Forcing UConn to Portland WHY?????? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Forcing UConn to Portland WHY??????

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Once again, yes, UConn has done well. But their "good fortune" was strictly a product of their play on the court. Tennessee, when they were in the same situation long ago didn't fare as well, but that is due to a lack of appropriate arenas close to Knoxville. Once they banned teams from hosting regionals, (except for that unfortunate occasion a few years ago) the only site near Knoxville was in Nashville, but like MSG unlikley to want to host a regional.
Take a look at Stanford. In most of the last dozen years they were the highest seeded Pac12 team, a 1 or 2 mostly. And they always got to play in the west because the west was the furthest site for the rest of the 1's and 2's and was always where the weakest 1 or 2 seed got sent.

Cookie isnt going to always crumble cleanly for situations like regionals. I get all that. Again, I dont have a problem with the current set up. The system we have now has aided UCONN far greater than it has hurt the Huskies. That's the overriding point I'm trying to make.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmt
Reaction Score
I agree with the OP, but I have come to the realization that it doesn’t really matter where UConn ends up. No one wants The Huskies in their bracket. UConn will beat whoever they face to get back to a 13th straight FF.
Beating Oregon in Portland is a major challenge. I hope your prediction is correct but last year MSST faced the same challenge, we failed. Good luck, GO HUSKIES,

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You mean UCONN is playing UCONN ball again since they left OOC schedule? Because I can line up 10 or more teams that would have cruised through that AAC stretch equally well or better. Playing in a conference for 7 years where you never lose a single game and all but two wins are by double digits says it all....bunch of midget teams that UCONN beat up on, so what?
You may be right but we'll never know. UCOnn has beaten everybody their suppose to beat and have done it for years. They have lost some tuff games to top teams. Now name me 10 teams that have lost to lesser foes over the past 7 years. With all due respect I dont think there are many teams only because except for UConn not to many teams over the past 7 years have been in the top 4.

Reaction Score

That's what I was thinking lol
I really don't think SC or Oregon care who is placed in their brackets. I also don't think they need UConn for big draws lol

Reaction Score
That's what I was thinking lol
I really don't think SC or Oregon care who is placed in their brackets. I also don't think they need UConn for big draws lol
If they did allow fans to view the Regional Portland would certainly sell out no matter who the opposition was.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Tennessee led the country in attendance for years as a consistent 1 or 2 seed and never got the type of homecourt advantage that the Huskies have had. Notre Dame had 8 straight 1 seeds and only twice got favorable treatment in the form of crowds close to home. Again, I dont have a problem with the current set up, but the current set up of NCAA regionals has aided UCONN far greater than it has hurt the Huskies.
Blame that on the University's, they needed to have the area arenas bid for the Regional sites. Norte Dame has it their own backyard with Fort Wayne, they just bombed it this year. The Northeast always appears to have multiple sites bid that are close to UConn and their history of selling those sites out is the reason why they get picked. As one politician in DC has stated "It's all about the Benjamin's".

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well...UConn won't get sent to Portland. Probably not worth the cost though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom