For Natalie Butler fans | Page 4 | The Boneyard

For Natalie Butler fans

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
George Mason coach Milleson is reaping the fruits of Geno's labor. The things that Butler is doing, the honed skills and mindset she brings into a game, the player she has become, are ALL by-products of her spending 3 years at UConn under Geno. Milleson knows that.

Nothing truer than this. I'd only add that, besides honing her basketball skills under Geno and his coaching staff, Butler's body also benefited tremendously from the training and conditioning regime at UCONN. The UCONN program is all about developing a player both physically and mentally to go along with her skill set.

Imagine the kind of individual offensive or defensive records that would have been set by KLS, Pheesa, Gabby, or Kia had any of them transferred to another school after spending 2 years at UCONN. It is somewhat mind-boggling.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
One of the biggest mistakes a fan can make, is assuming that coaches know what they are suppose to know, and what they are doing. Remember, They ALL passed on Tom Brady 5 times during the 2000 NFL draft. They ALL passed on Russell Wilson twice in 2012, as they did with Joe Montana in 1979 (both 3rd round picks). Some coaches can see latent potential talent in a player better than others.

Jerry West was/is very good at evaluating talent. He traded for Kobe Bryant (Charlotte) right after the draft. Look how that worked out. They all knew about Butler, but I doubt any of them took the time to look at her play (film) during her time at UConn, or talk to any of Geno's staff. They simply went by what they saw and remembered from seeing her on TV during her time at UConn, which was certainly not indicative or suggestive of the potential she had, or the stats she's producing.

George Mason coach Milleson is reaping the fruits of Geno's labor. The things that Butler is doing, the honed skills and mindset she brings into a game, the player she has become, are ALL by-products of her spending 3 years at UConn under Geno. Milleson knows that.
Not ALL. She had SOME before she got to UCONN.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not ALL. She had SOME before she got to UCONN.

Yes, of course she did, and so did Stevens. But look at the player she is now, versus the player she was a Duke. BIG difference.

My point being that regardless of what she had upon her arrival in Storrs, she left a much better player and was a more complete player than when she arrived. She was taught and expected to do things at UConn she was never asked to do at GT. She'll also be more attractive (I'm not suggesting that she will get drafted, or make a roster) to professional basketball teams now, than she may have been had she stayed at Georgetown.

Reaction Score
29th straight double double to end the season. Too bad she just missed it in her first game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I've been watching basketball a long time. I've never seen a 43 point run before. We may never see another one in our lifetimes. This game went as expected. Everyone played, and no one was injured. A good day and a good week for UConn.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I've been watching basketball a long time. I've never seen a 43 point run before. We may never see another one in our lifetimes. This game went as expected. Everyone played, and no one was injured. A good day and a good week for UConn.
And this is related to Natalie Butler, how?
But I agree with you about the SMU game tonight...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom