Flagg to Duke. Official | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Flagg to Duke. Official

Reaction Score
Can you quote where he called UConn his dream school? Every report i read said playing for the home team wasn't very important to him.
I agree with you since most of the time he was kind of ambivalent about UConn. The quote below contradicted his previous statements about UConn.

“When I was a sophomore here at Windsor High, (UConn) was where I wanted to go, really where I dreamed of going,” Betsey said. “But really going through the process and realizing what you need and what you want, that’s really what it came down to and that’s where Cincinnati really separated themselves.”

Reaction Score
Glad it’s over! It’s not a big deal he will only play one year anyways at Duke! It won’t matter if he wins a title or not he’s gone after one season!! Duke always over achieves! He was Duke at The very beginning so it’s no surprise. Best of luck to him. Lastly it’s not like UConn will face them at all in his one year unless they meet in the NCAA!!! I would take a talented player who will play a few years then a one and done. The huskies will be fine they have a talented core for the next few years and I’m sure Hurley will bring in top talent in the offseason as well as transfers!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I don't think so. Power has strong ties to Boston College and BC was in his final group of schools. Ever hear of Power Gym at BC? Named after his great uncle who was a basketball coach at BC for years. BC QB Mike Power? His uncle. And, he has other BC alums in the family. But, I think one family member went to UConn.
Yeah, but BC doesn't play D1 basketball, so not very likely...

Reaction Score
My final comment, and then I’ll crawl back into my hole:

This reminds me a lot of Kevin Durant blowing off Russell Westbrook and his teammates at OKC, to sign as a free agent with Steph and Golden State.

Just saying.
Wat

Reaction Score
DH is 100% right; no one should be off the board now!

But when is someone on the board actually coming here? Why is a top 20-rated recruit coming to UConn almost unheard of? As best I can tell from 247, since we won our first NC, we’ve successfully recruited these top 20 guys: Stanley Robinson, Kemba, Ater Majok, Alex Oriakhl, Rudy Gay, Deandre Daniels, Daniel Hamilton, and now Stephon Castle.

That’s it, eight top 20 recruits in 20+ years (basically, the typical back-to-back results for Duke). All things considered, Hurley (and maybe even Ollie) should already have joined Calhoun in the Basketball HOF.
Throw Andre Drummond and Andrew Bynum in there too. I don't know why we don't get more top 10 recruits but it's worked out well for us. Kentucky and Duke have a stranglehold on those kids and UNC and Kansas get their share.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Meh, we've always excelled with the hungry kids. I'm not sweating the loss of kids who want something different...We are not hiding what we're selling, and it's championships.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I feel so sorry for the Dukies. I mean, whatever will they do with the number one player and six other top 20 kids after losing the ACC tournament and getting knocked out in the sweet 16 in 2025?

pj

Reaction Score
I feel so sorry for the Dukies. I mean, whatever will they do with the number one player and six other top 20 kids after losing the ACC tournament and getting knocked out in the sweet 16 in 2025?

Don't dance on their grave two years ahead of the funeral.

Reaction Score
I agree with you since most of the time he was kind of ambivalent about UConn. The quote below contradicted his previous statements about UConn.

“When I was a sophomore here at Windsor High, (UConn) was where I wanted to go, really where I dreamed of going,” Betsey said. “But really going through the process and realizing what you need and what you want, that’s really what it came down to and that’s where Cincinnati really separated themselves.”

Dream school usually equals stringing tou along but going to the prom with another girl.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Throw Andre Drummond and Andrew Bynum in there too. I don't know why we don't get more top 10 recruits but it's worked out well for us. Kentucky and Duke have a stranglehold on those kids and UNC and Kansas get their share.

In the eyes of the NCAA

“ All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Tbh there was no reason to recruit Flagg after Betsey destroyed all hope that Betsey, Ross and Flagg could all be on the same team

Reaction Score
Its crazy some people are worried on here, Hurley just brought arguably the best recruiting class in UConn history!!

Reaction Score
I get that we all have to hate Laettner but this is an odd thing to say about a kid who played 4 years of college basketball and was one of the best college basketball players of all time.
What’s so odd about saying Laettner, despite being a great college player, wasn’t ready for the NBA? We’ve seen this time and time again from big time Duke recruits that fizzled after college, and where do you get from my post that I hated Laettner? I can think of only one Duke kid that truly went on to greatness in the NBA, Grant Hill. Maybe Zion will be another, but it’s early, and he’s had some injuries. College basketball, even if only for one year, molds and develops players, and that’s one area where Duke and the coaching staff have fallen short. Maybe Cooper will overcome all this at Duke and go on to greatness in the NBA, but I have my doubts.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
For me, its less about losing CF (to Duke) and PN (probably to Duke), and more about losing our top targets to Duke, again and again.

We’ve won 5 NCs, we’re the freaking defending NC, we have a great core in place, we play in the BE, K finally retired, and…we once again we STILL finished second with our top targets.

Just once, I’d like to see us compete with Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc., with a comparable roster.
And with all those rosters that Dook beat out UConn for higher ranked players, they have a ton more NCs, correct????
Yeah, thought so.....................................................

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
May I suggest Graham's Six Grape for your next account/AJ Dybantsa prediction?

Reaction Score
I can think of only one Duke kid that truly went on to greatness in the NBA, Grant Hill. Maybe Zion will be another, but it’s early, and he’s had some injuries. College basketball, even if only for one year, molds and develops players, and that’s one area where Duke and the coaching staff have fallen short. Maybe Cooper will overcome all this at Duke and go on to greatness in the NBA, but I have my doubts.
There's this guy currently on the Celtics that would like a word with you. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom