Friday NCAAT games | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Friday NCAAT games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Actually PSU is like UMD & ND - PSU is in University Park PA and UMD is in College Park MD - their very own towns like ND apparently.
And don't forget College Station, TX, home of A&M.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In my mind, the stock of both OSU and Wiese has dropped recently. It's been shown that Wiese can be contained by athletic guards that deny her the ball and have the quickness to stay in front of her. OSU needs, quickly, to find other ways to use her. Perimeter ball screens are not working well. She's strong, maybe she can take these smaller guards down low. I think it's become clear that if she has a future in the WNBA it's not as a point guard.
This I also agree with. For all Rueck's planning the use/overuse of the high screen has seen coaches effectively scheming against it. It's a major reason why the team has had so many close games this year. Yeah, Scott has a lot to learn about offense, the least of which is to vary his offensive schemes. Last year he was able to pound teams with his high screens. This year there's no Jaime Weisner to balance Weise's lack of athleticism, not to mention an effective big down low. I noted before last years championship game that when UConn blankets OSU's high ball screens they'd effectively neutralize their offense. Coaches aren't stupid, just stubborn.

Reaction Score
That qualification I can agree with. It's been proved out by how they've amassed any number of close wins this year. They're a group of heartache/headache kids. I however wouldn't underestimate their ability to march straight through to a meeting with the Duke/Maryland winner through a series of close wins.

You're talking about Oregon State, right? If so, they don't run into a Duke/Maryland winner until the Final Four.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You're talking about Oregon State, right? If so, they don't run into a Duke/Maryland winner until the Final Four.
And so the brain fart. I meant the UScar/Miami winner.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
FSU continuing their late season struggles down 7 to Western Illinois after one.

If you ranked the 20 best teams in this tourney I'd bet 15 came from the UConn half bracket.

Rank em

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I thought about this last night. Not sure I have an exact ranking but I stand by my comment. Stanford and Marquette continue to make my case.

Well think about it some more...... and come back with a ranking. thanks in advance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom