Friday March Madness Games | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Friday March Madness Games

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is true, but the incessant fouling in the last minute of games is the worst part about college basketball. All of those intentional fouls should result in an actual penalty against you, not a reward by making the other team have to shoot 2 free throws and lose possession. Football teams concede the game down by one score all the time with a minute left.

Football - commit a penalty, give away yards.
Hockey - commit a penalty, now you're shorthanded
Basketball - commit a penalty, you get the ball right away. Doesn't make sense.

They should change the rule, at least in the last few minutes of the game. Every time you foul someone, perhaps intentionally, 10 seconds comes off the clock. You want to foul with 30 seconds left? Fine. Now there are 20 seconds left. Foul with 20 seconds left? Maybe they get 3 or 4 free throws. The fouls suck. Who's with me.
I hate when people say stupid ignorant crap like this. Would you rather watch a team stand around for 30 seconds? It’s an integral part of the strategy of basketball. Ask Creighton if it was stupid to foul RJ Cole when he missed both free throws

Reaction Score
I hate when people say stupid ignorant crap like this. Would you rather watch a team stand around for 30 seconds? It’s an integral part of the strategy of basketball. Ask Creighton if it was stupid to foul RJ Cole when he missed both free throws
I hate when people think trying to steal a game they lost by fouling is a good strategy. The strategy for the entire game is not to foul. So trying to foul to win the game shouldn't be anywhere near a "strategy." Don't stand around. Play defense and steal the ball.

You made my point. Creighton was actually rewarded by fouling, when it should be punished. See post #349.

Reaction Score
Very good performance by Nova. With North Texas next, they have a strong shot at the Sweet 16. If they get by Baylor the bottom of their bracket is chaos.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I hate when people think trying to steal a game they lost by fouling is a good strategy. The strategy for the entire game is not to foul. So trying to foul to win the game shouldn't be anywhere near a "strategy." Don't stand around. Play defense and steal the ball.

You made my point. Creighton was actually rewarded by fouling, when it should be punished. See post #349.
The game is 40 minutes long dude

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Doesn't it seem that Archie D. from Nova has been there forever?
There have been two Arcidiaconos, Chris is a soph, his brother Ryan played from 2012-16 and is now with the Bulls.

It's not like either was Carl Krauser.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Anyone else mildly surprised that Huggy has even survived long enough to get 900 wins?

He's only 67, three years younger than Roy Williams. Won't catch K, but no reason to think he can't get to #2 winningest D1 coach. Who'd have thunk?

Reaction Score
There have been two Arcidiaconos, Chris is a soph, his brother Ryan played from 2012-16 and is now with the Bulls.

It's not like either was Carl Krauser.
Krauser - that's a guy I loved to hate

Reaction Score
Sad to hear that Liddell from OSU is getting all sorts of threats against him. You win some and lose some - it's just a game. Don't go after a kid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom