Florida Over Tennessee | The Boneyard

Florida Over Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I watched the first quarter, went back to my piano and then checked back at the end
Amazing, amazing, amazing as ole Casey used to say.
They were so dominant at the top with good strong D
And getting the ball inside to Mercedes and Graves, even hitting 3's
Up by how much? 10, 11?
How could they lose?
A team that takes it foot off the gas, I suppose and forgets what got them there.
Talk about a badly coached team.
And their savior, Miss Diamond, is just not right, she looks awful.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The autopsy on this one is not going to be pretty: Catch spoke to the team recently about effort . Andy Landers: "UT needs to improve greatly offensively". Lady Vols second loss to an un-ranked team this year. Bashara Graves 2 of 13 NO shot attempt outside of 7 feet. Diamond 6 of 21. Cooper 3 of 11. UT 4 of 22 on 3Pt attempts.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
But I thought they were improving so much since Nared came back, the team had their big meeting with out the coaches, and they took away their social media? :eek:

I have to say, this makes me smile. Going nowhere fast, and mass hysteria from the more insane fan base...

Reaction Score
But I thought they were improving so much since Nared came back, the team had their big meeting with out the coaches, and they took away their social media? :eek:

I have to say, this makes me smile. Going nowhere fast, and mass hysteria from the more insane fan base...
Grandpa always said: don't let the kids taking the control...

Reaction Score
I need to hear from Margo right now. She'll let us know whats wrong with these Lady Vols.

Maybe Diamond was thinking more about driving around campus in her new Mercedes she got
from her brother than thinking about a bunch of hungry Gators coming for a good meal on ole
Rocky Top.

Reaction Score
10 assists??!!? hard to believe a team with that much talent can only muster 10 assists....clearly a coaching issue.....not to mention 21 turnovers
Old Grandma first time saw the basketball game: if they liked the ball so much, why not gave everyone a ball to play?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

I actually don't think their fans are all that hysterical
The team is woefully underperforming
The have zero recruits next season
Play is very undisciplined, coaching is very suspect.
The program has an illustrious tradition

Can you blame them for being so discouraged?
And to advocate change?
Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Reaction Score
The game humbles one . . . or many. Example: Charlie Creme posted this last April. Vols #3.

Way too early indeed.

Keep Auriemma's laugh line in mind, fellow believers: "There is a line from here to Chicago for people waiting to play us in non-conference games starting next year. We understand that and I am sure we will take our lumps for a little bit. We played them all before we got Stewie so we might as well play them now.

Reaction Score
feste, you make a good point but it won't kill me to lose some games. We may have put together the best non conference schedule in the history of the sport. Its going to be fun to watch the women take on that challenge even if we lose a few. We'll be battle tested by March.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not to single anyone out and there are rumors of injuries in both years but ...
Freshman of the year shooting percentages: .426/.279 while taking 24% of the teams shots and 25% of their threes - A/TO 0.75
Red Shirt Sophomore numbers: .391/.233 while taking 24% of teams shots and 28% of their threes - A/TO 0.76

And the PG of the future that made the Danger superfluous to requirements is second on the team in shots (15%) and three attempts shoots (21%) is hitting at .328/.217 with an A/TO of 0.85.

Those numbers of course look worse than they really are when you consider the whole team shoots .404/.231 with an A/TO of 0.81

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The autopsy on this one is not going to be pretty: Catch spoke to the team recently about effort . Andy Landers: "UT needs to improve greatly offensively". Lady Vols second loss to an un-ranked team this year. Bashara Graves 2 of 13 NO shot attempt outside of 7 feet. Diamond 6 of 21. Cooper 3 of 11. UT 4 of 22 on 3Pt attempts.
Wonder how much Andy got paid for that illumination?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Interesting presser by Holly with Carter and Graves
http://www.utsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/010716aaa.html

Holly tries to throw the team under the bus but it comes out sounding like she has no control.
She tells the guards to penetrate, they hoist 3's

Carter affirmed that for whatever reason, the team just did't listen to Holly. Not her fault, she said
Mentioned that the coaches took it easy on them this week with a busy schedule. no excuse there.

Graves was pretty miserable, couldn't buy a bucket, even from point blank range

When the team plays with max effort, and reasonable smarts, they're still a tough out.

Jury is still out: Do the collapse, pull together or a little of both? Who knows.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting presser by Holly with Carter and Graves
http://www.utsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/010716aaa.html

Holly tries to throw the team under the bus but it comes out sounding like she has no control.
She tells the guards to penetrate, they hoist 3's

Carter affirmed that for whatever reason, the team just did't listen to Holly. Not her fault, she said
Mentioned that the coaches took it easy on them this week with a busy schedule. no excuse there.

Graves was pretty miserable, couldn't buy a bucket, even from point blank range

When the team plays with max effort, and reasonable smarts, they're still a tough out.

Jury is still out: Do the collapse, pull together or a little of both? Who knows.
Wow just wow! Holly: Ask them, I'm saying one thing and they are doing another!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
10 assists??!!? hard to believe a team with that much talent can only muster 10 assists....clearly a coaching issue.....not to mention 21 turnovers
they got their duties mixed up.. suppose to be 21 assist and 10 turnovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown