OT: - First Sunday of NFL Season! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: First Sunday of NFL Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Brady and the Bucs will be pretty good. They looked more like a team with no familiarity than a bad team. Brees and the Saints are always tough.

Brady looked a bit past his expiration date a few times. Still, there were blown routes, he didn’t get a couple PI calls he should have, there were some bad drops and the OL was week on many occasions. I think they pull it together.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
So the ravens stood for the BLM anthem and kneeled for the national anthem? Wow.

Reaction Score
So the ravens stood for the BLM anthem and kneeled for the national anthem? Wow.

Does anyone even care anymore? This whole Week 1 has been a mishmash of league sponsored insincere offerings and various team specific reactions. I say eliminate the entire pregame routine. Both teams on the field at the same time. No intros. No anthems. Coin toss earlier in the day. Just kick it off and play.

Reaction Score
Newton's antics following the game will wear thin if the Pats start losing. He is a self-absorbed, arrogant punk. Fans will abandon in droves if he doesn't clean up his "look at me" act.

Bill, get Stidham ready.
Already abandoned the Patriots!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Already abandoned the Patriots!
Nah, not as long as they win. I spent this afternoon in a couple of Patriot area sports bars. All the Pats fans were rooting for the Saints. I was surprised, yet not.

Reaction Score
Nah, not as long as they win. I spent this afternoon in a couple of Patriot area sports bars. All the Pats fans were rooting for the Saints. I was surprised, yet not.

Really? I saw the opposite.

Reaction Score
Yep, Darnold is not the guy but he can be an MVP and top 10 all-time passer.

Who would you compare him to at the very best? Matt Stafford? Good passer, will accumulate good career numbers, never a factor?

Reaction Score
I think the NFL is doing a good job with the fake fan noise (like the booing when the home team gets a boaderline pass interference). I expect they will keep tweaking this as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to go monk mode, dammit. ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Does anyone even care anymore? This whole Week 1 has been a mishmash of league sponsored insincere offerings and various team specific reactions. I say eliminate the entire pregame routine. Both teams on the field at the same time. No intros. No anthems. Coin toss earlier in the day. Just kick it off and play.

In the year 2020 is there anything less necessary at the professional level than player intros of them running on to field as their name is introduced?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Who would you compare him to at the very best? Matt Stafford? Good passer, will accumulate good career numbers, never a factor?

Kirk Cousins? Kyle Orton? Chad Pennington? Andy Dalton? By the way, I'm not sure he's better or maybe even worse than all of these guys at the end of the day, people thought Sanchez was good for a year or two also.

I just love every new Jets QB the hype gets built up, and they always disappoint.

He's right Deep, you can't say he's not the guy then compare him to Matt Ryan. The guy's been in the SB and won league MVP. Matt Stafford has been on putrid teams and thrown for over 5,000 yards. Just my opinion, not trying to get into any type of urinating contest.

Reaction Score
Newton's antics following the game will wear thin if the Pats start losing. He is a self-absorbed, arrogant punk. Fans will abandon in droves if he doesn't clean up his "look at me" act.

Bill, get Stidham ready.
Bill loves the guy.

"I think for us as a team, or me personally -- a lot of tempers can flare. And I was just teasing with Coach, just letting him know that the College Park almost came out in me."

Get off MY lawn

Reaction Score
Kirk Cousins? Kyle Orton? Chad Pennington? Andy Dalton? By the way, I'm not sure he's better or maybe even worse than all of these guys at the end of the day, people thought Sanchez was good for a year or two also.

I just love every new Jets QB the hype gets built up, and they always disappoint.

He's right Deep, you can't say he's not the guy then compare him to Matt Ryan. The guy's been in the SB and won league MVP. Matt Stafford has been on putrid teams and thrown for over 5,000 yards. Just my opinion, not trying to get into any type of urinating contest.

To be fair, I believe Mark Sanchez played in 2 more AFC championship games than the 4 you listed combined.

Reaction Score
I think Brady and the Bucs will be pretty good. They looked more like a team with no familiarity than a bad team. Brees and the Saints are always tough.

Brady looked a bit past his expiration date a few times. Still, there were blown routes, he didn’t get a couple PI calls he should have, there were some bad drops and the OL was week on many occasions. I think they pull it together.
I agree Brady will likely pull it together a bit more, but he is an average QB and they are an average team. Might have been a miss or two, but among their biggest plays were 2 PIs I think, that'll likely continue as he does have better receivers. But penalties & special teams miscues are also likely to continue and Brady isn't the superstar that can make up for mistakes & consistently put up huge numbers. Still rooting for it though, but yesterday he looked more washed than I was hoping.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sat Rodgers yesterday. Frustration is already high and Week 1 isn't even over yet.
For those who sat Rodgers...Who was the alternative?

And let me get this straight. A 43 year old QB has lost a step since being 41? You don't say. Last name "Kellerman" by any chance?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
For those who sat Rodgers...Who was the alternative?
Wentz. Was looking good after the first quarter! Not my first bonehead move and I'm sure won't be my last but the 30ish point difference hurts.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
To be fair, I believe Mark Sanchez played in 2 more AFC championship games than the 4 you listed combined.

Pennington should've had at least one (thanks, Doug Brien).

For a QB that had a "rag arm" due to multiple shoulder injuries, Chad did OK for himself given his mediocre support casts. I recall taking a lot of crap here for rooting for Penny vs Favre back in 2008.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Very true ... which, in addition to his draft status and him being in NY gave people the impression he was much better than he was. Not unlike Darnold.

That's exactly why I included Sanchez - immediate team results and a young QB with a high draft status from a big school ... people hyped him up.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Wentz. Was looking good after the first quarter! Not my first bonehead move and I'm sure won't be my last but the 30ish point difference hurts.
Why do you have 2 qb’s? I ended up with brees but I took him in like the 10th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom