Friday 1st Round (non-UConn games) thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Friday 1st Round (non-UConn games) thread

Reaction Score
First time I've seen FAU this year. From what I'm seeing, they all seem to play like Gaffney- front-rimmed three-pointers and out-of-control drives into the heart of the defense with little chance of success. Uncharacteristic I assume (?).
Not their best game.

Reaction Score
Going to be a lot of upset Memphis fans about no timeout being granted.
Eh. The guy curled up into the fetal position with the ball instead of looking to pass or make a play. They deserve it. Time-outs are the worst part of sports in my opinion. I have a 9 year old kid playing ball and I cringe when I see coaches screaming for time-outs. Just awful.

Reaction Score
Wow, Jalen Gaffney and FAU are likely locks for the sweet 16 as they are now matched against Fairleigh Dickinson in the round of 32

Duke must be licking their lips. They get a Tennessee team without Zeigler, with FAU or FDU waiting in the next round

Really liked that playcall at the end for FAU. Awkward and risky inbound pass into the corner, but it put Boyd in a great position to drive middle and make a play

Reaction Score
Memphis got hosed.
The whole game was a disaster. To hold FAU to that horrible FG percentage in the 2nd half and not build a lead. Williams picking up the 2 quick fouls in the 2nd half. Davis turning his ankle. Then this atrocious ref oversight when memphis clearly had possession.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Did not expect a quick trey attempt by ASU. Looked like that was the call. ASU tied up with TCU. 12 ticks to go

Reaction Score
Lil Penny would’ve won that.

Color me unimpressed by that game. Amazing FAU or FDU is going to the Sweet 16. Someone’s doing to have an easy road to the Elite 8.
And that somebody is Duke unfortunately. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Reaction Score
Ref called that soft foul against ASU with 35 seconds left??!?
Total BS. I am glad I wasn’t the only one that saw that and reacted incredulously.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom