Former UConn strength coach Alosi alleges refusal to violate COVID guidelines led to his ouster (AP/Patrick Eaton-Robb) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Former UConn strength coach Alosi alleges refusal to violate COVID guidelines led to his ouster (AP/Patrick Eaton-Robb)

Reaction Score
Has to be a typo. He was fired for non-compliance or pushing back too hard on adequate compliance measures. No way there’s a lawyer stupid enough to try to argue that he was fired because he was the cautious one. More likely it’s a “muh freedoms” wrongful cause for firing; which is just a little less insane

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
… and hence the point of contention:

-> A hearing was held Thursday on UConn’s motion to dismiss, but Superior Court Judge James Sicilian did not immediately rule. UConn said in its motion that the case should be dismissed because of Alosi’s “failure to exhaust contractual remedies.” <-

-> Alosi’s contract expired in May, but he was told of his termination in June. The lawsuit claims that 300 days notice was required on a decision to not renew a multi-year contract, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement applicable to coaches. <-
If it expired in May it's a one year contract. Who gets 300 days notice?

Reaction Score
Guy def has some nutty posts sometimes. I don’t think he thinks Covid is a hoax. He’s def had some strong words about certain gov’t officials though

Reaction Score
Guy def has some nutty posts sometimes. I don’t think he thinks Covid is a hoax. He’s def had some strong words about certain gov’t officials though
I over generalized by saying he thought the virus itself was a hoax. Huge generalization. What I really meant was he didn’t believe in the severity of covid and highly politicized it, but point taken. Either way, the accusations are hypocritical

Reaction Score
I over generalized by saying he thought the virus itself was a hoax. Huge generalization. What I really meant was he didn’t believe in the severity of covid and highly politicized it, but point taken. Either way, the accusations are hypocritical
He and Danny def didn’t see eye to eye on Covid severity that’s for sure, if what you said about Danny not allowing his fam go in Whole Foods is true lol

Reaction Score
1. He was a strange guy.
2. You can be strange and right sometimes
3. people can and did treat Covid differently in different situations.
4. Who knows what happened? That’s what trials are all about.
6. Hurley wouldn’t be the first coach to push guys to violate rules that get in his way.
This is a pesky thing but part of the world these days.

Reaction Score
1. He was a strange guy.
6. Hurley wouldn’t be the first coach to push guys to violate rules that get in his way.
Figures coming from you

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is what you get when you hire a meathead. Let's learn and move on.

Reaction Score
If it expired in May it's a one year contract. Who gets 300 days notice?
My guess is if he was hired in May 2018 and told his contract wasn’t being renewed in June 2020 it was a multi-year contract under the the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The real solution is negotiating to get coaches and these types athletic department positions out of the AAUP contract in the long run.

Reaction Score
If there are recorded texts or audio of any of his claims it will be a PR nightmare for the program. Let's hope what he is claiming is not true.

Reaction Score
1. He was a strange guy.

I'd agree with you if Alosi hadn't literally posted that masks were a hoax, what, 3 weeks ago?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wouldn't be the first time an employee who knew he was on the way out the door, sticks it to management by raising a stink over a detail no one would have cared about or mentioned if the employer/employee relationship was going well.

As a few others have mentioned, if there is a university or NCAA policy on having AED or CPR certified person on hand for all training and it couldn't be verified, that's a sticky wicket.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be the first time an employee who knew he was on the way out the door, sticks it to management by raising a stink over a detail no one would have cared about or mentioned if the employer/employee relationship was going well.

As a few others have mentioned, if there is a university or NCAA policy on having AED or CPR certified person on hand for all training and it couldn't be verified, that's a sticky wicket.

Dan hired Alosi with an unusual resume.

The question of what Hurley saw on Alosi's resume that he could benefit from needs to be asked.

Does Alosi's resume show a questionable character that could be put to use? That's typically why those kinds of guys get jobs.

Reaction Score
1. He was a strange guy.
Am I missing something? Where's #5?
Was it, "long list of Boneyard posters to appear as character witnesses on Sal's behalf"?

One of the many posts praising Sal:
"This is an excellent article by Jacobs. Sal Alosi sounds extremely competent and informed and appears to have the S+C program humming along at the highest levels. Good news all around."

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
-> A former strength coach for UConn’s men’s basketball team has sued the school, claiming his contract wasn’t renewed after...
After nothing...Sounds like his ouster was the result of his contract expiring. Not sure what grounds there are here.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom