Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
What's your strategy for next season?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Check in here or one of the other threads which will proliferate and review the options (hopefully optionS) my more diligent bretheren sleuth out.

Adesmar123

Reaction Score
Check in here or one of the other threads which will proliferate and review the options (hopefully optionS) my more diligent bretheren sleuth out.
I understand. But in this industry, going back to older posts is like trying to plan next week's picnic with last months weather forecast.

Reaction Score
Currently I'm in a pause phase of my account for YouTube TV. I cancel/pause till Oct once season gets ready to begin again. Since then SNY no longer an option on YouTube TV.

My plan for Oct will be to try FUBO TV, since they currently carry SNY. Hopefully FUBO's interface and video quality is ok with no bufferring issues. Have been told by friend buffering was an issue for him and he cancelled it. In the event I'm not happy with FUBO TV will go back to YouTube TV. Will have to watch the UConn games on the FoxSports App like others.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What's your strategy for next season?
Hulu + live tv. It has all the UConn channels (FS 1, FS 2, Fox, SNY, ESPN1, ESPN2, ESPNU, CBS SN) four $69.99 a month.

As a part of that package, you will also get ESPN +, Hulu and Disney+Not a bad deal. The interface is very intuitive and equivalent to a cable TV interface.

CL82

Reaction Score
Currently I'm in a pause phase of my account for YouTube TV. I cancel/pause till Oct once season gets ready to begin again. Since then SNY no longer an option on YouTube TV.
FYI, I had my YouTube TV paused until August, the start of the football season. I switched over to Hulu live, but did not terminate my YouTube TV. They sent me an email telling me it had restarted and I immediately canceled. It looks like they are still going to charge me for a months worth of usage. I tried to reach out to them but there appears to be no way to effectively do it.

So, if you know you're going to switch over to Hulu live I would logon and cancel your YouTube now.

CL82

Reaction Score

My plan for Oct will be to try FUBO TV, since they currently carry SNY. Hopefully FUBO's interface and video quality is ok with no bufferring issues. Have been told by friend buffering was an issue for him and he cancelled it. In the event I'm not happy with FUBO TV will go back to YouTube TV. Will have to watch the UConn games on the FoxSports App like others.
Will the fox app still work for you now that your cable TV provider no longer has a contract with SNY?

Reaction Score
The Fox app should work as long as you subscribe to something that has Fox or FX!/2. I now pay a bit more(82.99) to get disney+ and Live TV with no additional ads as this drove me crazy when I used this before. Be careful to read everything on Fubo because they have a hidden broadcast fee that takes their total to almost $100.

Reaction Score
So, I live in South Carolina and have YouTube tv. I always watch the UConn games on the fox sports app by logging on with my youtube tv credentials. That won’t work now?

Reaction Score
Will the fox app still work for you now that your cable TV provider no longer has a contract with SNY?
I'm assuming I can watch the games on the FoxSports App, just because all Boneyarders outside the SNY Tri-State area cannot get SNY to begin with but they are watching the games on the FoxSports App...as @Zinethar and @Urshurak and others have verified.

As I mentioned in my first post, initially I will go with FUBO TV, if I'm happy with it I will stay with them...if not then I'll switch back to YouTube TV.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'm assuming I can watch the games on the FoxSports App, just because all Boneyarders outside the SNY Tri-State area cannot get SNY to begin with but they are watching the games on the FoxSports App...as @Zinethar and @Urshurak and others have verified.

As I mentioned in my first post, initially I will go with FUBO TV, if I'm happy with it I will stay with them...if not then I'll switch back to YouTube TV.
Be sure to post and let us know how it works out for you.

Reaction Score
So, I live in South Carolina and have YouTube tv. I always watch the UConn games on the fox sports app by logging on with my youtube tv credentials. That won’t work now?
I'm pretty sure you're status does not change, you will still watch the games on the FoxSports App....Disclaimer, keep your fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The Fox app should work as long as you subscribe to something that has Fox or FX!/2. I now pay a bit more(82.99) to get disney+ and Live TV with no additional ads as this drove me crazy when I used this before. Be careful to read everything on Fubo because they have a hidden broadcast fee that takes their total to almost $100.
I will do that, thanks for heads up.

Adesmar123

Reaction Score
I will do that, thanks for heads up.
Yup, I enrolled in FUBU and was ready to activate until I saw the full monthly bill with all add ones. It was actually more than YouTube TV.

Does Ucon basketball have a page that shows all televised games and who is carrying them?

Reaction Score
Yup, I enrolled in FUBU and was ready to activate until I saw the full monthly bill with all add ones. It was actually more than YouTube TV.

Does Ucon basketball have a page that shows all televised games and who is carrying them?
I believe the official schedule comes out sometimes in middle of Sept. If it's anything like last years it will show all carriers/channels broadcasting games (ie SNY, FS1, CBSSports, ABC, ESPN etc).

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And for us streaming challenged people, I believe in order to receive SNY via YouTube TV and Hulu Live, you have to "live" in the SNY viewing area. Now it appears that YouTube TV may have dropped SNY as a channel (in the SNY viewing area????).
So, for us streamers NOT in the SNY viewing area, we can use the FoxSports app to stream the SNY games as long as your tv provider carries the Fox, FS1 and FS2 channels.
I have the FoxSports app installed on my Xbox S, Roku, Firestick and cell phone. I don't believe I have yet to miss a SNY telecast.
I know absolutely nothing about how FUBO works or what it costs.
There was a time that DirecTV (satellite) offered a add on sports package that included SNY. No idea if the same is offered in their streaming service.

Reaction Score
And for us streaming challenged people, I believe in order to receive SNY via YouTube TV and Hulu Live, you have to "live" in the SNY viewing area. Now it appears that YouTube TV may have dropped SNY as a channel (in the SNY viewing area????).
So, for us streamers NOT in the SNY viewing area, we can use the FoxSports app to stream the SNY games as long as your tv provider carries the Fox, FS1 and FS2 channels.
I have the FoxSports app installed on my Xbox S, Roku, Firestick and cell phone. I don't believe I have yet to miss a SNY telecast.
I know absolutely nothing about how FUBO works or what it costs.
There was a time that DirecTV (satellite) offered a add on sports package that included SNY. No idea if the same is offered in their streaming service.
This sounds right. A few games are shown on CBS/NBC Sports every year as well. Having FS1&2 on some website has been the prerequisite for accessing the Fox games. The early tournaments may not be available on the usual channels, but you can find them somewhere, perhaps at a small abbreviated cost (Fubo, Peacock, etc.).
Every year the same panic button gets pushed by folks worried that they may miss a game along the way. As you say, somehow we manage to see most everything. Those who do not certainly have the sympathy of those who do. You are in our prayers.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I still have YouTubeTV and after investigating I will cancel and go with Hulu+LiveTV. I have been hoping that YouTube would decide to go again with SNY but I guess that's a pipe dream. I will do that in early October so I can get used to it. I plan to keep regular YouTube because of all the reruns of games and interviews. I don't know how much that will cost, but just have to do it.

Reaction Score
I'm going to wait until mid-October before I find a replacement for YoutubeTV. A lot can change between then and now. SNY may be added or deleted from other streaming services. If I have to switch I only want to do it once.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Can I just jump in and ask - apart from SNY - anything especially good or bad about YouTube TV?

We are new subscribers because that's where NFL Sunday Ticket will be. And we are still fans of the NY Giants (and truthfully, enjoy watching football). We still have DirecTV, but are planning on dropping it once we are "up to speed" on You Tube. We had Sling for the PAC network, but dropped it as it didn't offer much else we needed.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Can I just jump in and ask - apart from SNY - anything especially good or bad about YouTube TV?

We are new subscribers because that's where NFL Sunday Ticket will be. And we are still fans of the NY Giants (and truthfully, enjoy watching football). We still have DirecTV, but are planning on dropping it once we are "up to speed" on You Tube. We had Sling for the PAC network, but dropped it as it didn't offer much else we needed.
I had YouTubeTV before we switched to Hulu Live. We switched for 2 reasons:
1. YouTubeTV dropped the ESPN channels during the WBB season, and
2. Hulu Live offered the Disney+, and ESPN+ add ons.
Here's the rub...when ESPN returned, I wanted to switch back to YouTubeTV because I liked their program guide better and their DVR option. My wife preferred staying with Hulu Live due to their catalog of on demand tv shows. We have Hulu Live. :) They also finally matched YouTubeTV's DVR capabilities.
So to answer your question, I think YouTubeTV is a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom