Football Season Tickets "On Par" With Previous Seasons? | The Boneyard

Football Season Tickets "On Par" With Previous Seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I called the UCONN ticket office this morning to buy and donate mini game plans to Military. On the phone, I asked the girl taking my order if she knew about season ticket numbers sold thus far and she said they're about on par for this time of year with previous seasons (around 20,000 sold?). I didn't talk to anyone who had access to the hard numbers and data.

She did say that they (UCONN ticket office) expect to see an uptick once the season gets closer and fans get to see/hear more of Diaco and the team.

Reaction Score
This may very well not count the student tickets, add that and you are somewhere around 25K. If it does not we do need an uptick in the next 30 days or so, but coming off such a poor season last year people need to be sold again. Show some life in the BYU game, which I believe will be a sell out, and watch them come. People just need a reason to believe.

Dooley

Reaction Score
This may very well not count the student tickets, add that and you are somewhere around 25K. If it does not we do need an uptick in the next 30 days or so, but coming off such a poor season last year people need to be sold again. Show some life in the BYU game, which I believe will be a sell out, and watch them come. People just need a reason to believe.

I think you're right. I just asked about season tickets, not student tickets. I'm guessing the total figure is around 25K right now. Really need to figure out a way to pump this number closer to or (better yet) over 30K. I know people are hesitant to buy tickets coming out of the Paul Pasqualoni era. I get it. But that is EXACTLY the reason to buy now. No more Pasqualoni! Our fanbase has been complaining about that guy for the past 3 years. Now that he's FINALLY gone, it's time to get back to supporting UCONN football. All of that excitement that we heard from UCONN fans at the time of Diaco's hire needs to come home to roost soon! Supporting football supports basketball (and every other athletic program) too.

Reaction Score
If 25K total by now is legit, I'm actually pretty happy. Holding serve and giving Diaco a chance is all we need. That means for the "big" games we should have 30-35K in the building even if we don't sell out. Given the circumstances not terrible.

Reaction Score
Dooley I'm not questioning your intel, but I think I'd trust GDL managing the OL more than I'd trust some part timer in the ticket office quoting season ticket sales.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Hey, I put my disclaimers in! Question mark in the thread title and I didn't talk to anyone with hard numbers data. But if the general feeling inside the ticket office is that we're on par with last year (Michigan game), then that's pretty good. Time to blast our attendance numbers through the Top of the Rent and restore our once proud home field advantage!

Reaction Score
Dooley I'm not questioning your intel, but I think I'd trust GDL managing the OL more than I'd trust some part timer in the ticket office quoting season ticket sales.

Take it a step further. Higher, Higher is aware that there will be random inquiries about season ticket numbers. Chances are the answers are "coached."

Why not, "We don't have that information?" Because perceived secrecy leads to, "UCONN Secrecy About Season Ticket Numbers Means They Suck" headlines.

Reaction Score
Hey, if you're loyal enough to buy season tickets the third season into the Pasqualoni Era, then you're loyal enough to buy them for a brand new coach who seems to have actual blood pumping though his cardiovascular system as well.

Reaction Score
Hey, if you're loyal enough to buy season tickets the third season into the Pasqualoni Era, then you're loyal enough to buy them for a brand new coach who seems to have actual blood pumping though his cardiovascular system as well.

True, and I guess we'll find out how big the Michigan bump really was.

Dooley

Reaction Score

Agreed. I could understand jumping off the ship last year entering year 3 of PP/GDL. But now that the wicked witch is dead, there should be excitement brewing! I'm just looking forward to watching a team that plays with energy again this year.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how much student tickets are? Season and/or individual games.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
25k would be a great number. Almost 2 months to go could bring another 2k. We're coming off the worst season in FBS history. The team needs to generate a little excitement on the field.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how much student tickets are? Season and/or individual games.
i bought mine for $56 in march but I think they raised the price by $20 after a certain date

Dooley

Reaction Score
^^^ That's awesome, dude! Very cool...

Even cooler: the ticket office agreed to honor the Military Appreciation ticket giveaway promotion despite my calling a day late! 4 games for the price of 3 for our Military.

Dooley

Reaction Score
25k would be a great number. Almost 2 months to go could bring another 2k. We're coming off the worst season in FBS history. The team needs to generate a little excitement on the field.

This is where our local media can really help to generate excitement. It's not hard to create excitement to go watch BYU. They have arguably the fastest offense in all of NCAAF. Only Oregon can run as quickly and efficiently. You pit their high octane offense against Bob Diaco's defense and you have one very compelling storyline. Hope for a sellout against BYU and the team plays with energy and the fans get to enjoy a good competitive game. The casual fan will skip Stony Brook but they just might come back for Boise, Temple and so on.

Reaction Score
i bought mine for $56 in march but I think they raised the price by $20 after a certain date
Thanks Drew, that's not a bad deal. My daughter goes to a school in the SEC and I bought her tickets last week for $38. The same price as it was last year.

Reaction Score
I'll be buying my season tix in the next week or so. It'll be my first time getting them (money is always tight.) But Diaco has me so pumped and it feels great to support the program so I couldn't care less about money being tight

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is literally no way they have sold 20k season tickets without counting the students.

Really it would be nice but it's just not possible.

Rereading Dooley's original post he actually just guesses at what 'on par' might be. Nevermind, people ignored his '?'. Then later ignored the fact he was just guessing.

They sold 23,500 counting the students with Michigan on the schedule. If they get to 23,500 again that is a pretty solid result. 25,000 would be an incredibly positive result.

Last edited:

Dooley

Reaction Score
There is literally no way they have sold 20k season tickets without counting the students.

Really it would be nice but it's just not possible.

Rereading Dooley's original post he actually just guesses at what 'on par' might be. Nevermind, people ignored his '?'. Then later ignored the fact he was just guessing.

They sold 23,500 counting the students with Michigan on the schedule. If they get to 23,500 again that is a pretty solid result. 25,000 would be an incredibly positive result.

The 20,000 number is what the girl on the phone came up with. I'm not sure if that number includes students or not. But she said that this year's sales were about the same as last year's sales and that they were around 20,000.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I'll be buying my season tix in the next week or so. It'll be my first time getting them (money is always tight.) But Diaco has me so pumped and it feels great to support the program so I couldn't care less about money being tight

Sweet! I think you will have a good time at the games. Honestly, it's one of the better entertainment options out there for the cost. If you can commit to a full day of tailgating and a game, that's 8 hours of good eating, good drinking and America's favorite sport. Can't get any better than that, eh? Welcome aboard!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The 20,000 number is what the girl on the phone came up with. I'm not sure if that number includes students or not. But she said that this year's sales were about the same as last year's sales and that they were around 20,000.

Well last year they sold 23,500 including the students... so do you think her 20k estimate in July includes students?

Reaction Score
Sweet! I think you will have a good time at the games. Honestly, it's one of the better entertainment options out there for the cost. If you can commit to a full day of tailgating and a game, that's 8 hours of good eating, good drinking and America's favorite sport. Can't get any better than that, eh? Welcome aboard!

Soccer would be more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek