Football Renewals Begin Wednesday... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Football Renewals Begin Wednesday...

Reaction Score
To be clear, I'll be there this coming year with my son the same way that we've always been there.

The question is whether or not I do it as a season ticket holder. It's clear that there are much cheaper options with which to get tickets. The AD has to figure this out at some point and then "fix the glitch"...
that's what I'm saying - I'll still come to as many games as my schedule allows (it's tough with the kid's sports) but I'm thinking that doing it outside of the season ticket package now makes more sense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, someone has to make the sacrifice I suppose. The team, I’m sure, is working out very hard right now preparing for the season.
You and the other 9k that show up have somehow figured out how to come to games despite having nothing to cheer for. My point is if 31k others understood and conducted themselves like you, we would be more competitive in games. If you can do it then why not the next man/woman?
Of course it’s personal/financial choice here but the rebuild could certainly happen a lot quicker.

they aren’t mentally ill

Reaction Score
To be clear, I'll be there this coming year with my son the same way that we've always been there.

The question is whether or not I do it as a season ticket holder. It's clear that there are much cheaper options with which to get tickets. The AD has to figure this out at some point and then "fix the glitch"...
I can certainly understand wanting to save money on an inferior product. By all means. That’s what you should do. Financial martyrdom for the program shouldn’t be part of deal as a fan.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
No season tix. We will pick and choose our spots and get better seats for less money. And if weather isn’t perfect or we have something else going on we just won’t go and life will go on.

Sucks that we are here after 15 whatever years as season ticket holders but I tried the irrational confidence route last year (even upgraded/donated for our seats like a dummy) and that ain’t gonna fly again this year.

Reaction Score
plenty of people have done stuff like this forever.

i used to have 5 extra season tickets I just gave away to people.

you can’t give them away anymore.

the fans can’t fix this mess. either win or don’t win but everyone can stop blaming the fans.

down 57-7 with a quarter to debut a new quarterback Uconn ran the clock out throwing 3 short passes. god forbid they try to score or give anyone a glimpse at a player who might be good someday.

turtle ball isn’t a big draw.
Blows. Your not going see anybody throw until the Wagner game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm still getting season tickets. I just hope they don't conflict with too many Hartford Athletic games.

Reaction Score
I'm still getting season tickets. I just hope they don't conflict with too many Hartford Athletic games.
speaking of alternative events, are they not allowed to hold concerts at The Rent anymore? Been quite a while since the last one I think.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Kidding, right? Please.
If you follow Communist Kickball in Hartford, you’re an Athletic Supporter.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think I'm gonna pass, too. Just no point to it. They are cheap as hell in the aftermarket and UConn themselves heavily discount them as game time approaches. What possible benefits do I get a season ticket holder? Commemorative mug? A tailgating flag?

Pass.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom