Former Penn State Defensive Coordinator Jerry Sandusky | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Former Penn State Defensive Coordinator Jerry Sandusky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is true if you read the Grand Jury report. A young man's mother confronted Sandusky and reported it to police after her son came home with his hair wet and telling his mother he had showered with Sandusky. She notified police, after questioning Sandusk and it was investigated, but the prosecutor chose not to press charges. He resigned a year later as something just short of a folk hero, but people at PSU had to have known that an investigation into inappropriate behavior had occured.

Child protective services was apparently investigating the 1998 incident.

Reaction Score
This led the CBS Evening News tonight. Yes, Sunday is a slow news day, but still impressive that this was the lead story.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The first round of indictments is probably not the end of this, particularly considering they were small fish like the AD and the other administrator. I suspect the prosecutor will ratchet up the pressure on those two now that they are facing jail time, and those two are probably not the kind that want to do hard time to protect Paterno and friends. If the prosecutors can prove that Paterno was aware that a subordinate was behaving in this manner, and was doing it in Penn State facilities, Paterno has a very serious problem.

Reaction Score
The first round of indictments is probably not the end of this, particularly considering they were small fish like the AD and the other administrator. I suspect the prosecutor will ratchet up the pressure on those two now that they are facing jail time, and those two are probably not the kind that want to do hard time to protect Paterno and friends. If the prosecutors can prove that Paterno was aware that a subordinate was behaving in this manner, and was doing it in Penn State facilities, Paterno has a very serious problem.

Did you even bother reading the report? It doesn't sound like it. Your question has been asked and answered.

Put it this way. PSU fans are much much much tougher on Paterno than the DA will ever be. It's right there in the report where the DA says that Paterno did the right thing by immediately reporting it to his superior.

Reaction Score
i really can't think of anything worse that could happen at a school. how so many people were notified of this and he wasn't put in jail 10 years ago boggles my mind. how could not one of those people gone to the police?

Reaction Score
i really can't think of anything worse that could happen at a school. how so many people were notified of this and he wasn't put in jail 10 years ago boggles my mind. how could not one of those people gone to the police?

There are examples of worse things happening. Remember the murder at Eastern Michigan? The school covered it up.

That's the only thing I can recall that rises to this level.

Reaction Score
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Unfortunately, this seems to be the issue at Penn St. Joe Pa's long time success will result in his downfall. Penn St needs a housecleaning from top to bottom.

This year, I am becoming demoralized about college sports with conference realignment, the Ohio St scandal, and the Miami mess. Yet, what happened at Penn St is the one of the worst, if not the worst scandal of all time.

Reaction Score
There are examples of worse things happening. Remember the murder at Eastern Michigan? The school covered it up.
#1. I don't remember the murder at Eastern Michigan. Enlighten me.

#2. We're talking about young boys being raped. People at Penn State knew of it, and didn't report it TO POLICE. What exactly would the point be in finding "worse things" that have happened?

I understand you love Penn State, but reportedly a 28 year old man saw the rape of a young child and told Joe Paterno, after calling his own daddy, who in turn told someone else, who in turn told someone else, who in turn..... No one ever told the 28 year old, I'm calling the police, you have to tell them what you saw. The school administrators decided to ban Sandusky from bringing Second Mile kids into Penn State facilities, even though they admit the ban wasn't enforceable.

Now Joe Paterno, releases a statement through his son who is political operative and lawyer. This stinks, and you wish people man up and admit somewhere, someone phucked up.

Found the link below on EMU. Don't remember hearing this. Phucked up as well, lying to the parents was bad, but with PSU a known predator was allowed to continue preying on young victims. Again, no sense in trying to find something worse.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289641,00.html

Reaction Score
#1. I don't remember the murder at Eastern Michigan. Enlighten me.

#2. We're talking about young boys being raped. People at Penn State knew of it, and didn't report it TO POLICE. What exactly would the point be in finding "worse things" that have happened?

I understand you love Penn State, but reportedly a 28 year old man saw the rape of a young child and told Joe Paterno, after calling his own daddy, who in turn told someone else, who in turn told someone else, who in turn..... No one ever told the 28 year old, I'm calling the police, you have to tell them what you saw. The school administrators decided to ban Sandusky from bringing Second Mile kids into Penn State facilities, even though they admit the ban wasn't enforceable.

Now Joe Paterno, releases a statement through his son who is political operative and lawyer. This stinks, and you wish people man up and admit somewhere, someone phucked up.

Found the link below on EMU. Don't remember hearing this. Phucked up as well, lying to the parents was bad, but with PSU a known predator was allowed to continue preying on young victims. Again, no sense in trying to find something worse.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289641,00.html

When did I defend this?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Oh, so there was something worse somewhere else? I guess everyone at Penn State is off the hook.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I just read the thread...I vomited in my mouth.

What a way for Paterno legacy to be finalized. It seems there is no Camelot in college football after all.

Reaction Score
Oh, so there was something worse somewhere else? I guess everyone at Penn State is off the hook.

That's right, because the Holocaust was bad, Stalin was a good guy. Good thinking Nelson.

Reaction Score
Stating there are examples of worse incidents sounded a bit like a defense. If it wasn't, my apologies.

The question was asked, I just answered it. This is horrific. beaten only by what went on a EMU. Rape and murder covered up at EMU as the killer was allowed to remain free and prowl the campus.

Reaction Score
Paterno's defense that the graduate assistant was distraught but didn't tell him all that he saw - softening it by saying he saw something inappropriate or of a "sexual nature" rather than sodomy - doesn't seem at all credible. Furthermore, his failure to follow up seems unconscionable. Joe Pa's nearly mythical status at PSU may allow him to retire gracefully, but his legacy is destroyed and for good reason.

As for the GA, I know he was in an extremely difficult position, but how do you see a young boy being sodomized and accept as an answer from the administration that the perpetrator's keys to the locker room were taken away and his private charity was notified?

Reaction Score
Paterno's defense that the graduate assistant was distraught but didn't tell him all that he saw - softening it by saying he saw something inappropriate or of a "sexual nature" rather than sodomy - doesn't seem at all credible. Furthermore, his failure to follow up seems unconscionable. Joe Pa's nearly mythical status at PSU may allow him to retire gracefully, but his legacy is destroyed and for good reason.

As for the GA, I know he was in an extremely difficult position, but how do you see a young boy being sodomized and accept as an answer from the administration that the perpetrator's keys to the locker room were taken away and his private charity was notified?

I give a lot of slack to the GA given how power can be used, how were Clinton's accusers treated. Think maybe Paterno, AD, Penn State CFO, Penn State keystone cops, etc. don't have similar power in Sodomy (oops Happy) Valley (guess depending which end of the dick you are on determine how happy you are there).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That's right, because the Holocaust was bad, Stalin was a good guy. Good thinking Nelson.

I am trying to make a joke of this, but frankly I find your defense of Paterno's and PSU's actions offensive. Two PSU athletic department officials committed a crime to conceal this. It is impossible for a thinking person to believe they were the only ones. And the underlying crime is about as bad as it gets. This is not passing a few envelopes or covering up a player's drug habit. This is protecting a pedophile who was raping children in Penn State's athletic facilities.

And as for perjury, those two guys are cooked. There is no alibi or basically any other defense for a perjury indictment. The prosecutor would have never gotten the indictments unless the accused knowingly made false statements. It is binary. I do not understand why they didn't get charged with obstruction of justice, but I suspect that is coming. These are felonies, and not white collar crimes, particularly given what they were trying to cover up. They are on the road to learning a lot more about rape, first hand. These two are going to sing.

Paterno should resign immediately. He knew what Sandusky was like, and he protected him because he realized there would be a scandal and it would be embarrassing to his program. So he hid the fact that there was a child predator that had a charity that put that predator in contact with vulnerable, at risk youth. There can be no gray area on what happened here. Paterno is a bad human being, and anyone who is a human being first and Penn State football fan second should agree with me.

Reaction Score
If someone told you that you saw a man and boy in a shower together that should be enough to initiate an official investigation. You don't need to be told that you sodomy occuring to shoot up a red star cluster.

These people are supposed to be responsible adult human beings. They clearly were not.

Paterno did the least he could do legally. But he did nothing right morally.

Reaction Score
This is true if you read the Grand Jury report. A young man's mother confronted Sandusky and reported it to police after her son came home with his hair wet and telling his mother he had showered with Sandusky. She notified police, after questioning Sandusk and it was investigated, but the prosecutor chose not to press charges. He resigned a year later as something just short of a folk hero, but people at PSU had to have known that an investigation into inappropriate behavior had occured.

The prosecutor (Gricar) also went missing in 2005. He was declared dead shortly after.

Gricar actually had Police hidden in that particular Mother's house when Sandusky visited and overheard everything.

Apparently Gricar was a stand up guy. Didn't play favorites the fact that he didn't prosecute is a big question mark right now.

Read this:

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/05/2975854/conflict-what-conflict.html

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Well according to reports, the AD and VP stepped down tonight. Paterno and the Prez are still in place at the moment...

Reaction Score
This has been the lead news story on all the major news networks this weekend. ESPN's barely hinted on it other than occasional mentions on the crawl (and on Sports Reporters?). They're working pretty hard to sweep it under the rug.

Disgusting.

Reaction Score
I am trying to make a joke of this, but frankly I find your defense of Paterno's and PSU's actions offensive. Two PSU athletic department officials committed a crime to conceal this. It is impossible for a thinking person to believe they were the only ones. And the underlying crime is about as bad as it gets. This is not passing a few envelopes or covering up a player's drug habit. This is protecting a pedophile who was raping children in Penn State's athletic facilities.

And as for perjury, those two guys are cooked. There is no alibi or basically any other defense for a perjury indictment. The prosecutor would have never gotten the indictments unless the accused knowingly made false statements. It is binary. I do not understand why they didn't get charged with obstruction of justice, but I suspect that is coming. These are felonies, and not white collar crimes, particularly given what they were trying to cover up. They are on the road to learning a lot more about rape, first hand. These two are going to sing.

Paterno should resign immediately. He knew what Sandusky was like, and he protected him because he realized there would be a scandal and it would be embarrassing to his program. So he hid the fact that there was a child predator that had a charity that put that predator in contact with vulnerable, at risk youth. There can be no gray area on what happened here. Paterno is a bad human being, and anyone who is a human being first and Penn State football fan second should agree with me.

What defense of Paterno and PSU?

I suppose my saying Paterno burned up 40 years of history is a defense? Uh, no. There was no defense. I was correcting a factual error in the reporting that ascribed Paterno's motivations to keeping it hidden because of worries about his DC. In 2002, Sandusky wasn't a DC.

It's been proven over and over again that you have trouble reading. This is yet another instance.

Reaction Score

He was also 28 years old. The GA is not a young guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom