For the record, my dream scenario is that FSU takes its ball and heads to the Big 12 | The Boneyard

For the record, my dream scenario is that FSU takes its ball and heads to the Big 12

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
My dream scenario is UConn goes the to B12 and wins another double in MBB and WBB, and makes college World Series. Then the ACC gets raided and BC, Cuse, Vile, and Pitt have no where to go.
While I would not be mad at that, UConn belongs back in a league with those teams. The ACC would be an incredibly fun home for hoops, and football we be best supported playing Syracuse, BC, Pitt, and WVU again, like the old days.

ETA: baseball is better in the ACC too

Reaction Score
While I would not be mad at that, UConn belongs back in a league with those teams. The ACC would be an incredibly fun home for hoops, and football we be best supported playing Syracuse, BC, Pitt, and WVU again, like the old days.

The ACC is dead when FSU and Clemson leave. Did you not see what happened to the PAC12?

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
The ACC is dead when FSU and Clemson leave. Did you not see what happened to the PAC12?
I'm not sure Clemson is going to be invited anywhere. The ACC will survive and be fine. It will still have very good football schools and be the best basketball conference in the country.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Ideally UConn seems like a better fit in the ACC but they don’t seem to desire UConn for some reason. Some of the Big 12 desires UConn for some reason. It’s like dating. Go where you are desired, otherwise it’s a waste of time.
I agree with that. Just stating what would be the preference. Going out to Arizona or Stanford is gonna be hell on everything but football. Can't believe the ACC took freakin SMU.

Reaction Score

WVU is in the Big 12, and that's unlikely to change unless it blows up. And I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts that, if UConn somehow wound up in the ACC, the Big 12 would eventually make a play for a couple of northeastern schools we value as regional rivals, and we might miss the boat depending on which way the wind was blowing at the time. We'd need a bunch of things to go right for the ACC to wind up where you hope it would (though, if it did, that would indeed be a great place for UConn sports). And if it went wrong, we could find ourselves left behind in an AAC-type conference with Wake Forest, maybe BC and/or Syracuse, and a bunch of directional schools.

Plus, the Big 12 wants UConn now, and the ACC doesn't. I'm tired of waiting around for those fading flowers to see our present and future value. If we take the Big 12 invite, we at least have some control over the situation instead of pacing back and forth in the waiting room that is independent FBS status.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Clemson is going to be invited anywhere. The ACC will survive and be fine. It will still have very good football schools and be the best basketball conference in the country.
Did you just wake up from a 5 year coma? The acc is the worst of the P5 bball conferences.

PS thank you for starting a whole new thread about this.

Reaction Score
Allowing UConn to get an ACC bid. That is the perfect home for the Huskies.
It was the perfect home but the ACC has made all the wrong moves. If FSU wanted to go to the Big 12 Clemson and a few others would be right behind them. Best case is the ACC Penitentiary stays locked down until after UConn gets the call.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Did you just wake up from a 5 year coma? The acc is the worst of the P5 bball conferences.

PS thank you for starting a whole new thread about this.
You're welcome. Appreciate your participation.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Florida State is not going anywhere. They program isn't that good anymore, it is not clear which of the P2 would actually want them, and if they were leaving and the ACC was about to blow up, the Big 12 wouldn't be talking to us.

Reaction Score
Florida State is not going anywhere. They program isn't that good anymore, it is not clear which of the P2 would actually want them, and if they were leaving and the ACC was about to blow up, the Big 12 wouldn't be talking to us.
What about UNC and UVA to the BIG?

Reaction Score
It was the perfect home but the ACC has made all the wrong moves. If FSU wanted to go to the Big 12 Clemson and a few others would be right behind them. Best case is the ACC Penitentiary stays locked down until after UConn gets the call.

Bold prediction ( in regards to that ) from CBS's

• Dennis Dodd: In February, ESPN will exercise its option not to extend the ACC contract beyond 2027. Florida State -- having played the long game -- will have its out and be able to put itself on the market. FSU will do so at a much reduced rate to get out of the grant of rights since it will only have three years to run. Don't ask me where FSU goes, but if it is as free agent beginning in 2028, there will be Power Four interest. Basically, the next round of major realignment begins less than a month after the 2025 championship game. Buckle up.

Reaction Score
SEC might want UNC and UVa.
B10 might want UNC, UVa, FSU, Duke, GaTech
B12 might want everyone else with Clemson, FSU most appealing (assuming UNC, UVa and Duke go elsewhere). I am not sure there is any value/interest in BC/Wake etc

Reaction Score
Ideally UConn seems like a better fit in the ACC but they don’t seem to desire UConn for some reason. Some of the Big 12 desires UConn for some reason. It’s like dating. Go where you are desired, otherwise it’s a waste of time.
I think part of this is also the B12 basically boxing in the ACC. With UConn off the board, where does the ACC go for a replacement if FSU or Clemson leave?

I’ve always said we are the perfect match for the ACC but they keep going in a different direction thinking we will be there when they need us. Looks like they might have waited too long.

Reaction Score
Allowing UConn to get an ACC bid. That is the perfect home for the Huskies.

That would be a disaster. The ACC is dead man walking.

The Big 12 is the third best football conference and if UConn gets an invite, the 12 would be the best basketball conference.

In 2027, the ACC contract will not be renewed by ESPN. Hopefully FSU and Clemson will have moved on by then.

Right now the ACC schools are trying to figure where they'll land. UNC, VA, Miami, FSU and Clemson will all be gone.

Why on erf would anyone want to be part of a watered down ACC when you can have a seat at the big boys table?

I think we get the Big 12 invite and you should be very happy if that happens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom