Football Renewals Begin Wednesday... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Football Renewals Begin Wednesday...

Reaction Score
Got the official email - reviewed the prices on the website, and the above poster is right, the prices are the same. We're out - going to try to get to games via the secondary market, just cannot keep doing this year after year.

C

Chief00

They need to close the gap between the official price with contribution and the after market. It’s an economic disaster now. It will take a lot of courage to do that because on paper they would lose a lot of money in theory.
But, you already see people who paid full freight after years of losing say hey I am going to buy the $10 ticket in the parking lot and sit in any empty section of seats I want.
My suggestion is a bit reckless - eliminate all seat donations except for 45 to 45 yard line.
Lower sideline tickets $20 and end zone/upper stadium $10.

Reaction Score
I renewed tix but missed where to renew a blue parking pass. There was also a reference to a "parking benefit" if renewed prior to March 6th but did not see any details on this.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Chairbacks in mezz section avg over $100 per ticket when seat donation equated. But you do get 25% off mer chandise at the game. The $30 ski hat will now only be $22.50. Saving!

Siv

Reaction Score
They need to close the gap between the official price with contribution and the after market. It’s an economic disaster now. It will take a lot of courage to do that because on paper they would lose a lot of money in theory.
But, you already see people who paid full freight after years of losing say hey I am going to buy the $10 ticket in the parking lot and sit in any empty section of seats I want.
My suggestion is a bit reckless - eliminate all seat donations except for 45 to 45 yard line.
Lower sideline tickets $20 and end zone/upper stadium $10.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I renewed tix but missed where to renew a blue parking pass. There was also a reference to a "parking benefit" if renewed prior to March 6th but did not see any details on this.
If March 6 is the end of the "Early Bird" promotion I'll mark my calendar and do it in my own time. I'm not renewing just yet (though probably will). I Have to talk it over with others in my group.

The Blue pass is the most important to me. If I could get a blue pass without the tickets, I would.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No Email for me, guess they don't want my money this year :eek:

I got a call last night from an 486 exchange (Storrs). I recognized it, but treated it as a cloned robocall and let it go to VM. My thinking, like others, is if it is important enough, they will leave a message. They didn't. Must not be important.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
We are done. From 12 tickets in 2003 and diminishing every year (down to six in 117). Beside the lousy product on the field, the culprits are flex scheduling (most game times not announced until the 12 day window), the trip from lower Fairfield County, the inability to even give away extra tickets plus the ability to get in free anyway, and sit wherever we want. Edited to add, cheapining the priority of the seat donation by making blue parking passes available to anyone who renews by 3/6.

I'll still be donating to maintain my status, but to the sport I played at UCONN (swimming). Will still attend games, and be open to re-enlisting as soon as things change for the better.

Last edited:

Siv

Reaction Score
Long time season ticket buyer

I’d prefer the opposite. Treat the entire season ticket purchase for what it is for me- a donation. Like others, I can’t give the tickets away and in all good conscience would never sell them to a friend for the face value

At least I’d get a meaningful increase in my priority points

At this point I probably just switch my seat license dolllars to a straight donation and just go to the games that work for my schedule and interest

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The tickets always have and will be for a while a donation (until we are selling out regularly).

Buying tickets is your way to support the team. Do what ever you can, but understand whatever it is you are doing is really just a donation for UConn football and UConn athletics in general.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
[We'll] be open to re-enlisting as soon as things change for the better.

Isn't this a "the beatings will continue until morale improves" scenario?

Reaction Score
I'm all in (shocker, i know)! After the articles about dropping attendance, and with people calling for a move to FCS or to drop football completely; I'm done hoping the marketing staff and athletic department make changes to boost attendance. I'm going to do whatever I can to get attendance up. If that means buying more tickets myself and bringing friends for free, then that's what I'm going to do. This program means too much to me to just see it slowly fade away.

"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." -Michael Jordan
Thanks for everything you have done, and will do, for our program. Looking forward to seeing you at the home opener.

Reaction Score
apparently the parking benefit is you have access to buy the blue lot passes if you buy season tickets. That's how I read it.

Reaction Score
Long time season ticket buyer

I’d prefer the opposite. Treat the entire season ticket purchase for what it is for me- a donation. Like others, I can’t give the tickets away and in all good conscience would never sell them to a friend for the face value

At least I’d get a meaningful increase in my priority points

At this point I probably just switch my seat license dolllars to a straight donation and just go to the games that work for my schedule and interest
that's what we're doing - just transfering the donation to another sport, that way we keep our priority points where we need them to maintain the basketball ticket location.

Reactions: Siv
Reaction Score
To be honest if your just buying season tickets to support your better off just donating the money to the football program. You will get more priority points

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
I'm in this year as well. Of course, I live in South Carolina and the chances of me getting to a game are slim and none. But I've bought season tickets for three years now and donated them back to the University on the premise that they will use them for kids that can't afford to go to games or recruits' families; any thing to get asses in seats. I can't close the $40M gap much but every dollar counts. I figure you can't complain about the team and the record unless you try to do something to help...no matter how small.

Reaction Score
Just bought one from the light blue Husky Value section for $90.
stadium.jpg

Reaction Score
good move, you'll be able to move to pretty much anywhere in that place once you get admitted to the stadium.

Yup. I've been buying tickets from that corner section the last couple years and doing just that. First time they've had that $90 value option though.

Reaction Score
No season tix. We will pick and choose our spots and get better seats for less money. And if weather isn’t perfect or we have something else going on we just won’t go and life will go on.

Sucks that we are here after 15 whatever years as season ticket holders but I tried the irrational confidence route last year (even upgraded/donated for our seats like a dummy) and that ain’t gonna fly again this year.
Say it ain’t so Mike! At least buy cheap season tix. I’ve downgraded but I’m still buying 12 season tix a year. Every bit help.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Say it ain’t so Mike! At least buy cheap season tix. I’ve downgraded but I’m still buying 12 season tix a year. Every bit help.
I mean... I applaud the hell out of you and every last fan standing. I’ll hold off for now and see which games work best... might still end up with season tix, a mini plan, or something in between. Honestly the biggest enticement for season tix is that we prefer parking in gray lot.

Reaction Score
I mean... I applaud the hell out of you and every last fan standing. I’ll hold off for now and see which games work best... might still end up with season tix, a mini plan, or something in between. Honestly the biggest enticement for season tix is that we prefer parking in gray lot.

my big problem with season tickets is we cannot get rid of them. I don't even care at this point if we lose money on them, it's that no one even wants them even for free. Feels like a complete waste of my money. We are blue lot, and that's one of the only reservations I have about giving up the seats this year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Where I sat last year is $129/seat a game.

That’s so far beyond batscalito crazy it’s impossible to fathom.

Two bowl teams on the home schedule. One who lost their last 6 games of the season and the other got rung up by Army for 70 pts.

They seriously might not sell 5k non-student season tickets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom