Former UConn strength coach Alosi alleges refusal to violate COVID guidelines led to his ouster (AP/Patrick Eaton-Robb) | The Boneyard

Former UConn strength coach Alosi alleges refusal to violate COVID guidelines led to his ouster (AP/Patrick Eaton-Robb)

Reaction Score

-> A former strength coach for UConn’s men’s basketball team has sued the school, claiming his contract wasn’t renewed after he refused demands from coach Dan Hurley that he violate NCAA guidelines and school COVID-19 protocols.

A hearing was held Thursday in Rockville Superior Court on a motion by the school to dismiss the lawsuit filed by former strength coach Sal Alosi seeking unspecified monetary damages.<-

-> Alosi alleges he was told he was being replaced last June after butting heads with Hurley, who he said wanted his players to be bigger and stronger and asked Alosi to do things he was not comfortable with in order to achieve that objective.

Specifically, he alleges Hurley asked him to hold virtual workouts with players and later return to the weight room in violation of NCAA guidelines as well as the school’s own coronavirus protocols. <-

Reaction Score
He tried floating this story a year ago. He didn’t exactly help his case with his posts since then. Someone is finding himself quite unemployable and thinks removing a social media account means those things go away.

Yeah, I had to read the title 3x to make sure I had this right. The dude is a mask (and many other types of) conspiracy theorist. There's simply no way this is true. If anything, I'd be more inclined to think he was fired for refusing TO comply with the guidelines.

Thank god we got rid of him. What is a guy who thinks masks are going to shrink your balls going to do with the nutrition and safety of the players in the gym?

I would imagine exhibit A-Z of his social media posts will get this suit thrown out as soon as the judge bothers to look.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I had to read the title 3x to make sure I had this right. The dude is a mask (and many other types of) conspiracy theorist. There's simply no way this is true. If anything, I'd be more inclined to think he was fired for refusing TO comply with the guidelines.

Thank god we got rid of him. What is a guy who thinks masks are going to shrink your balls going to do with the nutrition and safety of the players in the gym?

I would imagine exhibit A-Z of his social media posts will get this suit thrown out as soon as the judge bothers to look.

On his social media accounts (not his back-up Instagram, which he’s trying to keep professional), he proudly proclaims his belief that COVID is a hoax and basically goes all, “wake u, sheeple! the government is trying to control you!” Pick a lane, buddy.

Reaction Score
On his social media accounts (not his back-up Instagram, which he’s trying to keep professional), he proudly claims his belief that COVID is a hoax. Pick a lane, buddy!

Stupid is as stupid does, Hoops. I wish I was surprised by this nonsense.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of taking chances on people, everyone deserves a second and even third chance IMO. It's a part of the reason I love Calhoun and Hurley so much but sometimes you get burned. There were significant warning flags with this guy, he showed enough for Hurley to take a chance on helping him rebuild his career but some people unfortunately don't prove worthy of the effort.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
On his social media accounts (not his back-up Instagram, which he’s trying to keep professional), he proudly proclaims his belief that COVID is a hoax and basically goes all, “wake u, sheeple! the government is trying to control you!” Pick a lane, buddy.
Those posts were not the most challenging things he posted. He put himself in a position where he lost the team.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
So his claim is he got fired for...COMPLYING with COVID protocols.

LULZZZZZ.

OK, dude. Has his lawyer seen his twitter feed?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I for one am super stoked the university wants him to exhaust all administrative options before going to courts.

No way this could stretch out for a year or two with state HR officials before lawsuits can be filed, right?

Reaction Score
This entire thing is so funny to me. I recall listening to a podcast with Andrea Hurley during peak covid and she was talking about how Dan drove them to Whole Foods and she was so excited to finally get out of the house and Dan wouldn’t let them out of the car. She was pretty much talking the whole time about how cautious he was during covid. And now the guy who has openly has said covid is a hoax is accusing DH of not following rules. It’s humorous honestly.

Reaction Score
He’s a contract employee who they chose not to renew. Buhbye.
… and hence the point of contention:

-> A hearing was held Thursday on UConn’s motion to dismiss, but Superior Court Judge James Sicilian did not immediately rule. UConn said in its motion that the case should be dismissed because of Alosi’s “failure to exhaust contractual remedies.” <-

-> Alosi’s contract expired in May, but he was told of his termination in June. The lawsuit claims that 300 days notice was required on a decision to not renew a multi-year contract, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement applicable to coaches. <-

Reaction Score
Sal is claiming he was fired for taking COVID TOO seriously? This is right between Bigfoot and aliens on the list of things I never thought I’d see.

Reaction Score
Sal is claiming he was fired for taking COVID TOO seriously? This is right between Bigfoot and aliens on the list of things I never thought I’d see.
hey man, the aliens - who knows anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom