Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Wasn't he coming off an injury, or am I confused

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Transfer U, "the premier destination for players who realized they ****ed up when choosing school the first time."

Reaction Score
Has Goodluck Okonoboh landed anywhere? I haven't heard anything about him since he left UNLV early in the season. I've checked & there hasn't been much info I could find. I'm thinking he took 2nd semester off completely. I thought he'd be good player for us. I like athletic shot blockers.

Reaction Score
Has Goodluck Okonoboh landed anywhere? I haven't heard anything about him since he left UNLV early in the season. I've checked & there hasn't been much info I could find. I'm thinking he took 2nd semester off completely. I thought he'd be good player for us. I like athletic shot blockers.
Okonoboh is a worse version of Amida on every level - worse post defense, worse block %, worse rebounding (!!!) %, and he shoots about 30% from the line.

I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole. He'll land at a mid-major like Monmouth or PC.

Reaction Score
Okonoboh is a worse version of Amida on every level - worse post defense, worse block %, worse rebounding (!!!) %, and he shoots about 30% from the line.

I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole. He'll land at a mid-major like Monmouth or PC.

I'm not sure I'd go that far. His Freshman year he averaged about 6 ppg, 4.5 rpg & nearly 3 bpg. Dave Rice gave major minutes to 5 star Steve Zimmerman this year. Offense vs- Defense situation. No complaints there. Seems like Goodluck saw the writing on the wall & left. Now other players are leaving UNLV after another bad season. He'll never be an offensive force but he's a very good protector in the paint.... And our guards seem to take 80% of our shots, so he'll know he will never be option #1-2-3. But he could be another defender in the paint, which could be valuable to us/UConn.

Reaction Score
I accept why some people care if someone is a five star coming out of high school, but once someone has gone two years not having an impact on a mediocre Mountain West team WHY ### WOULD ANYONE CARE HOW HIGHLY PROJECTED THEY WERE A FEW YEARS AGO?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is a blatant "pass". I will regret this post in 2 years.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
If you are a lawyer you know never to ask a queston the you don't want the answer to. The answer to your question? We are the Boneyard!

Reaction Score
Based on his name, I think the kids a winner @jfuchs91
We need more Morgans in the program. Sign him up.

He's 6'8", can hit his FTs, and would have one of the best D-REB% on our team. If we have one more scholarship to give out, I don't see why not. Perhaps a guard would be better, but you can never have too many tall guys, and Morgan was a consensus top 25 recruit out of high school.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I'd go that far. His Freshman year he averaged about 6 ppg, 4.5 rpg & nearly 3 bpg.
Raw #s suck. Best to look at percentages and advanced metrics

Okonoboh (Fr): 48.7 true shooting %, 52.1 effective FG%; 10.5% defensive rebound rate, 9.5% total rebound rate; 10.7% block rate
Brimah (Fr): 63.2 true shooting %, 64.0 effective FG%; 11.1% defensive rebound rate, 10.8% total rebound rate; 15.1% block rate

Advanced metrics also strongly favor Amida. His box+/- was 10.0, Okonoboh's 6.5; Amida's winshares/40 was .152, Okonoboh's .096

He's not good enough for UConn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I accept why some people care if someone is a five star coming out of high school, but once someone has gone two years not having an impact on a mediocre Mountain West team WHY ### WOULD ANYONE CARE HOW HIGHLY PROJECTED THEY WERE A FEW YEARS AGO?

For the same reason people are now excited about a wee junior college transfer who essentially had no offers out of high school but put up huge numbers at Podunk CC - sheer, blind hope.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly Okonoboh is Alex Oriakhi's first cousin and prior to AO's father pulling his mumu garbage, was a slam dunk UConn recruit.

Reaction Score

Okonoboh (Fr): 48.7 true shooting %, 52.1 effective FG%; 10.5% defensive rebound rate, 9.5% total rebound rate; 10.7% block rate
Brimah (Fr): 63.2 true shooting %, 64.0 effective FG%; 11.1% defensive rebound rate, 10.8% total rebound rate; 15.1% block rate

Advanced metrics also strongly favor Amida. His box+/- was 10.0, Okonoboh's 6.5; Amida's winshares/40 was .152, Okonoboh's .096

Where did I say Okonoboh would be or is better than Brimah? Yeah, Brimah got more dunks and played for a better coach. I'm not talking about him being better than Brimah. You're making an argument just for the sake of making an argument. Whatever... I asked where Okonoboh is these days. You're the one who brought up Brimah, not me. I just said I like athletic shot blockers and could be an option. Didn't even hint we were looking at him. Why so fired up?

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly Okonoboh is Alex Oriakhi's first cousin and prior to AO's father pulling his mumu garbage, was a slam dunk UConn recruit.
he was never coming here. I think it was Indiana that was the heavy favorite with UNLV coming out of nowhere. we weren't even in his final 5

Reaction Score

Not fair to compare the 2 on a FG% basis because we all know why AB's is at 63 it's not because he can score it's because we have people who can get him the ball in the air. UNLV awful coach and a focus on nothing on offense, just go out and play. Again they are very very comparable with the only difference being AB is a better shot blocker. Still, no interest here for another player with a low basketball IQ of the game, we need smarts.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Why did the Raptors sign Anthony Bennett? It's human nature to think that your organization can coax the dormant talent out of a one-hyped athletes.

Reaction Score
I think I'd take Dewayne Morgan he's got some serious upside. UNLV has no structure. Could be good for someone tho. Sitting out a year could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom