Former Penn State Defensive Coordinator Jerry Sandusky | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Former Penn State Defensive Coordinator Jerry Sandusky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get the attack on upstater here. Here's what he said a few pages ago before being accused of deflecting.

Paterno should resign immediately, but I've been saying that for ages. His behavior here is despicable.

What is so unclear about his position on this incident?

Reaction Score
I can get the grad assistant doin gwhat he did...probably a 23 year old kid. He went to a bunch of higher ups and reported what he saw. Would a more mature person have taken stronger action? I'd sure like to think so...called 911 and demanded Sandusky get the hell away form the kid...that Joe Pa did nothing, and that the University did nothing is compeltely dispicable, though. Joe really should submit his resignation immediately, as should the university president and anyone else involved in this sorid tale.

Reaction Score
I can get the grad assistant doin gwhat he did...probably a 23 year old kid. He went to a bunch of higher ups and reported what he saw. Would a more mature person have taken stronger action? I'd sure like to think so...called 911 and demanded Sandusky get the hell away form the kid...that Joe Pa did nothing, and that the University did nothing is compeltely dispicable, though. Joe really should submit his resignation immediately, as should the university president and anyone else involved in this sorid tale.

I agree mostly. I know it's hard to say how one would act if put in a certain situation, but if you see an adult sexually abusing anyone at all, let alone a young boy, you stop that immediately. He supposedly saw Sanducky giving him oral, and walked away. I have a hard time getting my head aorund that being acceptable, but again, thankfully I've never had to witness something that outrageous. Even if he panicked (sp?) or was in shock, and didn't stop it immediately, at least call 911. Paterno on the other hand definitely should have done more even if after the fact. It may not have been required legally, but morally there is a responsibility (at least in my opinion).

This is going to be crazy enought with the criminal trial, just wait until after that and the civil suits start to fly..... If everything being reported is true (and all parties deserve their day in court) several people need to spend time in jail doing real time. And then the entire university will pay thru the nose for their lack of action. Again, let's see what comes out in court. The whole thing is really sad.

Reaction Score
This is very likely the last straw for me. this is a pandemic in america that has to stop. I can't not do something. I am going to apply for the FBI as soon as I graduate next month.

Reaction Score

Grad assistant was Mike McQueary, a current coach. In 2002, he was 28. I can understand he ws concerned for his future, and that he was horrified by what he saw. But 28 is 28.

Reaction Score
I agree mostly. I know it's hard to say how one would act if put in a certain situation, but if you see an adult sexually abusing anyone at all, let alone a young boy, you stop that immediately. He supposedly saw Sanducky giving him oral, and walked away. I have a hard time getting my head aorund that being acceptable, but again, thankfully I've never had to witness something that outrageous. Even if he panicked (sp?) or was in shock, and didn't stop it immediately, at least call 911. Paterno on the other hand definitely should have done more even if after the fact. It may not have been required legally, but morally there is a responsibility (at least in my opinion).

This is going to be crazy enought with the criminal trial, just wait until after that and the civil suits start to fly..... If everything being reported is true (and all parties deserve their day in court) several people need to spend time in jail doing real time. And then the entire university will pay thru the nose for their lack of action. Again, let's see what comes out in court. The whole thing is really sad.

Just to be clear, a janitor saw that in another incident.

The GA saw anal rape.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This is very likely the last straw for me. this is a pandemic in america that has to stop. I can't not do something. I am going to apply for the FBI as soon as I graduate next month.

This is the first post I ever "liked". So dammit, you better become a G-Man.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Paterno may have fulfilled his legal requirement to report suspected abuse by former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, state police Commissioner Frank Noonan said, "but somebody has to question about what I would consider the moral requirements for a human being that knows of sexual things that are taking place with a child."

He added: "I think you have the moral responsibility, anyone. Not whether you're a football coach or a university president or the guy sweeping the building. I think you have a moral responsibility to call us."

This.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is worth noting that it appears that Penn State appears to be ready to take out the trash on this episode, and it could happen this week.

Compare that with Notre Dame's handling of Declan Sullivan's death. Brian Kelly ordered that kid up on an unstable scaffolding in gale force winds, and the kid died. Notre Dame fans don't care, and now the kid is an afterthought.

Reaction Score
Penn State is almost ten years late in taking out the trash.

So the GA is now a current coach? And over the years he hasn't had the opportunity to make sure JoePa was clear about understanding what he saw?

That just doesn't make any sense to me.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I am toward the end of my initial outrage and moving into a feeling of sadness over this entire episode. I feel confident that those involved will get what's coming to them, for whatever that is worth. The mob also appears to be losing a bit of steam, though it may only be catching it's breath.

I have always been fascinated by the actions of people in moment of crisis and the behavior of mobs. They are one of they only things I find truly frightening. Illogical, unpredictable, and sometimes violent, they show the darkness within us all.

To those questioning the GA actions, I suspect you are firm in your opinion on what he saw and the detailed circumstances of what couldn't have been more than a few seconds. Did he witness the presence of the coach and boy only, a compromising position, or something much more graphic. These would have a tremendous effect on his response as did the mere shock of the event in his place of work.

In all likelihood, he freaked out perhaps in that second not quite sure believing what he saw or what to do about someone obviously respected. He made the wrong move, of course, but let me.put this out in a quest for human understanding.

How many of you are willing to march into your bosses office to demand action on something you know shouldn't be going on at work, right now? There are a lot if uncomfortable silences in the workplace. That particular moment being the ultimate example.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I am toward the end of my initial outrage and moving into a feeling of sadness over this entire episode. I feel confident that those involved will get what's coming to them, for whatever that is worth. The mob also appears to be losing a bit of steam, though it may only be catching it's breath.

I have always been fascinated by the actions of people in moment of crisis and the behavior of mobs. They are one of they only things I find truly frightening. Illogical, unpredictable, and sometimes violent, they show the darkness within us all.

To those questioning the GA actions, I suspect you are firm in your opinion on what he saw and the detailed circumstances of what couldn't have been more than a few seconds. Did he witness the presence of the coach and boy only, a compromising position, or something much more graphic. These would have a tremendous effect on his response as did the mere shock of the event in his place of work.

In all likelihood, he freaked out perhaps in that second not quite sure believing what he saw or what to do about someone obviously respected. He made the wrong move, of course, but let me.put this out in a quest for human understanding.

How many of you are willing to march into your bosses office to demand action on something you know shouldn't be going on at work, right now? There are a lot if uncomfortable silences in the workplace. That particular moment being the ultimate example.

There is a detailed account of what he saw. I agree with you that shock makes people react in weird ways, but given his detailed recognition of what he saw after the fact, there's no excuse for a 28 year old man to not report it to authorities.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
There is a detailed account of what he saw. I agree with you that shock makes people react in weird ways, but given his detailed recognition of what he saw after the fact, there's no excuse for a 28 year old man to not report it to authorities.

That's what he told the grand jury after being able to reflect on it. I am more interested in his immediate take and of course, exactly what he told Joe. The facts of the underlying case appear indisputable.

I get a bit miffed, when imperfect people get outraged when someone else isn't perfect. I have read the horrible GJ report. The GA messed up, but I won't be indignant about it. If it turns out Joe is being honest about his part, I will say the same. I read yesterday that the University Police is in fact the legal law enforcement body for the campus. Joe should have followed up when if they never came to see him.

Reaction Score
I'm as imperfect as they come but there is no way in hell I don't go straight to the police and child protective services as soon as I see this in the graduate assistants case or hear about it in Paterno's case.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I'm as imperfect as they come but there is no way in hell I don't go straight to the police and child protective services as soon as I see this in the graduate assistants case or hear about it in Paterno's case.

I agree with you, I'm trying to comprehend the effect of minor variances in the events has on the acceptable behavior of those involved. If the assumption is that the AD reports to the police, then isn't justice served? I keep getting stuck on the premise that Joe should have expected to be interviewed by the police shortly thereafter. The fact that he was still walking the campus is doubly damning.

Reaction Score
It is worth noting that it appears that Penn State appears to be ready to take out the trash on this episode, and it could happen this week.

Compare that with Notre Dame's handling of Declan Sullivan's death. Brian Kelly ordered that kid up on an unstable scaffolding in gale force winds, and the kid died. Notre Dame fans don't care, and now the kid is an afterthought.

At least thirteen years after definitively finding out that their longtime coach was a child rapist, and even though they let the guy use the football facilities with children for years after they found that out, Penn State may or may not fire or ease out their head coach, not really clear, this action (or non-action) coming AFTER their AD and another administrator were brought up on related criminal charges. You compare this (non-)response - favorably(!) - to Notre Dame's response to the accidental death of a student intern in a windstorm?

You are a Bonetard immortal!

Reaction Score

There is no excuse for a 28 year old, ex football player to NOT TAKE ACTION AS THE EVENT HE SAW WAS TAKING PLACE. You take action, then!!!!!! Same with the janitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom