Florida Boneyarders (you non-UConn fans, too) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida Boneyarders (you non-UConn fans, too)

Reaction Score
Every thing is closed down this morning, as it should be. Our community closed down all buildings, restaurants and activities as of 3 PM yesterday.

We have lived here for 8 years now. The first thing you learn in Florida is that hurricane preparation is a year round activity. Sooner or later you will have a hurricane hit in your area. Never take a hurricane lightly. Evacuations on mobile homes is now maditory.

This is not our first rodeo. Our homes can withstand a Cat 3. We have been thru two Cat 2's with no problems. Preparartion should always be done in advance. Grocery shopping was done Saturday. We have jugs of water should we need them. Out lanai is set for the winds. Nothing that can be picked up by the wind is out.

Milton keeps shifting so the torm track keeps changing. Last night we were south of the predicted track and Milton was a Cat 2. This morning we are north of the storm track and Milton is predicited to be a Cat 1.

I am the team leader for our CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) for our community. We are sponsored and trained by Polk County Fire Rescue. Our job is to train and prepare for situtations such as this. We activated on Sunday morning is preparation for Milton.

Stay safe Floridians.
Everyone who moves to Florida (or lower Georgia) should start planning for a hurricane before you make the actual move.

Praying for Florida and particularly our Floridian Boneyarders

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Multiple tornado warnings in Central Florida. Milton is still 90 miles offshore

IMG_3211.jpeg

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Checking in from Land O Lakes (no, not the WI one). Tub filled, plenty of drinking water (and wine?), ready to eat canned goods, cash, cars topped off, batteries charged, ongoing ice making, constantly refreshing weather.com. Now we wait. Stay safe y'all!

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
Riding out the storm in New Tampa, 25 miles inland at 51' feet elevation in a community built 35 years ago to withstand a direct Cat 4 hit. Been volunteering with Hillsborough County filling sandbags for the elderly all week (my back keeps telling me that I am now one of the elderly) and will be assisting our HOA with removing debris and any downed trees during the aftermath. Prayers to all who were affected by Helene and who will be impacted by Milton.

Reaction Score
Riding out the storm in New Tampa, 25 miles inland at 51' feet elevation in a community built 35 years ago to withstand a direct Cat 4 hit. Been volunteering with Hillsborough County filling sandbags for the elderly all week (my back keeps telling me that I am now one of the elderly) and will be assisting our HOA with removing debris and any downed trees during the aftermath. Prayers to all who were affected by Helene and who will be impacted by Milton.
Any 35 year old Trees in the community?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom