FIU Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

FIU Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What I saw was a QB whose biggest strength was his ability to run, either unable to or afraid to after a season ending knee injury.

As for QB’s the only QB on our team, who has won a game for UConn ( in fact 6) has thus far sat on our bench through 3 loses. Maybe give Turner a shot, he does have the best arm.

The OC has got to go and not fast enough but his failure to have our only two game breakers on the field at the same time was crazy. Houston and Rosa need to play together and should play that way 80-90% of our plays. Be creative, put one in the slot, receiver or go with 2 halfbacks. We have too many other guys who can’t make plays. Number #10 is an ok possession receiver and Jolley I hold out hope for but neither is a proven play maker.

The defense played great at the end, played with aggression. Where was that the first 3 quarters?

I am starting to question our transfer portal recruiting. We don’t seem to factor in physicality in tackling and came up empty on QB and play makers. We brought in the numbers (lots of guys) but few are making any difference on the field.

Reaction Score
That was one of the most embarrassing halves of football I ever witnessed. It was clear Mora was hot & ripped into the team at halftime (like he did the mic during the HT interview). The defense at least showed some heart in the 2nd half. The offense is just void of talent and good play-calling. Besides Houston, I see no player that has above-average talent & heart. The young QB is clearly not ready to lead a team (plus he's coming off an ACL). Not sure how much we can improve at this point. I can see 2, maybe 3 wins, if the team plays hard. We just need a talent overhaul, more speed, and better playcallers in the offseason.
We need a real good portal overhaul.

Not the current porta potty haul.

Reaction Score
FIU Freshman QB Keyone Jenkins chose FIU, then switched to Auburn, then back again to FIU. Seems like an odd pairing but perhaps we're selling short their QB.

Reaction Score
We brought something like 17 starters back from last year. And two QBs this year beat out last years starting freshman QB. And we’re not riddled with key injuries like last year. And our starting kicker from two years returned from injury to beat out last years excellent kicker.

So. Why are we worse?

Were our two graduated outside LBs and O-line center THAT good? Can’t be.

Even given that Charlton hasn’t improved his play calling or schemes, that same horrendous play calling and schemes last year still created more positive yardage and points than this year.

Why are we worse???
A big difference between this year and last year is that I think we surprised teams last year with our running game. The cat is out of the bag this year. EVERY DC knows what we are going to do now. You can see it at the game. Everyone is in the box. Safeties are creeping up as the ball is snapped. There is just nowhere to run. We have done nothing in the passing game to keep defenses honest.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FIU Freshman QB Keyone Jenkins chose FIU, then switched to Auburn, then back again to FIU. Seems like an odd pairing but perhaps we're selling short their QB.

Listed as 5'11" 190 lbs and at one point completely stiff armed and stuffed #91 to break a tackle at the line of scrimmage and make a nice run.

Similar resume in HS to Zion Turner. South Florida, Miami Metro, 3 straight HS championships and undefeated all three years. And yet, he could throw a 60 yard pass with plenty of air underneath it to a WR in stride.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Fire charlton. Hire a guy who played tecmo. Come up with 4-8 plays and just perfect them. Have every play include a 5 yard slant and a QB who can hit a guy in the damn numbers. And yes use Fridge Perry on every short yardage play.
Oh yeah and have 2 of the 8 plays involve a tight end over the middle who gets a pass.

Starts @ 4:22 mark - ends @ 11:37:

1) Love the tecmo suggestion! We need Bo to run everyone over.

2) I love Mora. Full stop. His opening of the press conference was exactly what I needed to hear. I believe in HIM. He will get us over this hump and on to success. I still have us winning 6 games this season, starting with an upset against Duke. I'll be there and I hope to be hoarse at work on Monday from yelling.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Mora blames the offense and rightfully so, but the defense lost this game. It was over at the half.
The D turned it around in the second half. They played lights out then. There is hope. O looked shaky the whole game (season except the opening drive of the year).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This isn't a PP phoning it in or Diaco muttering to the potted plants.
This made me laugh.

Reaction Score
A big difference between this year and last year is that I think we surprised teams last year with our running game. The cat is out of the bag this year. EVERY DC knows what we are going to do now. You can see it at the game. Everyone is in the box. Safeties are creeping up as the ball is snapped. There is just nowhere to run. We have done nothing in the passing game to keep defenses honest.
And that was the #1, IMO, FWIW, that I felt UConn had to improve. I didn't expect them to turn into a high octane passing attack, but it had to be much better than last year and so far that just hasn't happened. The opposing coordinators are basically saying "they might get lucky and hit us with a big gain throwing downfield, but it won't be done nearly enough to carry them to a win. Absorb a haymaker, but we are not letting them hit us with jabs (5-6 yd/carry in running game)."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At this point, we might as well fire anyone associated with the offense and special teams to save a little money. It couldn't be worse if you had some drunk season ticket holder covered in barbecue sauce and questionable B.O. make the play calls.

At least it would get us some airtime of sports center.
Is questionable B.O. Better or worse than unquestionable B.O.? Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom