Friday Night 2018 Updates | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Friday Night 2018 Updates

Reaction Score
First tweet from OP makes it seem so. But yeah interesting to see how this develops . @Burnsbros23 info on his connection to the Illinois staff isn't great news though .

We may have been more interested in Louis king/cam reddish. KO and DK both watching them again. (My guess is Louis king is the real target. Cam reddish more a pipe dream and DK had a long relationship with king)

I'm just wondering because Jerry Meyers tweet is the first mention I've seen of any connection. What he means by "working hard to be seen" is a mystery to me. Sounds like something you'd say about a hs girl. Was KO cheerleading for him in a skirt?

Reaction Score
Let's roll his over to Saturday night. KO all over Cam Reddish this weekend

Reaction Score
Let's roll his over to Saturday night. KO all over Cam Reddish this weekend

Reddish and king are on the same team. My gut tells me we're actually after king.

The twitter style reporters just say reddish because he's the biggest name on the team.

Reaction Score
Reddish and king are on the same team. My gut tells me we're actually after king.

The twitter style reporters just say reddish because he's the biggest name on the team.
Agree they're def after King but Reddish's comments in the past about KO as a role model make me think that they're gonna go all out to get him, even though it may be a long shot

Reaction Score
IMG_4693.PNG

Reaction Score
Please Please Please can Vitals tweet have a more than a simple meaning.
I don't think it does, but CV has Purvis (or Bunkey) type potential when it comes to hosting recruits. Dude is super outgoing and seems to know every 2018 guy

Reaction Score
Vital is a cool cat, he should be an asset for recruiting.
Regardless of recruting wins and losses and all the other stuff, I think Vital has already cemented himself as a fan favorite and someone we're proud to have represent UConn. Kind of like Purvis, in that no matter what happens on the court, they make the school look better off of it. Hats off to him and his family, because they raised a good kid.

Reaction Score

if @Kemba'sYogurt or anyone else is somehow interpreting that screenshot as "KO stayed behind to watch Jalen Carey practice by himself today after all the other coaches left." They are wrong. Very wrong. That's just KO watching the game. Hell of an assumption there, if that's the origin of this KO practice story.

KO went directly to another game after Carey's. I see no evidence of this being true on social media but would love to be wrong.

C

Chief00

I don't think it does, but CV has Purvis (or Bunkey) type potential when it comes to hosting recruits. Dude is super outgoing and seems to know every 2018 guy

We need a new Bunkey type really bad - I hope CV is that guy- that's a bigger part of what's missing than many casual fans would like to acknowledge. CV has the New England prep background plus NYC. More importantly he has personality - in terms of charisma - not in Bunkey's class by a long shot - but he's learning.
Someone can criticize the recruits Bunkey helped bring in - but that's not his role to evaluate them as players - they had a good time and committed - that's all the casual fan needs to know and judge Bunkey by.

Reaction Score
Jahvon Quinerly Looking to Cut List Soon | Zagsblog

“I’ll probably cut my list pretty soon,” the Hudson Catholic floor general said Saturday. “Within the next month and a half.”
He remains uncertain what he’ll cut it to, but said “5-7, something like that.”
Duke, Arizona, Kansas, Villanova, Virginia, Maryland, Seton Hall, Notre Dame, Stanford and Cal are among the schools involved, and all but Duke have offered.

Really thought we'd be all over this kid and stand a good chance. Too bad.

Reaction Score
Regardless of recruting wins and losses and all the other stuff, I think Vital has already cemented himself as a fan favorite and someone we're proud to have represent UConn. Kind of like Purvis, in that no matter what happens on the court, they make the school look better off of it. Hats off to him and his family, because they raised a good kid.
Yea, but then why did so many boneyarders hate on Purvis, that's fine to say in the offseason, but when the season comes how they play on the court is what matters to the yarders. Purvis was a good husky, I never hated on him, for the most part being because he tried his hardest every minute, played excellent defense, and was seemingly a good individual on & off the court.

Point being is that I don't forget all the haters on here hating on Purvis the last few seasons....

Reaction Score
I honestly want to hear about PF's and guys with size, they will get guards. Wings too who can shoot it, 6'5 - 6'6

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Give me the Rodney's, Dyson's and Vitals any day of the week. Love the toughness of those guys. Teeth knocked out, dislocated fingers, whacked in the head and yet they are determined to play through it.

OK KO! You've got the template. Bring them in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom