Friday Night 2018 Updates | The Boneyard

Friday Night 2018 Updates

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They watched Sid Wilson as well.

Love to see them get that kid.

Reaction Score
Morgan Park kids play with swagger if nothing else. His shot is weird but it spins alright it seems. Lot of great guards in this class we gotta grab at least one.

Reaction Score
Never heard us mentioned with Ayo before

6'4 Ayo Dosunmu is Chicago's Top Point Guard! Official Ballislife Mixtape

Ugly shot, seems like a good player though. Kid still looks like a baby, but he's not and moves well. Borderline top-25 in 2018 apparently.

Looks like two other targets were also in the game: Louis King and Cam Reddish. I believe that Killings was in on Louis King pretty good in the past, but I don't know how much we're actually on either. As these games get moving, we'll get a much better sense of the coaches priorities.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Reddish took an unofficial visit here and he'd certainly be a great get....but let's be realistic.

He's a top 5 player and he's not coming here.

King looks like a UConn player - he's more realistic, but lots of good programs on him.

Reaction Score
Too much analysis from highlight videos on Ayo D, but I'm bored.

-Most recent video is

-His shot is actually much better. Still a little low, but he doesn't look like a 9 year old shooting the ball any more. Sort of Omar Calhoun-esque at this point. Definitely needs some improvemtn, but I don't want to vomit any more . I'll take a player who is putting in work to improve any time.

-We need another tough Chicago guard. Ollie is recruiting tougher players? Good.

- Apparently he has better lateral quickness than vertical. Bazz was kind of in the same boat.

- Kid is a blur in transition, and made a few crafty decision with the ball. Might mean he's turnover prone, but it was pretty on the tape.

- Solid handle for a taller guard. Uses his body well and keeps his eyes up more than many younger D1 prospects.

- Right-handed finishing in half court and transition. Seems to have a nice touch. My guess is he's much better in transition/secondary break than in the half court. Par for the course with recent uconn guards.

- Very young looking body, bodes well for developing some athleticism as he matures.

- Apparently he rocketed up the rankings last spring, something like Diallo did a couple years ago. (I know, sorry, sore subject)

- If he's still ranked as a 5* with that ugly of a shot, and that young of a body type, he must have some real serious potential.

- Averaged 22/7/9 for his HS team Morgan Park. 9 assists is really really good for a high school team, no matter where you play. Most kids aren't good enough to make shots, even if you pass to them in good position. HS statkeepers can be generous with assists, though.

Reaction Score
Reddish took an unofficial visit here and he'd certainly be a great get....but let's be realistic.

He's a top 5 player and he's not coming here.

King looks like a UConn player - he's more realistic, but lots of good programs on him.
King had some really good things to say about Ollie and UConn in the past, hope we stay on him cuz we could have a good shot.

Reaction Score
Too much analysis from highlight videos on Ayo D, but I'm bored.

-Most recent video is

-His shot is actually much better. Still a little low, but he doesn't look like a 9 year old shooting the ball any more. Sort of Omar Calhoun-esque at this point. Definitely needs some improvemtn, but I don't want to vomit any more . I'll take a player who is putting in work to improve any time.

-We need another tough Chicago guard. Ollie is recruiting tougher players? Good.

- Apparently he has better lateral quickness than vertical. Bazz was kind of in the same boat.

- Kid is a blur in transition, and made a few crafty decision with the ball. Might mean he's turnover prone, but it was pretty on the tape.

- Solid handle for a taller guard. Uses his body well and keeps his eyes up more than many younger D1 prospects.

- Right-handed finishing in half court and transition. Seems to have a nice touch. My guess is he's much better in transition/secondary break than in the half court. Par for the course with recent UConn guards.

- Very young looking body, bodes well for developing some athleticism as he matures.

- Apparently he rocketed up the rankings last spring, something like Diallo did a couple years ago. (I know, sorry, sore subject)

- If he's still ranked as a 5* with that ugly of a shot, and that young of a body type, he must have some real serious potential.

- Averaged 22/7/9 for his HS team Morgan Park. 9 assists is really really good for a high school team, no matter where you play. Most kids aren't good enough to make shots, even if you pass to them in good position. HS statkeepers can be generous with assists, though.

I know Quickley is out there. But the staff should prioritize dosunmo. He's gonna be a good one. Lets not waste resources on a pipe dream(Quickley)

Reaction Score
Looks like two other targets were also in the game: Louis King and Cam Reddish. I believe that Killings was in on Louis King pretty good in the past, but I don't know how much we're actually on either. As these games get moving, we'll get a much better sense of the coaches priorities.

Reaction Score
Seen Ayo a ton. My AAU team actually beat him last year. He is a legit 6'4 might still be growing. Shot is ugly but has really improved and goes in. He's quick fast not super explosive vertically think that will come soon. Would say he ends up somewhere in the top 50 when it's all said and done.

His teammate Talen Horton Tucker is one of the most Under rated players nationally. 6'5 Wing thick body super skilled.

Would be great to recruit both of them. Both are great kids.

C

Chief00

I am all for recruiting tough kids - not sure why we went the soft route in first place?
I just hope tough isn't equalvalent to can't shoot. I am fine with players like KO with the one exception, we need some shooters and scorers too!

Reaction Score

An older tweet, but I didn't see any threads on him, so I'll just leave this here. He's a 3 star shooting guard, but supposedly his game is on the way up.

Reaction Score
If they're going to get in on Dosunmu, it's best that they do so before Underwood gets involved. Illinois is making a push and I guarantee they'll prioritize in-state kids because they have all but lost the Chicago area.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I feel like we are in a good position for Cam Reddish. He's already taken an unofficial, took in a game at gampel, and has commented about how KO is a great role model in a few different articles. I'm realistic so don't get me wrong, this will be a tough get. But pleasant to see (Especially with KO and DK at his game today) that we are likely going to be in the mix for this Top 5 talent

Reaction Score
That ayo kids first step is top tier, he has serious jets with good handle. Great target and look forward to following his spring/summer.

Reaction Score
That ayo kids first step is top tier, he has serious jets with good handle. Great target and look forward to following his spring/summer.

You know if we're actually following/recruiting him yet?

We'll know more by the end of the weekend, I guess.

Reaction Score
You know if we're actually following/recruiting him yet?

We'll know more by the end of the weekend, I guess.
First tweet from OP makes it seem so. But yeah interesting to see how this develops . @Burnsbros23 info on his connection to the Illinois staff isn't great news though .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom