Friday NCAAT games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Friday NCAAT games

Reaction Score
I know ND is gonna blow this one open eventually, but Robert Morris hanging in there better than they did against us last year. I'd like to say that playing UConn last year helped play a part, but I don't know about that.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Say what you will, but I think he did pretty darn well this year with just 6 players and having lost so much talent from last year. A win over Missouri would've been a very significant upset.

Sagarin had Missouri 36th and South Florida 41st. Basically even.

Reaction Score
Weird - there's no UCONN town in Connecticut.
Can't because there are 169 towns and every square inch of the state is incorporated in one of those towns. Storrs itself isn't even a town, but part of tax town 078 a.k.a. Mansfield.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
FSU continuing their late season struggles down 7 to Western Illinois after one.

If you ranked the 20 best teams in this tourney I'd bet 15 came from the UConn half bracket.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Weird - there's no UCONN town in Connecticut.
Mississippi actually has a place called this: Mississippi State, Mississippi

On an unrelated note, I've been flipping around between games in both tournaments today and several times during some of the men's games I've seen the announcers read little promos alerting folks that the women's tournament is being aired over on ESPN2. Maybe the NCAA makes them do that, but I still thought it was nice to see, especially given that it's a different network.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sagarin had Missouri 36th and South Florida 41st. Basically even.
Mizzou improved a ton between the first half and second half of the season. Lost a key player to injury at start of season. Had losses to Georgia Tech, IUPUI and St. Louis in the OOC. Didn't even look like a tournament team at that point. Then beat A&M, Kentucky, and South Carolina and ended up tied for 3rd in the SEC. I'm not saying they're a Final Four team, but they were clearly better than South Florida by the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Maybe the NCAA makes them do that,

Yes, absolutely they do.
It also used to be the reason that CBS would air a few random women's games on a Sunday in January (not sure they still do this?) - twas part of the contract for the men's tournament.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
ASU Sun Devils showing WBB what a real Devil looks like. Not those Blue ones from NC.

Also showing the Pac 12 might be a little better than the doubters say they are after Oregon St.'s poor showing earlier. I can assure everyone that OSU was better than ASU this year beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Reaction Score
I hope our team is watching some of these games and take it as a cautionary tale. You cannot take a 15 or 16 seed lightly. ND having trouble putting away Robert Morris a team that was down 50 to UConn at half last year plus the LBSU-Oregon St game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Florida State has come back to take a 2-point lead in 2Q over W. Illinois. Shakayla Thomas just had back-to-back pick-6's to give her team the lead.

I'm rooting hard for the Leathernecks, but they have to adjust to the athleticism deficit.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Also showing the Pac 12 might be a little better than the doubters say they are after Oregon St.'s poor showing earlier. I can assure everyone that OSU was better than ASU this year beyond a shadow of a doubt.
I will say whoever at ASU worked with Dornstoder from her freshman year till now deserves a big raise. She was all arms and legs and turned into a reliable team player. She certainly knows her marks on the court because when she has the ball, with her back to the basket, and then turns and shoots she is almost gold.
Job well done.

Reaction Score
Another high seed in the Stockton regional not looking the part. Not sure what happened to FSU.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Mississippi actually has a place called this: Mississippi State, Mississippi

On an unrelated note, I've been flipping around between games in both tournaments today and several times during some of the men's games I've seen the announcers read little promos alerting folks that the women's tournament is being aired over on ESPN2. Maybe the NCAA makes them do that, but I still thought it was nice to see, especially given that it's a different network.
And I like Pennsylvania - PSU is located in a town called State College.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom