Florida Husky fans… | The Boneyard

Florida Husky fans…

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Be sure you’re prepared for Hurricane Ian. Check in when you can.

95D6BBE9-AE87-4ED5-A80A-A185B4624B71.jpeg

Reaction Score
Looks like this will be a West Coast storm. We're in Vero Beach, which seems to be getting tropical storm winds and a lot of rain. We will see.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Here in Winter Park Florida with my parents. Flew down to help them prepare and am going to ride it out with them.
I’m 15 minutes from you. :)

Looks like this will be a West Coast storm. We're in Vero Beach, which seems to be getting tropical storm winds and a lot of rain. We will see.
It’s most of the state. We’re expecting 8-12” of rain In Orlando with a potential for tornadoes.

52CA170A-EAFD-40E8-B7C0-A707FBDA1051.jpeg

Reaction Score
Here in Winter Park Florida with my parents. Flew down to help them prepare and am going to ride it out with them.
We’re in Cape Coral on a canal with 6 children and about a dozen kitties, we couldn’t leave all the cats so we stayed and we’re monitoring the water level in the Canal. We’re about 9’ above sea level. Good luck and you and your family be safe
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Been doing lots of yard work to prepare; had several really overgrown bougainvilleas that needed to be severely pruned back to prevent the wind from blowing them over.

Going to make pizza later today: in case we lose electricity, pizza still tastes good cold!

My parents are in assisted living in Sarasota. They have not had to evacuate. My dad said he heard that the generator there may not be running at full capacity, so that's a concern.

Everybody in FL, please stay safe! Reports say that Key West is flooded, all of Cuba has lost power, and a tornado has flipped planes over in South Florida.
Screenshot_20220928-060453_WESH.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
We are in West Palm Beach. We most likely won't get the brunt of IAN but we have had 24 hours of TORNADO WARNINGS. It is very unnerving. Thank God non have struck, YET...

Reaction Score
And speaking of Florida . . .

We're going to be there for most of the season. Is there ANY way to catch the SNY games (live or on video), now that those games will no longer be archived? As a last resort, how can we get live radio broadcasts or data streaming of those games?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And speaking of Florida . . .

We're going to be there for most of the season. Is there ANY way to catch the SNY games (live or on video), now that those games will no longer be archived? As a last resort, how can we get live radio broadcasts or data streaming of those games?
I post a thread on how to stream the games at the beginning of the season that stays tacked to the top of the board. Look for it at the beginning of the season

Reaction Score
2 pm, 9/28
The Weather Channel has a tv camera in the parking lot of a beach front hotel (500 ft from the gulf) in Ft. Meyers Beach. It's been secured 6ft above the pavement. The camera is now submerged.
I can only hope everyone near the coast has left.

Reaction Score
I took a winter vacation on Captiva and Sanibel Island years ago. I fear they are both now fully underwater. The barrier islands stand little chance against these conditions.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
To boost the spirits of those in the path of the storm, Mick sends his best wishes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Poinciana, Florida here. About an hour southwest of Orlando.

Rain has been consistent for the last few hours. Winds are up to 12 mph with gusts up to 18 mph.

We are in the direct path of Ian. Later tonight thru tomorrow morning should be the worst of the storm. Not worried so much about home damage. Vast major of the houses are built to withstand a Cat 3. we were here when Irma hit and the house was just fine.

Prediction is for 18" to 25" of rain. That is a cause of concern. We have 25 ponds/ lakes in the community. Grounds are close to saturated before this. The community has an excellent drainage system. People are worried that the system can't handle the amount that's coming. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Principle residence in The Villages, but currently watching hurricane coverage from seasonal residence in the Vegas area. Have a brother in Palm Harbor (Tampa area) and it looks like he dodged a bullet compared to earlier projected paths, and my parents had significant hurricane damage in Cape Coral from Charlie, back in 2004, so it is like Deja Vue for that area getting hit very hard.

The Orlando area then looked like Ian was heading their way, but now it looks like it is bending a little further east and of course moving forward so slow that the wind speeds are decreasing over land and will probably be a weaker category 1 or tropical storm by the time it gets that far north.

Millions without power, tons of rain and flooding, and plenty of property and surge damage near the point of entry on the west coast. The cost will be huge and I'm sure all Florida residents will see a big bump in their home-owners insurance, but whenever you are in the "cone" in the early stages and the path finally moves a little away from your area, you can't help but feel a sigh of relief. Best wishes to all affected.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kissimmee, near Disney, is under 2’ of water. We’re still getting 60 mph gusts in Orlando

Reaction Score
Poinciana, Florida here. About an hour southwest of Orlando.

Rain has been consistent for the last few hours. Winds are up to 12 mph with gusts up to 18 mph.

We are in the direct path of Ian. Later tonight thru tomorrow morning should be the worst of the storm. Not worried so much about home damage. Vast major of the houses are built to withstand a Cat 3. we were here when Irma hit and the house was just fine.

Prediction is for 18" to 25" of rain. That is a cause of concern. We have 25 ponds/ lakes in the community. Grounds are close to saturated before this. The community has an excellent drainage system. People are worried that the system can't handle the amount that's coming. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
So far so good, in southeast Orlando. Still experiencing heavy winds but no flooding and we never loss electricity or internet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom