For those of you who have (had) YouTube TV | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For those of you who have (had) YouTube TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
And for us streaming challenged people, I believe in order to receive SNY via YouTube TV and Hulu Live, you have to "live" in the SNY viewing area. Now it appears that YouTube TV may have dropped SNY as a channel (in the SNY viewing area????).
So, for us streamers NOT in the SNY viewing area, we can use the FoxSports app to stream the SNY games as long as your tv provider carries the Fox, FS1 and FS2 channels.
I have the FoxSports app installed on my Xbox S, Roku, Firestick and cell phone. I don't believe I have yet to miss a SNY telecast.
I know absolutely nothing about how FUBO works or what it costs.
There was a time that DirecTV (satellite) offered a add on sports package that included SNY. No idea if the same is offered in their streaming service.
I'm on Direct in NC which includes foxsports and fx1. I can watch online with the fox app thru Direct. Don't know what's happening this year but I watch on my laptop. I think I can cast it but's easier for me to watch online.

Reaction Score
I believe Fox Sports carries UConn games. They did last season. Fox Sports is a free app that has a good selection of sports, I use it mainly for UConn WCB. I have Hulu Live+ but they did not cover all the UConn WBB games, Fox Sports did.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I still have YouTubeTV and after investigating I will cancel and go with Hulu+LiveTV. I have been hoping that YouTube would decide to go again with SNY but I guess that's a pipe dream. I will do that in early October so I can get used to it. I plan to keep regular YouTube because of all the reruns of games and interviews. I don't know how much that will cost, but just have to do it.
Consider pausing your YouTube subscription and only toggle get back on when you want to access that recorded content. That will save you the monthly fee except when you actually choose to access it.

Reaction Score
Sometimes the Varsity App is a lifesaver.
I really like the radio broadcast crew, and they cover every game.
I'll most likely switch to HULU, but not until the season starts.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think that whoever it is that carries the UConn Women's basketball games will have the same agreement that FOX Sports will be able to carry it on their app for wider broadcasting. FOX is the one that has rights to Big East games and I believe that they will continue to include it like they have the last year. I wish that CBS Sports wouldn't carry the Senior night game and let SNY or whoever it will be televise, so UConn fans can watch it.

Reaction Score
Beware. Disney (ESPN) just shut down their network feed in the middle of a US Open tennis match and a football game because of a contract dispute with Spectrum Cable. Apparently they don’t give a damn about the viewers. Be careful of what you all wish for.

Reaction Score
I had YouTubeTV before we switched to Hulu Live. We switched for 2 reasons:
1. YouTubeTV dropped the ESPN channels during the WBB season, and
2. Hulu Live offered the Disney+, and ESPN+ add ons.
Here's the rub...when ESPN returned, I wanted to switch back to YouTubeTV because I liked their program guide better and their DVR option. My wife preferred staying with Hulu Live due to their catalog of on demand tv shows. We have Hulu Live. :) They also finally matched YouTubeTV's DVR capabilities.
So to answer your question, I think YouTubeTV is a good choice.
We have tried them all and we landed with Youtube tv. I personally like the Fubo for the sports but my wife liked the Youtube and to me it was also very good. We have been on a couple years now and they are constantly upgrading their system and we have never experienced any buffering issues, they have unlimited DVR and pretty much all the channels we watch. Being outside the SNY are we never did get that channel so I have always just watched on Youtube. Of all the streaming service the one I liked the least was Hulu and it was because of the ads. I paid to remove them and they were still in everything including the DVR shows and you couldn't FF thru them.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
We have tried them all and we landed with Youtube tv. I personally like the Fubo for the sports but my wife liked the Youtube and to me it was also very good. We have been on a couple years now and they are constantly upgrading their system and we have never experienced any buffering issues, they have unlimited DVR and pretty much all the channels we watch. Being outside the SNY are we never did get that channel so I have always just watched on Youtube. Of all the streaming service the one I liked the least was Hulu and it was because of the ads. I paid to remove them and they were still in everything including the DVR shows and you couldn't FF thru them.
Yeah, I haven't figured that out yet. Some shows I have recorded allow me to FF through the ads and other recorded shows do not.

Reaction Score
I think that whoever it is that carries the UConn Women's basketball games will have the same agreement that FOX Sports will be able to carry it on their app for wider broadcasting. FOX is the one that has rights to Big East games and I believe that they will continue to include it like they have the last year. I wish that CBS Sports wouldn't carry the Senior night game and let SNY or whoever it will be televise, so UConn fans can watch it.
Is that only if you are NOT in SNY area? I have YouTube TV. When I watch the Fox Sports app, I have to log in with my YYTV credentials. I am trying out a new Streaming service for a month. Cue Streaming. It has lots of sports channels including SNY, YES, NESN, MSG and the Bally networks. So far it is working. But since it is a very new service there are a lot of growing pains. I will keep it for the month. I may pause YTTV if Cue works out the bugs.
A major drawback for me is it can only be loaded on an Amazon Fire Stick… not impressed with the fire stick. Especially since I have both Apple TV & Roku Ultra as my primary devices. We shall see. ‍ I am Ct. Local.

Reaction Score
Sometimes the Varsity App is a lifesaver.
I really like the radio broadcast crew, and they cover every game.
I'll most likely switch to HULU, but not until the season starts.

+1

TV has turned to mostly scripted talking points written by unimaginative people and intended to appeal to casual viewers.

I synch up the audio to the muted video stream. It's easy to do using the pause buttons. I love it. Bob Joyce stays focused on the game. All the wcbb video announcers turn the game into a talk show where anything related to wcbb is discussed over the game. They tell us how exciting wcbb is and then they ignore what's happening on the court for a good part of the game. Listening to Joyce while watching means I know every substitution for both teams and I know what every whistle was for and who committed the fouls. It's especially useful in identifying the individuals on the other team.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that that is exactly why UConn has CBSS carry it. They want a full Gampel for senior night and the last home game usually has no bearing on the post season and many season ticket holders might decide to stay home and watch it on TV.

Reaction Score
+1

TV has turned to mostly scripted talking points written by unimaginative people and intended to appeal to casual viewers.

I synch up the audio to the muted video stream. It's easy to do using the pause buttons. I love it. Bob Joyce stays focused on the game. All the wcbb video announcers turn the game into a talk show where anything related to wcbb is discussed over the game. They tell us how exciting wcbb is and then they ignore what's happening on the court for a good part of the game. Listening to Joyce while watching means I know every substitution for both teams and I know what every whistle was for and who committed the fouls. It's especially useful in identifying the individuals on the other team.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that that is exactly why UConn has CBSS carry it. They want a full Gampel for senior night and the last home game usually has no bearing on the post season and many season ticket holders might decide to stay home and watch it on TV.
Fubo's channel lineup includes SNY. Youtube TV does not include SNY, Hulu only has SNY in cetain "viewing areas" which apparently do not include Hartford, CT. Fox Sports would provide the games but is only available for cable subscribers.

Reaction Score
Fubo's channel lineup includes SNY. Youtube TV does not include SNY, Hulu only has SNY in cetain "viewing areas" which apparently do not include Hartford, CT. Fox Sports would provide the games but is only available for cable subscribers.
I have to amend that earlier post. Apparently Fubo only includes SNY in certain areas, per this webpage: https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/ar...gional-Sports-Networks-are-available-on-Fubo-. So that means that there is apparently there is no way to get SNY on streaming anywhere in the country.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I switched to HuluTV a few weeks ago because they carry SNY. So far so good, and I live 10 miles from Hartford, so it should work for anyone in that area.

Reaction Score
So, I live in South Carolina and have YouTube tv. I always watch the UConn games on the fox sports app by logging on with my youtube tv credentials. That won’t work now?
That has been my strategy that couple seasons hope it works again.

Reaction Score
I switched to HuluTV a few weeks ago because they carry SNY. So far so good, and I live 10 miles from Hartford, so it should work for anyone in that area.
I switched to Hulu+Live TV too. They have SNY in my area. Bristol. I am also trying Fubo for 30 day trial. Thanks to a purchase at Best Buy. My opinion on each service: Hulu Live, functional, but you cannot do split or multi screen. So watching 2 or more games is out. Hulu only allows viewing on 2 screens or devices at once. Multi screens are extra. $9.99 I think. Sometimes during live TV, when it hits the hour or half hour, there is a slight pause.
Disney+ and ESPN+ are thrown in to justify the price increase. Hulu + Live TV is the TV provider. So you can watch ESPN+.
Fubo: More sports channels, in my area, NESN, MSG, SNY, NFL, NBA. Multi Screen and Split screen. You can add to it up to 4 separate channels. Up to 10 screens in your home. No extra fee for that. The Cons: No Turner Networks; Tbs, TNT, Tru, so you won’t be able to watch some of the NBA, or NHL. That will hurt March Madness. There is also a sports fee because of the sports network. So right now it is for my package, PRO with Extra Sports pack, Sports fee ($14.00) for a total of $108.00 a month.
Hulu Live TV $77. + tax. I personally like the functionality of Fubo. But, not to loss of the Turner networks. I also like the ability to arrange my channel line up. Hulu doesnt have that.
It’s really too bad You Tube TV dropped SNY. Because I liked that the best of the 3.
I hope UConn works something out with another network. As usual we fans are getting screwed. We are trying to watch our UConn WBB without breaking our bank account.
CUE Streaming didn’t work out for us.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I have to amend that earlier post. Apparently Fubo only includes SNY in certain areas, per this webpage: https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/ar...gional-Sports-Networks-are-available-on-Fubo-. So that means that there is apparently there is no way to get SNY on streaming anywhere in the country.
If anyone has 1) streaming capability, 2) a TV provider that includes the local Fox affiliate and FS1, then they can stream the SNY UConn WBB game broadcasts via the Fox Sports app.
I realize that this is a semantics thing but I have been streaming the SNY game broadcasts ever since they became available via the Fox Sports app. I do not live in the SNY market area.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In order to help people with the tech involved with getting the games, let’s have one thread, the one tacked to the top of the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom