Florida Spread | The Boneyard

Florida Spread

Reaction Score
Yup. Not surprised. My buddy thought it would be closer to -7. I said no way considering it’s our first real road game, we are new to top 10 etc. I don’t care how “unranked” Florida is -it still going to be a tough one down there.

Reaction Score
Neutral sites weren’t away at all very few raucous fans. This is the first real away test and a pretty good team on the other end. Coming in unbeaten and top 10 will have the students ready and noisy. Not surprised at the number at all.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think it's finals week on campus. Some students may have already left.

I have some family and friends at other Florida campuses and they are on finals week. Some have their kids back home already for winter break.

Reaction Score
I don’t bet but the team is well rested and the only questions are 1. Are they on shooting tonight? 2. Will the refs screw us? We have 2 bigs to negate center foul trouble and that is a big deal and we have great defense. Happy with a win of any margin.

Reaction Score
We covered Oklahoma State -9. We didn't cover against Buffalo where it was -20.5 and we won by 20
Thanks. Whichever it was, we're 1 point away from being a perfect 9-0 ATS.

Reaction Score
I'm worried. That line is lower than it should be, which means Vegas thinks Florida is better than their metrics.

Plus we have the top 10 team on the road against tournament quality unranked team thing working against us.

Reaction Score
I'm worried. That line is lower than it should be, which means Vegas thinks Florida is better than their metrics.

Plus we have the top 10 team on the road against tournament quality unranked team thing working against us.

i mean, Maryland was undefeated going into a tough Wisconsin game on the road and the line was like -2 for Wisco. I feel like that's how this game is being looked at.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think the OSU was the clunker. I think we keep out double digit streak in tact.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I think it's finals week on campus. Some students may have already left.

I have some family and friends at other Florida campuses and they are on finals week. Some have their kids back home already for winter break.

You're right, Chin. My nephew is a Freshman at UF and it's finals week. He had to give up his ticket for tonight because he has a 4 hour exam review tonight for his Saturday final.

Reaction Score
Not sure why everyone is surprised at this line. Florida is good and metrics agree. I honestly thought we’d be somewhere around -3. -4.5 shows how good we are and what vegas thinks about how good we are.

Reaction Score
i mean, Maryland was undefeated going into a tough Wisconsin game on the road and the line was like -2 for Wisco. I feel like that's how this game is being looked at.
Yeah that's what I'm getting at. KenPom line for that game was Maryland -1, Vegas made it Wiscon -1.5/-2. So a 3 point swing, about the same as ours. They're basically doubling the home court advantage.

Reaction Score

Eh, at this rate it may go to 5 and Kenpom has us winning by 6. The spread is right in line with the metrics.

Not a surprise but everyone is taking UConn, 74% of the bets and money on UConn.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah that's what I'm getting at. KenPom line for that game was Maryland -1, Vegas made it Wiscon -1.5/-2. So a 3 point swing, about the same as ours. They're basically doubling the home court advantage.
And Wisconsin ended up covering that game too fwiw.

It’s weird though because Florida also has no good wins and got smacked by WVU and lost to our old friend Gaffney and FAU at home. Nothing about their past games says this should be close, but Vegas.

Reaction Score
You're right, Chin. My nephew is a Freshman at UF and it's finals week. He had to give up his ticket for tonight because he has a 4 hour exam review tonight for his Saturday final.
Kids nowadays. Much more dedicated than I ever was at UConn especially as a freshman. He must be pre-med.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom