Florida Gator Board reaction.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida Gator Board reaction..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lots of tic tac fouls called on UCONN tonight. Glad the boys pulled out the win.
If they had called the Zona-Dook game the way they called tonight's game, both teams front courts would have fouled out half-way through the second half. I thought the refs had a lot of questionable calls in the post that they could have let go.

Reaction Score
I'll forgive the Gator fans once we finally get the long awaited invite from the SEC.

Reaction Score
I agree that down low they were getting calls that involved the barest level of contact. As for the FT disparity, certainly part of that could be attributed to the fact that we shot 1,000 3's tonight.
The calls in the post are insufferable and kills the flow of the game. I hope they revisit that part of the new rule. Let them bang in the post like they do in the NBA and before in college ball as well. As for the FT differential they only took 6 more than UConn. It wasn't as large as some made it out to be, and I agree that most of that was UF tried to pound it inside a lot more than UConn did. They took 9 3s and we took 24. Nuf said.

Great game. There should be a heck of a lot more threads on what went right than what didn't. Hum...

Reaction Score
2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_through_you_1.jpg

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Got home late after work, so just finishing the game now.
The two calls the Fla fans are complaining about were the right calls for both, no question. But the zebras did miss multiple others throughout the game, mostly in Fla favors...sour grapes!

Reaction Score
I thought the Napier four point play was a bad call that Florida fans should be understandably upset about. The rest of the game? I thought the calls erred in favor of the Gators, and the last play clearly wasn't a double dribble.

Reaction Score
I thought the Napier four point play was a bad call that Florida fans should be understandably upset about. The rest of the game? I thought the calls erred in favor of the Gators, and the last play clearly wasn't a double dribble.
I agree on four point play foul, I was at the game and couldn't tell but when I saw it at home on the replay it should of been a no call.

Reaction Score
I'll forgive the Gator fans once we finally get the long awaited invite from the SEC.

If the SEC wants to increase its basketball profile, they couldn't do better than to invite UConn. Right now, there's no real rival for KY. It would also give the SEC a presence in the Northeast.

Reaction Score
Anyone been to the Boneyard and read UConn fan reactions to fouls called on their players lately?

Reaction Score
You're right - just saw the replay and Tyler had his arms out flat instead of up. They could have let it go since it wasn't on his shooting side, but Tyler gave them a reason to call it.

Agree saw the same thing.......he came down with his arms enough to get the call. Another on him was awful and 3 on Nolan were pitiful. I like Patric Young but please, they were hardly even touch fouls in against a phyical post player.....there can be no bitch from the Gator fans........well there can be as long as they understand the term "deaf ears!"

Reaction Score
The calls in the post are insufferable and kills the flow of the game. I hope they revisit that part of the new rule. Let them bang in the post like they do in the NBA and before in college ball as well. As for the FT differential they only took 6 more than UConn. It wasn't as large as some made it out to be, and I agree that most of that was UF tried to pound it inside a lot more than UConn did. They took 9 3s and we took 24. Nuf said.

Great game. There should be a heck of a lot more threads on what went right than what didn't. Hum...

I am not a fan of the backing-in banging moves, IMO that's not basketball. It seems they are calling it tight on D but allowing the offensive player to pound away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom