Florida Gator Board reaction.. | The Boneyard

Florida Gator Board reaction..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saying Bazz was not touched by Prather on the 4 point play and that the refs blew it big time by not calling a double dribble on Bazz at the end of the game. They are so heartbroken!

Reaction Score
Saying Bazz was not touched by Prather on the 4 point play and that the refs blew it big time by not calling a double dribble on Bazz at the end of the game. They are so heartbroken!

The Florida defender knocked it out of Bazz's hands. I don't see that as a double dribble.

Reaction Score
The Florida defender knocked it out of Bazz's hands. I don't see that as a double dribble.
Agreed. I don't blame them though-I'm sure I'd be saying the same type of stuff in the heat of the moment after a tough loss like that.

Reaction Score
the defender also touched it right before bazz picked it up. he waited until the florida player reached out to tap it before grabbing it himself. Was it a foul on the 3? maybe. half the fouls on nolan and olander could have gone either way. i'm sure they aren't mentioning those. 18 fouls called on uconn and 14 on florida. tough for florida to complain about foul calls

Reaction Score
Certainly no double dribble and not only was it a foul but it's close to a dirty play on Bazz. I know there was no intent or at least I doubt it but it's definitely a dangerous play when you box a guy out before he lands and that's what he did. And the result is why it's dangerous....it's a foul - they can cry all they want it's a no-brainer!

Reaction Score
Free throw differential was also pretty large in favor of the gators. I can't blame them one bit though tough way to lose..great way to win for the huskies though

Reaction Score
the defender also touched it right before bazz picked it up. he waited until the florida player reached out to tap it before grabbing it himself. Was it a foul on the 3? maybe. half the fouls on nolan and olander could have gone either way. i'm sure they aren't mentioning those. 18 fouls called on uconn and 14 on florida. tough for florida to complain about foul calls

Especially since they treated Patric Young like Jabbar down the stretch..........:eek:..........Nolan nor Tyler fouled him on their 5th fouls..........

Reaction Score
Lots of tic tac fouls called on UCONN tonight. Glad the boys pulled out the win.

Reaction Score
Bazz kicked his leg out. Shouldn't have been a foul, I thought. But I didn't think Tyler's should have been either, so call it a wash.

I'm pretty sure the pass was deflected because it went five feet.

Reaction Score
didn't think it was a foul on the 3 and thought Tyler's fifth was legit b/c he brought his arms in a downward motion instead of having them straight up. but i could care less. a win is a win...

Reaction Score
Between Nolan and Olander there were about 6 of the 10 fouls called that were absolute junk.
I think the Free Thrown tonight were about a zillion to 9.
Florida will be fine.....after they get over this crushing loss.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Fouls number 2 and 5 and Nolan were complete BS calls. He didn't move or make contact with anyone.

Reaction Score
Lots of tic tac fouls called on UCONN tonight. Glad the boys pulled out the win.
I don't understand the continual emphasis on decreasing the physicality of the game....I say I don't understand it, because they continue to whittle away at what a defender can do, but they continue to allow offensive players to "back down" a defender/bowl them over and initiate contact over and over without calling an offensive foul. I agree with cleaning up the "bumps" of cutters and the moving screens that have been allowed in the past, because those can get someone hurt. The other emphasis on "cleaning up" the game simply makes it harder and harder to play good, tough defense. Maybe my football coach side (I also coach hoop) is skewing my perspective, but I think a little physicality makes the game better, not worse.

Reaction Score
You can't cut under a shooter, that's a foul everytime. Are they talking about Patric Young storming through people and drawing fouls tonight?

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
Certainly no double dribble and not only was it a foul but it's close to a dirty play on Bazz. I know there was no intent or at least I doubt it but it's definitely a dangerous play when you box a guy out before he lands and that's what he did. And the result is why it's dangerous....it's a foul - they can cry all they want it's a no-brainer!

Definitely shows the gator knock the ball out of bazz's hands:

https://twitter.com/noescalators/status/407704047295008768

Reaction Score
boog204 said:
didn't think it was a foul on the 3 and thought Tyler's fifth was legit b/c he brought his arms in a downward motion instead of having them straight up. but i could care less. a win is a win...

You're right - just saw the replay and Tyler had his arms out flat instead of up. They could have let it go since it wasn't on his shooting side, but Tyler gave them a reason to call it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

So? Why bring stuff from an opponent's board, especially after such a great game?

Reaction Score
Bazz kicked his leg out. Shouldn't have been a foul, I thought. But I didn't think Tyler's should have been either, so call it a wash.

I'm pretty sure the pass was deflected because it went five feet.

Bazz shoots by kicking his leg out.

Not only that, Boatright was plowed on his 3 right before that. Florida was running into 3 point shooters. It wasn't called prior to that.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the continual emphasis on decreasing the physicality of the game....I say I don't understand it, because they continue to whittle away at what a defender can do, but they continue to allow offensive players to "back down" a defender/bowl them over and initiate contact over and over without calling an offensive foul. I agree with cleaning up the "bumps" of cutters and the moving screens that have been allowed in the past, because those can get someone hurt. The other emphasis on "cleaning up" the game simply makes it harder and harder to play good, tough defense. Maybe my football coach side (I also coach hoop) is skewing my perspective, but I think a little physicality makes the game better, not worse.

It's ironic that the rule changes were supposed to increase scoring and offensive flow. It hasn't looked that way so far.

Reaction Score
Everytime we touched young they called a foul. Three or four times Nolan and olander stood flat footed arms raised and didn't move and they called the foul. They don't want to get into an argument about foul calls. They shot about 15 more free throws than us too

Reaction Score
Everytime we touched young they called a foul. Three or four times Nolan and olander stood flat footed arms raised and didn't move and they called the foul. They don't want to get into an argument about foul calls. They shot about 15 more free throws than us too
I agree that down low they were getting calls that involved the barest level of contact. As for the FT disparity, certainly part of that could be attributed to the fact that we shot 1,000 3's tonight.

Reaction Score

can't comment on each one, but if they move their arms down, i.e., they start straight up and then are lowered down together into the shooter then it's a foul. this is what TO did on the last one and I can assume that that was done at least once or twice prior.

Reaction Score
ForumRunner_20131202_222519.png

Reaction Score
Eh. They can duckk off.

UConn's been on the wrong end of a bunch of bad calls, so I'm having trouble feeling bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom