Florida Spread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida Spread

Reaction Score
was checking the team lines, Uconn team line is 73.5 and florida is around 69.5. Florida hasnt scored lower than 74 (in a loss) all season but you could argue UConn's superior defense could get them lower than 69.5, they've been avergaing much higher, similar than UConn. I feel like 73.5 feels right for us. I felt like we went on a big scoring drought last game where we should have scored and won by more. Not really sure how to play those if you choose to do some parlay or something

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I think we'll need some signature games from Sanogo and Jackson- upperclassmen who have done it on the road before.
Jackson had a pretty good game @ WVU last season- 10 points on 4-5 shooting, 5 boards, 2 steals, 1 TO.
We do have so much depth that we can probably afford a few of the guys who aren't quite ready for a moment like this in a hostile environment. I think Karaban is mentally made of steel though, so I could see him rising to the occasion.
Alleyne has some good big game experience too. Had good games on the road last season against UNC, Clemson, NC St, G Tech. His minutes have gone down in recent games, but we might need him to step up this game.
We'll see what Newton is made of tonight too, this is sort of uncharted territory for him. He's due for a bounce back game. Was quiet against OK St and had trouble a little bit against the ISU defense.

If we lose, it's not the end of the world, and brings the team back down to earth heading into BE play. Good spot to be.
Having said that, I really like our chances tonight... especially if Lofton is either out or not 100%. Would like to see UF at full strength though to give us a proper test.

Haven't felt good on the road against a good P5 team in a long time.

Reaction Score
I don’t bet but the team is well rested and the only questions are 1. Are they on shooting tonight? 2. Will the refs screw us? We have 2 bigs to negate center foul trouble and that is a big deal and we have great defense. Happy with a win of any margin.
You can’t be serious worrying about the refs going into a game.

Reaction Score
This team was not phased when Alabama erased a 15 point deficit. In fact they continued to execute and won by 18.

I feel good that the hostile environment will not be the difference tonight

Reaction Score
was checking the team lines, Uconn team line is 73.5 and florida is around 69.5. Florida hasnt scored lower than 74 (in a loss) all season but you could argue UConn's superior defense could get them lower than 69.5, they've been avergaing much higher, similar than UConn. I feel like 73.5 feels right for us. I felt like we went on a big scoring drought last game where we should have scored and won by more. Not really sure how to play those if you choose to do some parlay or something
I like looking at the team line more than the spread, I feel that it’s more telling unless you’re gambling and need to know what the spread is.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'd be thrilled with a win of any margin tonight. First true road test, a lot of buzz around the team, it's a prime night to get smacked in the mouth.
Sure but making money adds some extra thrill on top of it :)

Reaction Score
You're right, Chin. My nephew is a Freshman at UF and it's finals week. He had to give up his ticket for tonight because he has a 4 hour exam review tonight for his Saturday final.
Tuff. What dumb professor would hold an exam review the night of a big on campus game??. Not bright. Lol. Sorry to hear he had to give up his ticket

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn is favored by 3.5 to 4.5 so why does the ESPN Matchup Predictor have a 62.2% chance of Florida winning? The 2 don't seem to jive.

I think it's based on BPI, which is the lowest on UConn and highest on Florida of any of the metrics.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I think it's based on BPI, which is the lowest on UConn and highest on Florida of any of the metrics.
Compare Rankings - 2023 Men's College Basketball | WarrenNolan.com
not my cup of tea as i rarely bet on sports, but this guy has gone off the deep end with 'metrics' and it seems that any fan can find sum datapoop to justify their bets there.
all i know aboot data and betting is that 18.5 is the magic number in 21.

Reaction Score

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'd be thrilled with a win of any margin tonight. First true road test, a lot of buzz around the team, it's a prime night to get smacked in the mouth.

It is. And for that reason I want this one. Bad. This is a road win true runs are built on. We are going to lose a game ( or two or 3 maybe ) ;-) this year and it very well can be tonight, and that's not upsetting in and of itself, we will be fine, but I'd trade a BigEast road loss to one of 7 other league teams this season in exchange for tonight. Its a great OOC Q1 (it would end up) road win. Plus its just timing. We went from unranked 5 weeks ago to #5 with a bullet (Texas lost last night, Houston may lose Saturday)..... win this and we are really entrenched in top 10 even if Xavier sneaks one out against us before new year. This game is (contrary to shizzles opinions) big time scheduling at the perfect time for us. It is the next step on the ladder after the leaps we made at PK85.

Reaction Score

Compare Rankings - 2023 Men's College Basketball | WarrenNolan.com
not my cup of tea as i rarely bet on sports, but this guy has gone off the deep end with 'metrics' and it seems that any fan can find sum datapoop to justify their bets there.
all i know aboot data and betting is that 18.5 is the magic number in 21.
1670440553803.png

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'bet the under-wear!'
'boxers on sale at overstock!'

did i do this correctly?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This team was not phased when Alabama erased a 15 point deficit.
dont_phase.jpg

Texas had their first true road test last night. They were a 3 pt favorite. I imagine their fans we're pretty confident too... likely even unfazed at Illinois staying close until Texas blew their small lead in regulation and looked lost in OT.

August_West

Reaction Score
dont_phase.jpg

Texas had their first true road test last night. They were a 3 pt favorite. I imagine their fans we're pretty confident too... likely even unfazed at Illinois staying close until Texas blew their small lead in regulation and looked lost in OT.

Was a fun game to watch as a fan of neither team.

I thought Illinois was dead when texas erased their lead and took a 2 possession lead in first 10 min of 2nd half and then Illinois found it.

Reaction Score
For whatever reason, I think we win pretty comfortably tonight. Too many people predicting us too lose based on a gut feeling and absolutely nothing else. Yes, its a tough game in a tough place to play, but we have a lot of horses. If the staff is using all the bulletin board material correctly, our guys will come out ready to go. I'm looking for Newton to have a big game.

There's maybe 5-8 teams playing at home that should be favored over us. Florida is clearly not one of those 5-8 teams.

Reaction Score
It is. And for that reason I want this one. Bad. This is a road win true runs are built on. We are going to lose a game ( or two or 3 maybe ) ;-) this year and it very well can be tonight, and that's not upsetting in and of itself, we will be fine, but I'd trade a BigEast road loss to one of 7 other league teams this season in exchange for tonight. Its a great OOC Q1 (it would end up) road win. Plus its just timing. We went from unranked 5 weeks ago to #5 with a bullet (Texas lost last night, Houston may lose Saturday)..... win this and we are really entrenched in top 10 even if Xavier sneaks one out against us before new year. This game is (contrary to shizzles opinions) big time scheduling at the perfect time for us. It is the next step on the ladder after the leaps we made at PK85.

I agree -- this is a sneaky-important game for the trajectory of the season.

If we win this one, we're top 5 and getting buzz for at least another few weeks and probably beyond that as we will be hard do dislodge.

If we lose, it's easier to fall back into the also-ran pack in the 10-20 range, especially at a time of year when commentators are skeptical of teams that rise quickly.

Reaction Score
dont_phase.jpg

The game was at MSG.

August_West

Reaction Score
I agree -- this is a sneaky-important game for the trajectory of the season.

If we win this one, we're top 5 and getting buzz for at least another few weeks and probably beyond that as we will be hard do dislodge.

If we lose, it's easier to fall back into the also-ran pack in the 10-20 range, especially at a time of year when commentators are skeptical of teams that rise quickly.

We are top 3 probably with tonight. /doomed

Reaction Score
You're right, Chin. My nephew is a Freshman at UF and it's finals week. He had to give up his ticket for tonight because he has a 4 hour exam review tonight for his Saturday final.
Wow things have changed. Review on Wednesday for a Saturday final?? I wouldn’t start looking for missing class notes until Thursday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom