Friday 1st Round (non-UConn games) thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Friday 1st Round (non-UConn games) thread

Reaction Score
If Kent State was able to play with any kind of discipline on offense, they'd have a legitimate shot in this game. Also- Trace Jackson-Davis is unreal.

Reaction Score
The whole game was a disaster. To hold FAU to that horrible FG percentage in the 2nd half and not build a lead. Williams picking up the 2 quick fouls in the 2nd half. Davis turning his ankle. Then this atrocious ref oversight when memphis clearly had possession.
Penny showed just what a “coach” he is by leaving Williams in with 3 fouls so early in 2nd half. Sure enough he hit his 4th less than a minute later. And then letting Davis back in the game when he was clearly dead. What an idiot.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
The whole game was a disaster. To hold FAU to that horrible FG percentage in the 2nd half and not build a lead. Williams picking up the 2 quick fouls in the 2nd half. Davis turning his ankle. Then this atrocious ref oversight when memphis clearly had possession.
that was a mick cronin cincinnati tournament loss if i've ever seen one.

thankfully for memphis state, that will be a conference game for them next year. enjoy.

Reaction Score

picking and choosing.

Sanogo 28 points, 13 rebounds, no assists, 1 block
Jackson 24 points, 11 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 blocks
Clingan 12 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks

Maybe the difference? Jackson played 35 minutes to Sanogo's 25.

Clingan 13 minutes. Yeah baby. Now just make the layups!!

Reaction Score
picking and choosing.

Sanogo 28 points, 13 rebounds, no assists, 1 block
Jackson 24 points, 11 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 blocks
Clingan 12 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks

Maybe the difference? Jackson played 35 minutes to Sanogo's 25.

Clingan 13 minutes. Yeah baby. Now just make the layups!!
It's pretty rare for any player to get 5 assists and 5 blocks in a game, and then add that on top of a double double. It's a feat.

Reaction Score
It's pretty rare for any player to get 5 assists and 5 blocks in a game, and then add that on top of a double double. It's a feat.
It is. 12 points and 9 rebounds in only 13 minutes is more impressive in my opinion. Quite a feet, or two.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Had a good day. Moved from 47th in BY bracket to 7(t).

West bracket still perfect.
East: 7-1
Midwest: 6-2
South: 4-4

Unfortunately, for the cash prize, there are still 670,000+ in front of me.

Reaction Score
Color me unimpressed by that game. Amazing FAU or FDU is going to the Sweet 16. Someone’s doing to have an easy road to the Elite 8.
Tennessee must stop that “someone” tomorrow!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
FDU's coach talks like a maniac.
I've decided to wait until I see him again before making further decision, but first impression alone, oh yeah.

Big 10 is awful.
Last night I dubbed Penn State, "The Big Ten team you could root for," and I haven't even seen them play yet. Ex-wife's BF is a good guy IU fan who is respectful toward UConn, so I'm low key there. And Northwestern has served this year's pre-tourney function of highlighting that others are unimpressive and probably yet again not that good.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So we basically got UCLA Bill Walton level production from the center position today.
Pairs nicely with this...
Screenshot_20230318-023330.png

Need to get Tristen to the line to get himself on track.

Reaction Score
It was a tie-up before they called time-out. Number of players calling time-out is irrelevant.
Not sure what you were watching but that’s just plain wrong

Reaction Score
I freakin' love this.

When I was able to cover the FDU game in December, I liked what I saw but had no idea FDU would do what they just did. Super proud of them and definitely an honor/cool story to have had FDU extend my first media credential!

I'd be shocked if Tobin Anderson stays at FDU after this season as programs love hiring underdog March Madness stories:
  • Shaka Smart from VCU to Texas
  • Ryan Odom from UMBC to Utah State
  • Shaheen Halloway from Saint Peter's to Seton Hall

Seems like the logical replacement for Pitino at Iona and a smooth transition: a tri-state area coach who loves guard play and full court press. Sean Moore would be a perfect Berrick JeanLouis replacement at the 3 guard, Ansley Almonor replaced Shema at the stretch 4 and Munden takes over one of the guard spots after Clayton/Jenkins bounce to Jamaica with Pitino.

Reaction Score
Eh. The guy curled up into the fetal position with the ball instead of looking to pass or make a play. They deserve it. Time-outs are the worst part of sports in my opinion. I have a 9 year old kid playing ball and I cringe when I see coaches screaming for time-outs. Just awful.
Agreed. If the ref can't see that he's established possession, they shouldn't bail him out by granting the timeout. Doesn't matter how many teammates are screaming for it.

Reaction Score
Penny showed just what a “coach” he is by leaving Williams in with 3 fouls so early in 2nd half. Sure enough he hit his 4th less than a minute later. And then letting Davis back in the game when he was clearly dead. What an idiot.
Yes. He got stuck and wasn't able to substitute davis out late. He was a liability with that bad ankle.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My favorite moment from all the 1st round upsets was this kid from FDU striking this pose on his three point game winner until the ball went through the net. If a guy on the favored team did that, it would be boorish at best. When a 6ppg 32% 3 point shooter on a 16 seed ends his 19 point game in his home town with that move, it's fletchin' magical.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom