Football Renewals Begin Wednesday...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Two bowl teams on the home schedule.
Oh stop - people around here dont even know what a bowl game is. And they certainly arent looking at the schedule pondering last year's bowl story.

PS - cant believe our trophy game against UCF is on the road this year.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Are you k.u.c.f.ing kidding me?

So much for HC in waiting. How much more is Edsall going to have to give up to get a quality OC in here?

Got another call from a 486 exchange. I'm happy I let it go to VM, which they did not leave. UConn is making it really tough to follow them.

I put the over/under for season tickets at 7000. If the new President sits down with AD Dave and has a plan, i'd be confident at over 7000. If not then under 7000. This is the first year in 8 years I have not gotten a phone call from Uconn athletics. Not a good sign.

I don't understand how someone can be a big enough fan to be a regular on the Yard yet have a need to be filleted (sp) before buying season tickets.

Husky25

I don't understand how someone can be a big enough fan to be a regular on the Yard yet have a need to be filleted (sp) before buying season tickets.
A Boneyard account is free. For the first time in nine seasons I personally would like something of value for the near cool G I drop on three tickets & parking passes.

Being f.e.l.l.a.t.e.d. before the purchase (even if it's just figurative) would be a whole lot more enjoyable than paying money to get "filleted."

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
A Boneyard account is free. For the first time in nine seasons I personally would like something of value for the near cool G I drop on three tickets & parking passes.

Being filleted before the purchase (even if it's just figurative) would be a whole lot more enjoyable than paying money to get "filleted."
Don't forget all the fees! And having to pay for the parking! And not knowing the kickoff times for half the games until a week out!

UConn doesn't control a lot of what I listed, but that stuff adds up. It grates on people.

Husky25

Don't forget all the fees! And having to pay for the parking! And not knowing the kickoff times for half the games until a week out!

UConn doesn't control a lot of what I listed, but that stuff adds up. It grates on people.
The kickoff times don't really bother me. I assume it's a 12:00 kickoff and block off the entire day in my personal, as well as our shared family, calendar. A 3:30 or 7:00 start is gravy. It means I can probably catch my son's soccer game without getting an earful or sideways glance or mow half the law before tailgating.

Got another call from a 486 exchange. I'm happy I let it go to VM, which they did not leave. UConn is making it really tough to follow them.
FWIW, I just got a call from the 486 and I asked them to please leave a message on VM for those who don't pick up.

Husky25

FWIW, I just got a call from the 486 and I asked them to please leave a message on VM for those who don't pick up.
Probably not worth it for them if they are just going to call back the next night. It's a waste of time. On to the next target. Just like in Pursuit of Happyness.

welp, still no email or phone call for my renewal. they must really not want my money
My wife said I got a phone call Monday morning from my new "personal services rep" while I was @ work (this must be my third/fourth rep since they started the program in 2016). When she said I wasn't home - he asked if she went to the games as well... when she said once every blue moon - he quickly said he would call back @ another time. He did not leave a name...

I put the over/under for season tickets at 7000. If the new President sits down with AD Dave and has a plan, i'd be confident at over 7000. If not then under 7000. This is the first year in 8 years I have not gotten a phone call from Uconn athletics. Not a good sign.
I predict it will be around 5k

My wife said I got a phone call Monday morning from my new "personal services rep" while I was @ work (this must be my third/fourth rep since they started the program in 2016). When she said I wasn't home - he asked if she went to the games as well... when she said once every blue moon - he quickly said he would call back @ another time. He did not leave a name...
Hell of a personal services rep - "I'm here for you should you need anything, don't worry about my name, just give me the cc# now"

We must have the same reps. Ours called Friday without saying his name too.

We had a discussion about UConn football and he was really upset when we told him we probably weren't renewing. Gave us a little attitude too. Not the best way to sell tickets.