Former 5* Dwayne Morgan Transfers from UNLV | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Former 5* Dwayne Morgan Transfers from UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think I'd take Dewayne Morgan he's got some serious upside. UNLV has no structure. Could be good for someone tho. Sitting out a year could help.

Absolutely, from what I have read in unlv blogs, Morgan always played hard.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Morgan and GO (I'm not gonna try and spell his name) could be the results of terrible coaching. I'd rather take a chance on guys like them than the next cassell.

Reaction Score
Get a kid like Morgan, get a center with some beef and yikes. We look pretty great next year.

Reaction Score
Get a kid like Morgan, get a center with some beef and yikes. We look pretty great next year.

But Morgan can't play right away right? Hey the kid is talented, Dave Rice is awful. Not to say KO could get more out of him, but the fact people say he plays hard leads me to believe there may be something there. 5*'s usually are rated correctly but they tend to fade based on their own decisions not to work hard to get better if there is a noticeable decrease in expectation. But there are some who we've seen which were vastly overrated, guess we aren't sure where he fits huh?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
For the same reason people are now excited about a wee junior college transfer who essentially had no offers out of high school but put up huge numbers at Podunk CC - sheer, blind hope.
Sheer blind hope?

Isn't that one of the great things about UConn and the Boneyard? I thought it was kind of a given

Reaction Score
For the same reason people are now excited about a wee junior college transfer who essentially had no offers out of high school but put up huge numbers at Podunk CC - sheer, blind hope.

So, just to be clear, people interested in Morgan are stupid for caring about his recruiting rankings because he's been mediocre in college, but people who care about Jackson's performance are stupid because of his lousy recruiting ranking. Do I have it?

Reaction Score
Morgan and GO (I'm not gonna try and spell his name) could be the results of terrible coaching. I'd rather take a chance on guys like them than the next cassell.

A kid like Cassell who was offered by Maryland and other majors? Or you just mean that in hindsight you'd rather take a kid who hasn't yet failed to impress at UConn than one who has?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So, just to be clear, people interested in Morgan are stupid for caring about his recruiting rankings because he's been mediocre in college, but people who care about Jackson's performance are stupid because of his lousy recruiting ranking. Do I have it?

The kid is playing in an intramural league relative to Connectictut - his stats are gaudy and meaningless whereas Morgan has failed to produce at this level.

It's not hard to understand, is it? You can compare Cassell's junior college stats against his UConn production if you're still struggling.

And just to be clear, we really don't need you wandering from thread to thread playing the which kinda seems to be your self-chosen role. Again, just to be clear.

Reaction Score
They play 0 D in Juco. I see the teams Jackson plays against regularly. There wasn't any buzz on him or I would have made it a priority to see him

Reaction Score
A kid like Cassell who was offered by Maryland and other majors? Or you just mean that in hindsight you'd rather take a kid who hasn't yet failed to impress at UConn than one who has?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Sam Cassell Jr. being the son of a badarse NBA player had something to do with teams thinking he might be good, the whole apple doesn't fall far from the tree thing.

Reaction Score
The kid is playing in an intramural league relative to Connectictut - his stats are gaudy and meaningless whereas Morgan has failed to produce at this level.

It's not hard to understand, is it? You can compare Cassell's junior college stats against his UConn production if you're still struggling.

And just to be clear, we really don't need you wandering from thread to thread playing the which kinda seems to be your self-chosen role. Again, just to be clear.

I'm struggling with how you can think 33% shooting from 3 (what Cassell put up in JuCo) compares to 45% shooting from 3 (what Jackson put up). Whatever your opinion of Jackson's level of competition, it's clear he can shoot. If we're looking for a shooter, he could be an asset.

I'll just let the irony of that last line speak for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom