Florida Boneyarders (you non-UConn fans, too) | The Boneyard

Florida Boneyarders (you non-UConn fans, too)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We’re battening down the hatches here in Orlando and have made a couple trips to the near-empty Publix this week. Tomorrow is the booze run :)

Hurricane Milton’s winds are at 180 mph as of 5:00 Monday with a couple more days over warm water yet to go. Check in now so we can keep track of one another and maybe help each other, if necessary (I sincerely hope not!) Stay safe, everyone!

Reaction Score
Nervously following the news. Live most of the year in The Villages, but this time of the year I am in my seasonal Vegas area location just hoping for the best. Also have a brother in Palm Harbor, just north of Clearwater who faces an even more serious situation. Usually if you are inland enough and at least not in a direct path with the eye, it is not that bad, but for the people in central florida, this is looking like it could be a direct hit with a category 4 or 5, at least when it hits land.

Hope it veers off the projected path, and further south would be better for the heavily populated Tampa area and potential storm surge in the bay. Good luck to everyone potentially affected.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nervously following the news. Live most of the year in The Villages, but this time of the year I am in my seasonal Vegas area location just hoping for the best. Also have a brother in Palm Harbor, just north of Clearwater who faces an even more serious situation. Usually if you are inland enough and at least not in a direct path with the eye, it is not that bad, but for the people in central florida, this is looking like it could be a direct hit with a category 4 or 5, at least when it hits land.

Hope it veers off the projected path, and further south would be better for the heavily populated Tampa area and potential storm surge in the bay. Good luck to everyone potentially affected.
There are evacuation notices for Pinellas County.

Reaction Score
There are evacuation notices for Pinellas County.

Thanks for the info, I think my brother is going to stay put, but one problem for everyone there is not knowing what direction to go if they want to get away from it. You might head north but the hurricane could turn that way, or the same in reverse if you head south, and by the time you get more definition on the exact path, the highways will be packed, so it is picking between relatively bad and uncertain choices.

I think he is far enough away from the water, and high enough that surge is pretty low probability, and the house is concrete block, but he expects to ride out the worst of it in an interior room or closet with no windows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom