Folks we are witnessing something very special | The Boneyard

Folks we are witnessing something very special

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
When we get healthy this team is going to be very very very very tuff to beat. This is a very special group of girls. We've got lock down defenders, team defense, team offense, height, rebounding, go to players and some All Americans. Feb 5 if we are all healthy on National TV is gonna be a war.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
angry knife GIF by Munchies

Yep

Reaction Score
I agree with Tony. This team has everything they need to go all the way- strong inside game, great rebounders, fantastic shooters and a great point guard. Barring injury, if this team plays its A game they can beat any team in the country, including SC and Stanford. I think we're watching the progression to a national champion.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
We saw it tonight with the return of Azzi. Nika, Azzi and Lou are the best guard trio in the game.
Yeah...when you put the above statement in context and realize that you are going to have that backcourt along with Dorka and Edwards under the basket and Aubrey and Caroline coming off the bench and you have 6'5" + 6'3' behind them. Well...now, that is truly terrifying!!!

Reaction Score
This team would seem to have the tools to MAYBE win it all. Great distributed shooting. Some lockdown defenders against SC's guards. Maybe enough big talent to at least be in the discussion with teams like SC and Stanford. Overall though, enough shooting to knock off any team in a tournament.

Reaction Score
Prior to Paige's ACL there was also such talk. I worry about angering the basketball gods. Oh what the heck, Go UConn, win it all!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When we get healthy this team is going to be very very very very tuff to beat. This is a very special group of girls. We've got lock down defenders, team defense, team offense, height, rebounding, go to players and some All Americans. Feb 5 if we are all healthy on National TV is gonna be a war.
STOP IT!!! Haven't we learned???? Why do people think we have been in the predicament we've been it???

austin-powers-dr-evil.gif

Just enjoy, be humble, quit @$%*ing with the basketball gods.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
And, then there was South Carolina. That will be a game of reality and provide the test to determine their potentil.
Let's get by Tennessee first, "Game Day" in front of possibly 20.000 crazy UConn hating people at TB Arena. We have the talent, but this is where the team can show their composure. Big game, Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Well said! Each practice & game, as the players get healthy, they are gaining that confidence and that is a good thing.

Reaction Score
Well said! Each practice & game, as the players get healthy, they are gaining that confidence and that is a good thing.
Lou reminds me of a Larry Bird type player, constant movement, catch and shoot. When she catches the ball is always ready to shoot.
She will be a handful with Azzi in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Let's get by Tennessee first, "Game Day" in front of possibly 20.000 crazy UConn hating people at TB Arena. We have the talent, but this is where the team can show their composure. Big game, Go Huskies.
I just don’t see Tennessee matching up with UConn. I predict we pull away in the 3rd and win by 20.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom