Former Penn State Defensive Coordinator Jerry Sandusky | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Former Penn State Defensive Coordinator Jerry Sandusky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This has been the lead news story on all the major news networks this weekend. ESPN's barely hinted on it other than occasional mentions on the crawl (and on Sports Reporters?). They're working pretty hard to sweep it under the rug.

Disgusting.

ESPN is seemingly trying to ignore this for whatever reason. They really need some program to have a guy caught out on a yacht or something to give them something to run with, or maybe they just need to devote more time to Alabama's crappy kickers. And hey, Tim Tebow won a game so maybe they can talk about that. But one of the most high profile football programs allowing a pedophile to run loose? Don't really have time for that story.

Reaction Score
There are examples of worse things happening. Remember the murder at Eastern Michigan? The school covered it up.

it's debatable what's worse, and it shows a twisted sense of loyalty by you to even bring it up for debate

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
ESPN is seemingly trying to ignore this for whatever reason. They really need some program to have a guy caught out on a yacht or something to give them something to run with, or maybe they just need to devote more time to Alabama's crappy kickers. And hey, Tim Tebow won a game so maybe they can talk about that. But one of the most high profile football programs allowing a pedophile to run loose? Don't really have time for that story.

Yup.

That's why they're ESPN, not JSPN...

Reaction Score

I noticed they don't like to report salacious stuff. They are not kind to PSU, remember Outside the Lines?
I've seen them do this over the years. Story gets too hot and they drop it like a hot potato.

Reaction Score
i don't think covering up a murder is worse than continuing to allow a predator to rape children. they allowed it to continue to happen. i know you're a pennstate fan but you have to realize how wrong that is

The mental capacity of people on this board is diminishing by the hour.
I can only write what I've already written about the PSU situation. Go to the PSU board if you want to see what the reaction is.
And, you're diminshing the murder story. A story of multiple rapes, serial rapist, AND knowing who the murderer was, letting him stay on campus with other students for a long period of time.It's not about deflecting anything for PSU. Can't believe the sort of logic you're using.

Reaction Score
The mental capacity of people on this board is diminishing by the hour.
I can only write what I've already written about the PSU situation. Go to the PSU board if you want to see what the reaction is.
And, you're diminshing the murder story. A story of multiple rapes, serial rapist, AND knowing who the murderer was, letting him stay on campus with other students for a long period of time.It's not about deflecting anything for PSU. Can't believe the sort of logic you're using.
No one doubts you find the alleged actions just as horrific and disgusting as everyone else. You, me, all of us are disgusted by it. But your need to say, "oh ya, this is bad, but don't say this is the worst thing to ever have happened..." how did you think people would respond? I was actually waiting for a post akin to that to come from you, so thanks for being predictable.

Whether it is your intent or not, it does come off like you are minimizing what went down at PSU by pointing out that there are worse offenses out there. So what if there are. I know that isn't your intent, but I can see how it is read that way (and no, it is not a reading comprehension issue, or the mental capacity of the board diminishing and you being so much smarter and enlightened than everyone else - which takes away your usual elitist reply when people don't see things the way you see them). It's your comments in this thread, coupled with your long history of countering any negative comment regarding PSU. man, just let it go without a response.

Reaction Score
what upstater is doing is deflection plain and simple. whether you're doing it intentionally or not i can't say, but it's what you're doing. if something like this happened at UConn i would stop donating money and demand the firing of anyone and everyone that knew anything about it without notifying the police. what i wouldn't do is say "well there was once an event at another school that was worse than this". you're coming off like an ass.

Reaction Score
No one doubts you find the alleged actions just as horrific and disgusting as everyone else. You, me, all of us are disgusted by it. But your need to say, "oh ya, this is bad, but don't say this is the worst thing to ever have happened..." how did you think people would respond? I was actually waiting for a post akin to that to come from you, so thanks for being predictable.

Whether it is your intent or not, it does come off like you are minimizing what went down at PSU by pointing out that there are worse offenses out there. So what if there are. I know that isn't your intent, but I can see how it is read that way (and no, it is not a reading comprehension issue, or the mental capacity of the board diminishing and you being so much smarter and enlightened than everyone else - which takes away your usual elitist reply when people don't see things the way you see them). It's your comments in this thread, coupled with your long history of countering any negative comment regarding PSU. man, just let it go without a response.

I answered a question. Simple as that. I didn't say, "Yeah, but..." Someone asked, I answered.

Reaction Score
what upstater is doing is deflection plain and simple. whether you're doing it intentionally or not i can't say, but it's what you're doing. if something like this happened at UConn i would stop donating money and demand the firing of anyone and everyone that knew anything about it without notifying the police. what i wouldn't do is say "well there was once an event at another school that was worse than this". you're coming off like an ass.

And, I didn't say, "There was once an event at another school that was worse than this."

Someone asked, "Has anything worse than this happened at another school?"

I answered.

I didn't say what you said I did.

But you're going to twist it anyway because that's all you ever do on this site.

Reaction Score
I answered a question. Simple as that. I didn't say, "Yeah, but..." Someone asked, I answered.
No, it isn't. The question asked by mattp, in the post you responded to was "how could not one of those people gone to the police?". You didn't answer that question (people in 'reading comprehension' glass houses should stop throwing 'reading comprehension' stones).

mattp wasn't asking a question when he said he can't imagine anything worse ever happening at a college. it was his opinion. your response regarding the EMU murders statement was to his opinion, not to the actual question being asked.

Reaction Score
No, it isn't. The question asked by mattp, in the post you responded to was "how could not one of those people gone to the police?". You didn't answer that question (people in 'reading comprehension' glass houses should stop throwing 'reading comprehension' stones).

mattp wasn't asking a question when he said he can't imagine anything worse ever happening at a college. it was his opinion. your response regarding the EMU murders statement was to his opinion, not to the actual question being asked.

LOL, man, what a pedant. So, on this board, responses should only be given when someone uses one of these (?)? Hilarious.

Frankly, I don't care about why they didn't go to police. The pertinent fact is that they didn't. You can speculate on Paterno's pychology. To me, it doesn't make a difference.

And, you clearly don't know what "reading comprehension" means. I didn't understand his question? I perfectly understood it. Just didn't care to provide a psychological reading for their behavior. And if I had, you can bet 100% that you would have said I was excusing it no matter what. You want me to answer a question for which any answer provided would be read as an excuse by you. What a hypocrite.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you don't understand how this could not be reported, then you haven't paying attention to our society. It's the same feelings of self-interest, denial and lack of faith in the system that causes one to not want to get involved or do the minimum to appease your conscience and move on. It is a character flaw for certain, but it is one we all possess.

The heinous nature of crimes here do not necessarily make the actions of witnesses unbelievable. The "Stop Snitchin'" attitude is pervasive even if on a subconscious level. There are routine occurrences of public violence with numerous witnesses who later claim to not have seen anything. It's not right but it happens.

I have no idea how anyone explained what they saw to anyone else, nor do I know.how this information was received or what follow up questions where asked, if any. I do know this. A whole lot of people let these kids down and there is a tremendous amount of blame to be shared by everyone involved in varying amounts.

Some where legally responsible to intervene, others morally, requiring differing levels of courage to stand up to a powerful figure, which at PSU, Sandusky still qualified. Details will be important but as of right now Paterno is in a questionable spot. He is the most powerful figure on campus and should have done more than pass it up the chain. The AD, President and University Police have the most questions to answer.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
LOL, man, what a pedant. So, on this board, responses should only be given when someone uses one of these (?)? Hilarious.

Frankly, I don't care about why they didn't go to police. The pertinent fact is that they didn't. You can speculate on Paterno's pychology. To me, it doesn't make a difference.

And, you clearly don't know what "reading comprehension" means. I didn't understand his question. I perfectly understood it. Just didn't care to provide a psychological reading for their behavior.

Ahh Upstater, the smartest guy in the room. The most predictable too.

You use being pedantic when it suits you, and condemn it when it suits you. But, hey, let's talk more about those murders at EMU (deflect much??)

Reaction Score
John Wayne Gacy wasn't that bad he only raped, killed and stuffed his victims in his crawl space. Jeffrey Dahmer drugged, raped and ate his victims before stuffing them in his crawl space. Is this upstater guy serious?

Reaction Score
John Wayne Gacy wasn't that bad he only raped, killed and stuffed his victims in his crawl space. Jeffrey Dahmer drugged, raped and ate his victims before stuffing them in his crawl space. Is this upstater guy serious?

And yet another brainiac chimes in.

Reaction Score
Ahh Upstater, the smartest guy in the room. The most predictable too.

You use being pedantic when it suits you, and condemn it when it suits you. But, hey, let's talk more about those murders at EMU (deflect much??)

I'm not asking for much in terms of brain power. Only reading comprehension. This was oh too predictable since any comment from a PSu fan would be met this way, never mind I discussed this in chats with people here over the weekend without the same level of "confusion" (to put it politely) from the usual suspects.

Reaction Score
upstater, you seem to be a bit of an apologist for the goings on at PSU. If you can't see that what Paterno did is morally bankrupt, well then I feel sorry for you.

Reaction Score
upstater, you seem to be a bit of an apologist for the goings on at PSU. If you can't see that what Paterno did is morally bankrupt, well then I feel sorry for you.

Thank you for showing us your reading skills. Well done.

Reaction Score
Yup that's it, we are all lacking in reading comprehension skills and lack the mental acuity of the great upstater.

Reaction Score
Yup that's it, we are all lacking in reading comprehension skills and lack the mental acuity of the great upstater.

This is what you wrote: "If you can't see that what Paterno did is morally bankrupt, well then I feel sorry for you."

What else am I to assume except that you have some sort of reading debility?

Reaction Score
This was oh too predictable since any comment from a PSu fan would be met this way, never mind I discussed this in chats with people here over the weekend without the same level of "confusion" (to put it politely) from the usual suspects.

It's predictable because you sing the same tune anytime someone has a differing point of view, calls you out on something, or posts something less than glowing about PSU (regardless of the topic). You immediately defend, justify or deflect the criticism of PSU, then you move to questioning their intellectual capacity, and then some name calling. Not just in this thread either. You're a broken f'ng record.

I'm done with this particular thread.

Now, come back and post for the last word.....you know you're dying to (and so does everybody else who has read your posts over the years).

Reaction Score
It's predictable because you sing the same tune anytime someone has a differing point of view, calls you out on something, or posts something less than glowing about PSU (regardless of the topic). You immediately defend, justify or deflect the criticism of PSU, then you move to questioning their intellectual capacity, and then some name calling. Not just in this thread either. You're a broken f'ng record.

I'm done with this particular thread.

Now, come back and post for the last word.....you know you're dying to (and so does everybody else who has read your posts over the years).

Uh-huh. I defneded Paterno by saying he's trashed his career and should resign immediately.

Great logic there.

No wonder this thread has become a joke.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sad that this thread has become a p*ssing match between posters. That deflects away from the real story.

Outside of the specific act perpetrated on innocent kids, the peripheral involvement is very serious.

On the one hand it is possible that incredulous acts that rarely (fortunately) are encountered by most of us, caused people unprepared with this type of situation to handle things properly.

On the other hand it is possible that these individuals, although not associated with the direct act, conspired together to keep things quiet in order to protect the University and with it, their reputations, thus preserving their position in the academic and sports world.

If the event was isolated to 2002 I could argue either way. But with the events that happened in 1998 I find it difficult to believe that they were not prepared for Sandusky the second time.

I'm a fan of JoePa. He's done a lot of things right. But in this incidence he's backpedaling, spinning things that have very little credibility. Someone with JoePa's supposed moral fabric would have been on top of this story when it was revealed the second time. The grad student would have told him everything.

It looks like there are some seamy sides to Joe and the organization surrounding him. It appears power and appearance were important to Joe and the university and this led this group to not only drop the ball, but penalize the kids.

Reaction Score
you can tell when upstater is losing an argument because he resorts to insulting the intelligence of the poster that disagrees with him. stay classy. anything to divert attention away from PennState's cess pool of an athletic department.

Reaction Score
you can tell when upstater is losing an argument because he resorts to insulting the intelligence of the poster that disagrees with him. stay classy. anything to divert attention away from PennState's cess pool of an athletic department.

Where did I divert attention? Answered your statement. Simple. Yes, I am generally surprised at people's intelligence and difficulty reading, that's because people are bad readers. Including yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom