Florida transfer Noah Locke | The Boneyard

Florida transfer Noah Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why do we need this guy to compete for minutes with Cole, Gaffney, and Diggins?

Because he is a 40+% volume 3 point shooter. Do you not want us to upgrade talent so we don't hurt someone's feelings?

Also, he's a 2/3. He isn't really overlapping with Diggins or Cole much.

If anything hs's taking minutes from Gaff and Hawkins.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why do we need this guy to compete for minutes with Cole, Gaffney, and Diggins?
Maybe you should ask yourself that question
That’s the only transfer I’d personally would like us to take right now is a lights out shooter. Don’t want anyone else coming in to mess with the development of our freshmen. Think Martin slowed AJ’s development this year and I’m not completely sure if it was worth it seeing how he performed at the end of the season. Would rather give those shots and minutes to develop AJ.

Reaction Score
Low usage guy. Easy to fit into any lineup. Polley role replacement (obviously shorter) but at the position we have the most minutes available. Hoping this'll be the guy Jackson finds in the corner off penetration.

Reaction Score
It is - he is the transfer we currently have the best shot with and this tweet was previously buried in that 40 page thread.
Who says we have the best shot with him?

Reaction Score
Who says we have the best shot with him?
I didn’t mean to have that read as if we lead, just from all the guys we’ve been connected to he is the furthest along in his “recruitment” with mutual interest (except for the transfers we reached out to and already picked a school) and going by our insiders the staff is all in. Think this guy deserves his own thread.

Reaction Score
I have a coworker who is a UF fan I was catching up with recently, and he mentioned they had a few guys in the transfer portal. When I brought this up today, his remark was "you can take that one", so I assumed he wasn't a very good shooter, but sign me up for a 40% guy!

Reaction Score
Gonna be honest, Gaff and Cole don't deserve to walk in to 20+ mpg next year.

Cole proved more worthy and useful than Gaff but I have no problem over recruiting over either and opening up competition.
the phrase "recruited over" doesnt apply to upperclassmen anyways, it's used way too broadly. the only circumstance it should apply to is when a coach signs a better prospect at the same position, in the same or subsequent class, as an underclassman

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
the phrase "recruited over" doesnt apply to upperclassmen anyways, it's used way too broadly. the only circumstance it should apply to is when a coach signs a better prospect at the same position, in the same or subsequent class, as a player already on the roster

Okay. Have it your way. Even though according to the dictionary you are wrong in your understanding of the phrase recruited over.

They're still recruiting players who can immediately supplant returning starters.

Reaction Score
Okay. Have it your way. Even though according to the dictionary you are wrong in your understanding of the phrase recruited over.

They're still recruiting players who can immediately supplant returning starters.
there is no dictionary definition...but if you've had 2 or 3 years to prove yourself and you arent getting it done then you arent being recruited over you just arent very good. by contrast if we brought in a 5* SG and SF this summer then hawkins and aj would both have been recruited over because aj barely given a shot and hawkins none at all so he would probably just decommit.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
there is no dictionary definition...but if you've had 2 or 3 years to prove yourself and you arent getting it done then you arent being recruited over you just arent very good. by contrast if we brought in a 5* SG and SF this summer then hawkins and aj would both have been recruited over because they were barely given a shot. hawkins would probably just decommit.

Oh, silly you and your limited vocabulary.

Let's keep this focused on getting a high level, proven shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom