Football Season Tickets "On Par" With Previous Seasons? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Football Season Tickets "On Par" With Previous Seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not happy with the numbers but this is a rebuilding job. The team has got the energy now we just need to transfer it to the fanbase.

Reaction Score
The thing about the Michigan bump is we can now point to the fact we sell more tickets when we have a better schedule.

If Michigan is worth 3,000 season tickets, what are Michigan, OSU, Penn St, and the return of Rutgers worth? 5-10k? I think so.

So when people wring their hands over our season ticket sales, it's not necessary. We've sold out plenty of games, and with more stability, and big names, we'll have no problem selling 25-30,000 season tickets, and selling every game out.

If the B1G expects that BEFORE the invite, we'll never get it. They have to see the potential for growth at UConn, which isn't that hard of a sell.

Reaction Score
I was at a gas station in Ashford today and realised something. The worst people in the state are the fake rednecks from Ashford/Willington/Tolland and etc who do everything to try and pretend they're from Alabama or Louisiana EXCEPT support the state university in their background. There's about 60k people across 4 or so towns there that need to be introduced at the very least to the tailgate culture they'd love it. If you can buy a $60,000 truck with another few grand worth of mods on it you can buy football tickets.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I was at a gas station in Ashford today and realised something. The worst people in the state are the fake rednecks from Ashford/Willington/Tolland and etc who do everything to try and pretend they're from Alabama or Louisiana EXCEPT support the state university in their background. There's about 60k people across 4 or so towns there that need to be introduced at the very least to the tailgate culture they'd love it. If you can buy a $60,000 truck with another few grand worth of mods on it you can buy football tickets.

Someone needs to volunteer to roll down their windows of their pick-up truck, blast Kenny Chesney, drive through those towns and then lead a convoy of rednecks to the Rent for grilled meats, ice cold brews, country music and pigskin. Don't git much more 'Bama than that!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
In 2005 we sold over 30k season tickets and there were a handful of single game tickets left before we sold out the season. That was with a drastically different schedule from what was originally intended in the BE. Of course, that was also a product of a very large number of fans overpurchasing - we always had huge gaps of open seats in the stadium. I think a preseason top 25 squad with at least one decent OOC opponent should net 28-30k season tickets, even in the AAC. Year one of the Big or ACC - I guarantee that would result in the temp bleachers getting a home for the season.

Reaction Score

Difference is the non-college grads in the South feel welcome at their State U tailgate. If you ever listened to Feinbaum they act like they own the place. Not sure what the dynamic is here but if the team ever became "big-time" you wouldn't be able to find room on the bandwagon. Right now we're not good enough for them.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to volunteer to roll down their windows of their pick-up truck, blast Kenny Chesney, drive through those towns and then lead a convoy of rednecks to the Rent for grilled meats, ice cold brews, country music and pigskin. Don't git much more 'Bama than that!
I'm sure you're at least half kidding but it would have been genius of the school to promote at the country conert tailgates this summer. "Hey its what they do in the south!!"

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Honestly, the facts are we came off of 3 pathetic seasons, lost our conferences and still maintained the status quo basically shows their are about 22k die hard fans and your students out there as a baseline.

I know winning isn't the end all be all, but I don't see why after a couple good seasons even in the AAC we can't flirt with 30k again.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the facts are we came off of 3 pathetic seasons, lost our conferences and still maintained the status quo basically shows their are about 22k die hard fans and your students out there as a baseline.

I know winning isn't the end all be all, but I don't see why after a couple good seasons even in the AAC we can't flirt with 30k again.
The beautiful thing about the casual fan is they likely don't even get/realize how bad our conference situation is. They'll see "Huskies Win" when they open the Courant and buy tickets.

Reaction Score
UCONN needs to up it's game in Corporate ticket sales. Someone needs to pound the pavement calling on HR offices selling a combo of football and Bball packages. Companies could entertain clients and also give as performance incentives. There should never be an available sky box. UCONN football and basketball has great overall entertainment value. Simply have to sell it! I recently spoke to an HR director of a large corporation who told me they would love to get involved with UCONN. There is a point where marketing alone is ineffective and you just have to press the flesh!
Simply have to sell it? Who knew it was that easy!

Reaction Score
On a related note: From Des's article in the Courant-
"The school will make another push before the season starts at 42,000 seat Rentschler Field..."
Did the seating capacity change or do I see a typical Courant typo?

Reaction Score
Simply have to sell it? Who knew it was that easy!
Not inferring that it would be easy. Emphasis is on the solution as in "Just Do it" Having been engaged in B to B sales and marketing for almost 40 years, I have lived the basic 4 P's of Marketing: Product, Price, Promotion and Place or (Channels of Distribution) From what I have perceived about the current process coupled with the fact that most of my life, I have eaten what I have killed, I believe more effective target marketing to business's in CT would result in greater season ticket sales. In fact, with 40,000 seats, IMO, there should be a waiting list!

Reaction Score
"The school will make another push before the season starts at 42,000 seat Rentschler Field..."
Maybe that includes the temporary bleachers they can put in. It is also probably part of a new push to change the capacity perception. 42,000 is optically better than 40,000 and puts the rent on an equivalent basis with some of the P5 schools. Wasn't caapcity 38,500 when it opened?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Or maybe Dez inflated the number to make UConn look worse?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe that includes the temporary bleachers they can put in. It is also probably part of a new push to change the capacity perception. 42,000 is optically better than 40,000 and puts the rent on an equivalent basis with some of the P5 schools. Wasn't caapcity 38,500 when it opened?

It's still 38,500. They get to 40 by counting the ancillary people in consession stands and stuff like that.

Reaction Score
Capacity is 38,500 not counting luxury boxes...maybe now they are counting entire seating (stadium, club level AND luxury box seats) now in seating total..just like should have been done all along.

Reaction Score
I think we need to put season ticket sales in perspective.

From a Street and Smith article
College football attendance stabilized in 2013, but the overall average across FBS schools still was the second lowest since 2003.
All home, neutral-site and bowl games averaged 45,671 fans this past season, an increase of less than 1 percent over the average of 45,440 in 2012. Still, the slight uptick stopped the bleeding for college football, which has seen its attendance steadily decline since a plateau was reached in 2007.

That is sales, not season tix.

FSU has seen a multi-year decline in season tix sales and needed NC plus great home sched to create uptick this year. Kentucky is making their stadium SMALLER, to increase demand. WVU season tix sales are at 29K.

If we allot ~7K to students, we are at ~28K today, not counting individual and mini-plan sales. For a team that has fallen off the radar, having 30K plus every week is a good start. Win again, and we will trend directionally the right way in no time. He l l be entertaining again, and you'll increase demand significantly. We will be fine. And we will make the trend our friend just in time for the next round of realignment!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Are you sure about that?

Football: 38,066
Source: http://www.rentschlerfield.com/stadium_info.cfm

Book The Building

Connecticut’s newest stadium, Rentschler Field, is the perfect setting for your next concert, corporate function, conference, banquet or special event. With 40,000 seats, the stadium serves as the home field of UConn football, as well as a premier location for other sports and entertainment events. Rentschler Field, named for Pratt & Whitney aircraft founder Frederick Rentschler, is built on a former airfield donated by the company to the State of Connecticut.

The Club Level of the Tower and parking lots are available year-round for special event booking. Our caterer can create a menu for any taste or budget and enhance your event.

Seating Configurations & Capabilities

Football: 38,066
West End Stage: 34,000

Stadium Club

635 seats
325 seat function room with upholstered seats
38 Executive Suites with upholstered seats

Reaction Score
Are you sure about that?
I was told that by people with ties to UCONN. It may be wrong...who knows. I do know that UCONN has never sold out the luxury boxes since the Rent has been open...and that place was sold out numerous times with attendance being announced at 40,000 (Michigan game aside).

Reaction Score
For those beating their heads about our number, here's another point of reference

A program-record 30,721 season tickets have been sold by Rutgers – eclipsing the old mark of 30,500 set in 2009

That's right the BIG invite and an incredibly favorable home schedule bumped season tix up awhole 221 from their former high. Im thinking we push our numbers up by more than 221 when we got our invite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom