends though, like everything there are gradations. No clue how bad his is. I tend to agree with you though.

UConn
Gonzaga
Texas
Miami

Creighton
SDSU
FAU
KSU

On paper the first four look much tougher.

Reaction Score
True, depends though, like everything there are gradations. No clue how bad his is. I tend to agree with you though.

UConn
Gonzaga
Texas
Miami

Creighton
SDSU
FAU
KSU

On paper the first four look much tougher.
I think I'd tier them...

Texas
UConn
Gonzaga

KSU
Creighton
Miami
SDSU

FAU

So right side with 3 clearly best teams, and then 4th about as good as best on left side.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Sometimes a team is the hammer, sometimes a team is the nail. Last night, Xavier was the nail.

27-10, 2nd place in the Big East and a Sweet 16 appearance is a good season for virtually any program, including Xavier. Looking forward, that team had a tendency to give up on games under their last coach, and last night was a game like that. They have to get mentally tougher.

Reaction Score
Sometimes a team is the hammer, sometimes a team is the nail. Last night, Xavier was the nail.

27-10, 2nd place in the Big East and a Sweet 16 appearance is a good season for virtually any program, including Xavier. Looking forward, that team had a tendency to give up on games under their last coach, and last night was a game like that. They have to get mentally tougher.
I wouldn’t look that much in to it. That’s just not the same team without Freemantle. They were seeded way higher than their current roster would suggest is appropriate and were outmatched.

caw

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t look that much in to it. That’s just not the same team without Freemantle. They were seeded way higher than their current roster would suggest is appropriate and were outmatched.

Yeah their seeding was odd considering Freemantles injury. Still they played to seed, can’t complain if I was an X fan.

Marquette was the only team not to at least play to seed, from the BE.

9-3 overall is a fantastic showing by the BE so far.

Reaction Score

Texas shot 58% from 3 last night too. It happens.

Reaction Score
I think I'd tier them...

Texas
UConn
Gonzaga

KSU
Creighton
Miami
SDSU

FAU

So right side with 3 clearly best teams, and then 4th about as good as best on left side.

I would go:

UCONN
KSU (The KSU point guard is playing at Napier level)
Miami (Great tournament coach)

Texas
Zags
SDSU
Creighton

FAU

Its a terrific final 7 with FAU being the team that I can't see winning. The other 7 all have a shot to go the distance.

Reaction Score

Boum disappeared for much of the tournament.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think I'd tier them...

Texas
UConn
Gonzaga

KSU
Creighton
Miami
SDSU

FAU

That's about right. I'd put UConn ahead of Texas, but barely. I'd put Creighton at the bottom of the second 4.

I have a hard time seeing anyone but UConn or Texas winning this thing. But then again, UConn won in 2014 with a team that really had no business winning. So maybe KSU, SDSU or Miami can pull it off. Creighton is only still here because they played Princeton. It would be truly bizarre if Gonzaga finally won it with maybe the 7th or 8th best Gonzaga team they've had.

Reaction Score
That's about right. I'd put UConn ahead of Texas, but barely. I'd put Creighton at the bottom of the second 4.

I have a hard time seeing anyone but UConn or Texas winning this thing. But then again, UConn won in 2014 with a team that really had no business winning. So maybe KSU, SDSU or Miami can pull it off. Creighton is only still here because they played Princeton. It would be truly bizarre if Gonzaga finally won it with maybe the 7th or 8th best Gonzaga team they've had.
Creighton beat the hell out of Baylor. They're capable of winning it all but I have them below UConn, Miami, Texas. I think there's 5 teams capable of winning it in UConn, Texas, Miami, K State, and Creighton.

Reaction Score
I think the teams with the best chance (in no particular order) are UConn, Miami, San Diego St., Texas. Creighton can beat any of those four, but I think their lack of depth will eventually be their undoing.

Reaction Score
“Texas, and I think they’ve been a little overrated all year”
Doesn’t seem like it tonight
Definitely not lol

But hey, hit 58% of your threes and you’re gonna look good. Granted a lot of them were open but they definitely had their way with X overall

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Creighton beat the hell out of Baylor. They're capable of winning it all but I have them below UConn, Miami, Texas. I think there's 5 teams capable of winning it in UConn, Texas, Miami, K State, and Creighton.
They’ve got no depth. Really struggled a bit even with Princeton. I stink SDSU will beat them. But honestly, who the hell knows this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom