Florida St @ Louisville - 1/21/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida St @ Louisville - 1/21/18

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A bad game for Louisville, no one is exempt including UConn. Everybody can have a bad game once in a while. A one point win for Florida State. Asia durr with only 11 points, not one of her better days.
And then there were two.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
UConn and ND are the only two ranked teams today that outscored their opponents every quarter.
Reflection of the opposition's quality as a team? Both losing teams were waaay overmatched "on paper". Were any of the other ranked teams in a similar position?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Quite a few higher-ranked teams losing games today. I suppose we can expect to see the top 5 of the AP poll look something like this tomorrow:
  1. UConn
  2. Miss St
  3. Baylor
  4. Louisville
  5. Notre Dame
After that, it becomes a bit of a mess. #6 Tennessee lost two games to Notre Dame and Mississippi State, #7 Oregon lost to Oregon State, and #8 Ohio State lost to Michigan. Does this mean that #9 Texas could move all the way up to #6?

The rest of the top 10 might look something like this:
6. Texas
7. Tennessee
8. Florida State
9. South Carolina
10. Missouri/Oregon

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If someone predicted that Louisville would not break 50 today, would you have believed them?
Yup, if it was a first quarter or halftime score.:)

Reaction Score
Florida State did a really good job on Durr and their team’s ability to switch on screens was really good. They just don’t have the ability to produce points which is why this game was close. Jeff Walz allows Durr to do whatever she wants. Outside of her and Hines-Allen, it’s really not much to defend which is why I don’t get why Notre Dame loss so badly. UConn will do the same thing Florida State did to Durr or worse and have plenty of players capable of putting points on the board. I don’t think that will be a good game.

Reaction Score
With Oregon’s loss to Oregon State if the committee was to choose today would they still be a 1 seed. I don’t like how they overhype this team so much. There’s a rematch today though and it’s on Oregon’s court, eager to see how it goes between the two.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Reflection of the opposition's quality as a team? Both losing teams were waaay overmatched "on paper". Were any of the other ranked teams in a similar position?
Missouri also won all 4 quarters, but the game wasn't over at the time I posted. Yes SC, Cal, Duke, AZ St, Iowa, Rutgers, and UCLA. The only two games I'm not including are the two where both teams are ranked. Miss St @ TN and FL St at Louisville.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
With Oregon’s loss to Oregon State if the committee was to choose today would they still be a 1 seed. I don’t like how they overhype this team so much. There’s a rematch today though and it’s on Oregon’s court, eager to see how it goes between the two.

Im going with “no.”

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If someone predicted that Louisville would not break 50 today, would you have believed them?

Probably not. Now if you told me Durr and Hines-Allen wouldn't score 50 points combined, that would be believable.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
#7 Oregon lost to Oregon State,

Rematch coming up in about 40 minutes. How far should Oregon drop if they win today? Losing to a ranked team on the road isn't so bad.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
FSU has lots of athletes but they make some of the worst decisions by a ranked team you will ever see. Louisville looks far better coached even if they played poorly today.

Reaction Score
Florida State did a really good job on Durr and their team’s ability to switch on screens was really good. They just don’t have the ability to produce points which is why this game was close. Jeff Walz allows Durr to do whatever she wants. Outside of her and Hines-Allen, it’s really not much to defend which is why I don’t get why Notre Dame loss so badly. UConn will do the same thing Florida State did to Durr or worse and have plenty of players capable of putting points on the board. I don’t think that will be a good game.
I think Holly, I mean Jeffrey, took the 2nd half off. L’ville was going nowhere with Asia and Myisha ineffective . Warlick panicked and rode them all the way to the end. Cards have a kid named Dunham that WAS a project that injects instant energy. He sat her the whole 2nd half when Hines Allen was nuetralized and playing worse as the game continued to slowly go off the rails. You could see this wasn’t ending well unless Asia and Myisha were pulled for a while. . Not sure if Jeffrey was still conscious though. He coached scared.
Maybe in post game he could pull the “trophy’s are for losers “shtick to deflect from him losing control of his team. Not Asia’s or Myishas fault. They should not have had that many minutes and needed the coach to do his job.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
FSU has lots of athletes but they make some of the worst decisions by a ranked team you will ever see. Louisville looks far better coached even if they played poorly today.
I was thinking the same thing when I was watching the game. I was expecting Samrau to yank the players after some of the very poor decisions but nope, she kept them in. I was astounded at the number of jump shots each team took and missed, and as noted earlier, This led to a remarkable number of rebounds. Neither team worries me.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing when I was watching the game. I was expecting Samrau to yank the players after some of the very poor decisions but nope, she kept them in. I was astounded at the number of jump shots each team took and missed, and as noted earlier, This led to a remarkable number of rebounds. Neither team worries me.
Neither team should worry you. Though that was a remarkable game last year UConn played against Fl State. That Brown pg on Fl State was remarkable. That was one of the best games of the year from a spectators standpoint. So close yet so far away. Damn you UConn

Reaction Score
I knew there would be some sort of let down after that ND win. There goes that unbeaten 1 and 2 game I was hoping for.

Reaction Score
I see you Florida State! Now I think the true no.2 was proven today! Nice road win and upset for Florida State.
Fl State played the best defense on Asia Durr so much so Asia was shell shocked the whole 2nd half

Reaction Score
Heck that’s easy after the fact of course. Notre Dame never tried to play defense the whole game. They got somewhat close, raised their arms to not foul and ran back down the floor after a basket was made. ND played real defensive basketball and said the heck with worrying about fouling and played some transition defense against Tennessee

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom