Football Renewals Begin Wednesday... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Football Renewals Begin Wednesday...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Two bowl teams on the home schedule.

Oh stop - people around here dont even know what a bowl game is. And they certainly arent looking at the schedule pondering last year's bowl story.

PS - cant believe our trophy game against UCF is on the road this year.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Are you k.u.c.f.ing kidding me?

So much for HC in waiting. How much more is Edsall going to have to give up to get a quality OC in here?

Got another call from a 486 exchange. I'm happy I let it go to VM, which they did not leave. UConn is making it really tough to follow them.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Like the Mets 7 line crew- maybe we need a Boneyard corner. Like one of those upper corners with the $90.
I've watched a game from close to there. They're fine. There really isn't a bad seat in the Rent.

Reaction Score
I put the over/under for season tickets at 7000. If the new President sits down with AD Dave and has a plan, i'd be confident at over 7000. If not then under 7000. This is the first year in 8 years I have not gotten a phone call from Uconn athletics. Not a good sign.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't understand how someone can be a big enough fan to be a regular on the Yard yet have a need to be filleted (sp) before buying season tickets.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I don't understand how someone can be a big enough fan to be a regular on the Yard yet have a need to be filleted (sp) before buying season tickets.

Everyone has a different breaking point.

Husky25

Reaction Score

A Boneyard account is free. For the first time in nine seasons I personally would like something of value for the near cool G I drop on three tickets & parking passes.

Being f.e.l.l.a.t.e.d. before the purchase (even if it's just figurative) would be a whole lot more enjoyable than paying money to get "filleted."

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
A Boneyard account is free. For the first time in nine seasons I personally would like something of value for the near cool G I drop on three tickets & parking passes.

Being filleted before the purchase (even if it's just figurative) would be a whole lot more enjoyable than paying money to get "filleted."

Don't forget all the fees! And having to pay for the parking! And not knowing the kickoff times for half the games until a week out!

UConn doesn't control a lot of what I listed, but that stuff adds up. It grates on people.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Don't forget all the fees! And having to pay for the parking! And not knowing the kickoff times for half the games until a week out!

UConn doesn't control a lot of what I listed, but that stuff adds up. It grates on people.

The kickoff times don't really bother me. I assume it's a 12:00 kickoff and block off the entire day in my personal, as well as our shared family, calendar. A 3:30 or 7:00 start is gravy. It means I can probably catch my son's soccer game without getting an earful or sideways glance or mow half the law before tailgating.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Got another call from a 486 exchange. I'm happy I let it go to VM, which they did not leave. UConn is making it really tough to follow them.

FWIW, I just got a call from the 486 and I asked them to please leave a message on VM for those who don't pick up.

Husky25

Reaction Score
FWIW, I just got a call from the 486 and I asked them to please leave a message on VM for those who don't pick up.
Probably not worth it for them if they are just going to call back the next night. It's a waste of time. On to the next target. Just like in Pursuit of Happyness.

Reaction Score
welp, still no email or phone call for my renewal. they must really not want my money

My wife said I got a phone call Monday morning from my new "personal services rep" while I was @ work (this must be my third/fourth rep since they started the program in 2016). When she said I wasn't home - he asked if she went to the games as well... when she said once every blue moon - he quickly said he would call back @ another time. He did not leave a name...

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I put the over/under for season tickets at 7000. If the new President sits down with AD Dave and has a plan, i'd be confident at over 7000. If not then under 7000. This is the first year in 8 years I have not gotten a phone call from Uconn athletics. Not a good sign.

I predict it will be around 5k

Reaction Score
My wife said I got a phone call Monday morning from my new "personal services rep" while I was @ work (this must be my third/fourth rep since they started the program in 2016). When she said I wasn't home - he asked if she went to the games as well... when she said once every blue moon - he quickly said he would call back @ another time. He did not leave a name...

Hell of a personal services rep - "I'm here for you should you need anything, don't worry about my name, just give me the cc# now"

Reaction Score
We must have the same reps. Ours called Friday without saying his name too.

We had a discussion about UConn football and he was really upset when we told him we probably weren't renewing. Gave us a little attitude too. Not the best way to sell tickets.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My window to swap/upgrade my football seats is thursday morning. Did some browsing today..I'd say we are not far behind last year on season tickets based on an unscientific review of the dots on the seat map. I can't say if we are 10 or 20% behind....but its not 50% behind last year.

Reaction Score
Our group from section 117 slowly shrank from 15 to 5 last year to just me this year. I tried talking the ticket dept into selling me one ticket in the same section with no point payment as a loyalty show of faith but they wouldn’t hear it. I got one seat in 136 for $125 less and will be thrown into the ticket loyalty upgrade program. I’m probably an idiot for getting one solo ticket but am staying the course. Also allows for getting a ton of stuff done around the house before taking the 15 minute drive prior to the game to the field each game.

Reaction Score
plenty of people have done stuff like this forever.

i used to have 5 extra season tickets I just gave away to people.

you can’t give them away anymore.

the fans can’t fix this mess. either win or don’t win but everyone can stop blaming the fans.

down 57-7 with a quarter to debut a new quarterback Uconn ran the clock out throwing 3 short passes. god forbid they try to score or give anyone a glimpse at a player who might be good someday.

turtle ball isn’t a big draw.
I agree. It was handoff city when the new QB came into the game late in the 3rd quarter. No tempo, vanilla offense and nothing to wet the fans appetite for this season. Not a good way to put fans in the stands.

Reaction Score
still. no. call. or. email. or. anything.

im petty.. but I really don't feel like making the first move :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom