For everyone who wanted Chong to not start | The Boneyard

For everyone who wanted Chong to not start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3-5, 10 points, 5 assists, 0 TOs

UConn needs Chong, no more so than on a night like tonight. Dropping her from the start lineup does nothing for her confidence.

And as CD showed, she's a frosh. She will have her moments, like tonight, when she's not fully there.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

UConn needs Chong, no more so than on a night like tonight. Dropping her from the start lineup does nothing for her confidence.

And as CD showed, she's a frosh. She will have her moments, like tonight, when she's not fully there.
That's why I'm glad Geno is coaching and not the Boneyard. Having one or two great games doesn't mean a freshman should start over a senior.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Chong is a LEGEND!
AR-161119663.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Reaction Score
Saniya has earned her starting spot and tonight should be enough to hush the rumblings of "maybe Crystal Dangerfield should start over her." Saniya was HUGE for us tonight, and she's been big for us a lot this season. My guess is she continues to be big for us going forward as well.

Reaction Score
She was very big and a key ingredient for the win. Interesting that she shies away from shooting 3s, maybe in conference play she will get more of a green light. But winning is the key and we have 4 defined scorers on the floor at all times. Seems UCONN plays the percentages with KLS, Phees, Gabby, and Kia. It's working great.

Glad Saniya accepts her role, and tonight it produced a big win for UConn - everyone can see that.

Reaction Score

32 minutes

Reaction Score

Not to worry---Geno has this one. Danger did Geno proud tonight---she was a Frosh --she will be great and not. But her upside is so high--can she be kept seated??
Do you, knowing Geno's loyalty quotient, really thing Geno would sit his SENIOR in favor of the Frosh? He will mix and match as the opponent dictate!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Huh....vowelguy, you're not going to get any arguments about that comment tonight. Chong was an integral part of tonight's win. All of the posts and comments I've read here tonight were very positive in reference to Chong and her performance. She stepped up BIG time tonight!!!!!

Reaction Score
Really thrilled for Saniya. Absolutely solid game. Nifty drives to the basket, just recovered from a concussion and didn't hesitate to take a really hard charge in the lane, and then pulls out the Terrapin Dagger one more time.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Dare I say that Saniya played a solid game tonight? :). Nothing flashy, just playing solid defense, hitting open shots (Maryland sagged off of her), and taking care of the ball. Just what we need from her.

A lot more than solid. :D Beyond her shooting, she made a few really tough nosed drives. I hope this game brings Saniya's game and confidence to a high level and she becomes our starter. Let Crystal Dangerfield come off the bench and learn and make her hungrier

Reaction Score
Chong understands the defensive rotations much more fully and, even more important, is tall and quick enough to enable the team to switch on anybody. Hopefully, some defensive guru is going to buy these game tapes and use them to teach a whole generation of young players what playing team defense really entails.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I agree 100%. I was always one who said Crystal Dangerfield was going to have early troubles and be a more significant contributor as the regular season ends. But to be fair to Crystal Dangerfield, her immediate lack of energy and intensity today said to me she was part of the sick brigade. Lou was able to spirit pull Michael Jordan (remember his flu against the Knicks?), and Crystal Dangerfield just looked unable to handle it. I'm also convinced Pheesa was under the weather as well. I too have had the flu since Sunday and really just ate a full meal today. I still have a fever. I'm ashamed to say I'm a wimp compared to Lou and these young ladies.

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Gee, just a day ago I was reading how Saniya was a detriment to the team because of her conservative passes -- and Oh yeah, her 5:1 A:TO ratio was a negative.:rolleyes:

Better yet was the Boneyard Coach who wanted Bent playing big minutes vs. Maryland.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom