For those who missed it - PK85 All-Tourney | The Boneyard

For those who missed it - PK85 All-Tourney

Reaction Score
I think that's the best I've ever seen Edwards play.......aggressive but totally under control, no hesitation on her shots.....simply awesome......if she can continue playing at or near that level UConn will be that much tougher to defend.....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
amazing that nika was snubbed, confirming that for some (far too many) what-you-score is the sole criteria for recognition

hurrah for the 3 who made the grade
Not sure how many people they picked, but obviously scoring is the primary "splash" that they seem to look for. All Nika did was average 4 points, 11.5 assists, 4.55 rebounds, and 2 steals per game.

I think they count Clark as a PG - so for the Leiberman award, while l fully expect Nika to be in the final 5 (assuming she stays on her torrid pace), I'm not sure anyone can beat Clark for that award. Still... Nika is garnering national attention and publicity which is a great thing in the long run.

But Aaliyah - totally deserving of the MVP. Not only was she a beast (she gets at least 1 offensive foul call a game that is NOT a foul, but simply her being so much stronger than the defender), but she was smooth and in control. Perhaps my favorite 2 things about her are the FT shooting % and the mid-range jumper - mainly because they are newer to her arsenal and makes her that much more a well rounded player.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
geez, ines looks tiny in conpared to her teammates ... shows how imposing they are ... ines wouldn't stick out on most (or any?) d1 squads

Reaction Score
geez, ines looks tiny in conpared to her teammates ... shows how imposing they are ... ines wouldn't stick out on most (or any?) d1 squads
You know, I feel a little sorry for this kid. She's a pretty good point guard, but she's likely only to get mop up minutes this year. And next year she might get even less. She should get more minutes but it's not going to happen on this team. Maybe 3 or 4 NCs will ease the pain :)

Reaction Score
You know, I feel a little sorry for this kid. She's a pretty good point guard, but she's likely only to get mop up minutes this year. And next year she might get even less. She should get more minutes but it's not going to happen on this team. Maybe 3 or 4 NCs will ease the pain :)
I'll put a positive spin on her being here. I agree she probably won't see a lot of playing time, but she will learn from the best and likely be able to develop skills she can utilize playing for Portugal.

International: Represented Portugal at the 2022 FIBA U18 Women's European Championship, Division B ... led Portugal and ranked fourth in the tournament with 14.4 points per game and added 4.6 steals, 3.7 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game ... named to the All-Star Five.

Reaction Score
Funny how Lou flies a bit under the radar, in Azzi's shadow and maybe Edwards' as well, but when all is said and done UCONN would be a very different team offensively without her. I'm not sure any player can make up for the loss of Bueckers, but Lou sure eases the pain a bit. Maybe a lot. I truly believe that if UCONN makes it to the Final Four, she will be a big reason wny. She has a certain poise about her that manifests itself in a determination to win.

Reaction Score
Lou 2 will be key to our FF championship run. Maturity, poise under pressure and cold bloodedness. Being the main scorer at Fairfield imbued her with a cold blooded scorers mentality. She knew if she didn't score, they were done. At Uconn, that mentality will manifest, grow and be fatal to other teams. She has a developed women's character in a girls game. Ines, I trust and hope will learn, by hard knocks, to live and survive with the giants. She'll bump heads with KK and Ashlynn, even Qadence. I think she'll make a place for herself in that war for survival.

Reaction Score
The way all of our players are playing, any awards they receive are fitting and well deserved. Nika will have to live with being the best point guard on the court without the recognition because of her lack of scoring. Nika, just keep playing the game the way you are and you will walk away with a National Championship. GO NIKA!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Does anyone know where the entire all-tournament team is posted?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
What has happened is that Iowa knew about Lou and Azzi and adjusted their defense to control them. I would think most teams will do that now. Caroline starting would change that. Why? Because Caroline at 6'2 will be difficult for players 6'2 and above to keep up with and players shorter then Caroline allows Caroline to shoot over them. Caroline plays good defense and rebounds even better.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What has happened is that Iowa knew about Lou and Azzi and adjusted their defense to control them. I would think most teams will do that now. Caroline starting would change that. Why? Because Caroline at 6'2 will be difficult for players 6'2 and above to keep up with and players shorter then Caroline allows Caroline to shoot over them. Caroline plays good defense and rebounds even better.
But with Aubrey starting and shutting down a key player, the opponent gets frustrated. Then Geno brings Caroline off the bench. How demoralizing is that?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
But with Aubrey starting and shutting down a key player, the opponent gets frustrated. Then Geno brings Caroline off the bench. How demoralizing is that?
Good Points Nan Im glad this is Geno's decision.

Reaction Score
I think that's the best I've ever seen Edwards play.......aggressive but totally under control, no hesitation on her shots.....simply awesome......if she can continue playing at or near that level UConn will be that much tougher to defend.....

Exactly! That is going to be another match-up to take advantage of during the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom