Foreign recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Foreign recruiting

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Thabeet? Really? Both he and Brimah did not have a natural b'ball gene in their bodies. Yes, they could intimidate and block shots, but beyond that (shooting, FTs and good hands) they had nothing to help.

I would take another Neils or "Dove" anytime.

Just to be clear, we're talking about the same Thabeet who averaged 13/10/4 as a junior in what was at the time the best league in the country? The same Thabeet who has the 2nd-highest FG% in program history, and is barely behind Emeka in both total blocked shots and BPG?

Reaction Score
Thabeet? Really? Both he and Brimah did not have a natural b'ball gene in their bodies. Yes, they could intimidate and block shots, but beyond that (shooting, FTs and good hands) they had nothing to help.

Just when you think the board hits rock bottom in terms of terrible hot takes... Someone bashes a TWO time defense player of the year award who would be worlds better than anyone currently on the team. I would take a one armed Hasheem Thabeet, yesterday.

Reaction Score

Take a lap on this one. Thabeet was a key part on a Final Four team. Just because he was an NBA bust doesn't mean he wasn't a useful player on UConn.

Reaction Score

Really hoping this is sarcasm but you never know with this board.

Reaction Score
I’m sure Hurley is well aware of these possibilities but just like the players from here everyone is on the good ones, but I'll take 1 Sheffer with a side of Neils.

Reaction Score
yeah thabeet was the absolute werst!
Hot take alert: You could take Thabeet and fill the rest of the roster with JUCOs and we'd probably be a better team than we are this year.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Darius Smith
Scottie Haralson
Ryan Thompson
Chad Wise
Robert Swain

Thats just going back to the turn of the century.

Even @tcf15 wouldn't have highlight reels for them!

Robert Garrison. Transferred to Niagara. I think him and Donell Beverly came in at the same time. I remember thinking he was the better of the two and the wrong guy left. Oh well

Reaction Score
Ajou Deng...........................................

nevermind

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Chad Wise once hustled for an entire possession with only one shoe! Unfortunately I can't bring you the video because it was a preseason game, but here's the Courant.

Why do I remember this? What the hell is wrong with me?

I don't think anybody enjoyed college more than Chad. Really knew how to have a good time

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Robert Garrison. Transferred to Niagara. I think him and Donell Beverly came in at the same time. I remember thinking he was the better of the two and the wrong guy left. Oh well

I thought Austrie was the guard who came in with him?

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I would take another Neils or "Dove" in a heartbeat..

Niels over Thabeet Hahaha

2 x NDPOY and consensus 2nd team AA. One of the most dominating defensive college centers of all time.

You're overlooking 14pts and 11 rbds per game.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just to be clear, we're talking about the same Thabeet who averaged 13/10/4 as a junior in what was at the time the best league in the country? The same Thabeet who has the 2nd-highest FG% in program history, and is barely behind Emeka in both total blocked shots and BPG?

More like 14/11/4. Round up bro.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Is this gonna turn into another Thabeet debate?

Reaction Score

Thabeet had nothing? Sarcasm I’m guessing.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I thought the same. Donnell, particularly in his last year, seemed to have a hitch in his giddyup. He brought it most every night he was out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom