First order of business for Mora | Page 5 | The Boneyard

First order of business for Mora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agree wholeheartedly on Jack Zergiotis but Krajewski is a good passing QB if there isn’t a defender in his face on every play. If he has the time he can thread the needle. He also is not afraid to run with ball, and lastly he’s not afraid to block on a single wing handoff. His biggest liability is his decision making when he’s almost constantly under pressure. I think if he has a better offensive line and makes better decisions those interceptions will disappear. His passing accuracy is among the best I’ve ever seen for a UConn QB on a long ball. Where he gets into trouble is on crossing routes with defenders coming at him. What Steven Krajewski needs is better coaching/teaching and hopefully he has that after Nov 28th. The guy was recruited by Rhett Lashlee, and Steven Krajewski chose us over BC and Syracuse among others.
He also has a banged up shoulder knee an suffered a concussion and wasn’t cleared until earlier in the week. So he hasn’t thrown a ball for almost two weeks sources say

Reaction Score
He also has a banged up shoulder knee an suffered a concussion and wasn’t cleared until earlier in the week. So he hasn’t thrown a ball for almost two weeks sources say
So why not give Micah Leon a shot? Guess its safe (unfortunately) to say we've only been working with 3 viable options at QB. Ouch

Reaction Score
Get some QBs.
Second, get some serious OL help. All five positions.
Third get some secondary help; safeties, corners, dawgs of any kind. Need dawgs.

The body language, the energy, the progression of the QB position ( Tyler Phommachanh notwithstanding) is just wholly inadequate. Our scheme might be thin, but our QBs do themselves no favors.
We need some OL people who can block the DL. I think Aaron Rodgers couldn't do anything with this OL. If the Defense is in your backfield by the time the ball is in your QB's hands, I don't think Ursain Bolt could pick up yards!!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
We need some OL people who can block the DL. I think Aaron Rodgers couldn't do anything with this OL. If the Defense is in your backfield by the time the ball is in your QB's hands, I don't think Ursain Bolt could pick up yards!!
What if the D knows you can blitz and the QB's won't do the right thing? Part of qb play was recognizing the D and letting the O know where the blitzer are coming from. Not sure why our QB's can't or don't seem to do that. Also, there should be an audible based on what the QB sees- not sure why we literally don't do that.

Reaction Score
well ... I'd opine that there is a qualitative difference between Syracuse and Clemson on the DLine. Today and yesterday. Didn't like 4 Clemson DLine guys get drafted in the first 50 players recently?

However the point is solid: Van Demark & Peart are gifted development examples of what a Northeast State U can find and grow. The production yesterday was a case study; and RVD didn't perform well.
The Syracuse kid was drafted.

Reaction Score
What if the D knows you can blitz and the QB's won't do the right thing? Part of qb play was recognizing the D and letting the O know where the blitzer are coming from. Not sure why our QB's can't or don't seem to do that. Also, there should be an audible based on what the QB sees- not sure why we literally don't do that.
That’s great if the QBs could do that but doesn’t really matter when your best OL gets bench pressed with 1 arm all the way to the QB and sacked before he completes his drop.

Reaction Score
Number 16, Malik Banks did not seem interested in Coach Mora’s greeting.

Reaction Score
I relate to the awesome joy we have found in the first few days from Coach Mora.

Believe meeting Geno would be amazing at that level - colleague. Then there he is with Paige Bueckers - who always seems cool. Danny Hurley would be fun. Cavanagh, Penders. Maybe get a call from Jim Calhoun. Andy Baylock is a beautiful man. When I heard Jim Mora talk to Doug Gottlieb, that is exactly what I heard ... just emotional happiness of a football guy who landed amongst absolute stars in their sports.

Then. If he has that relationship with David Benedict - they just spend like 60 hours together this week - I think Benedict can be creative and helpful in football.

Reaction Score
So why not give Micah Leon a shot? Guess its safe (unfortunately) to say we've only been working with 3 viable options at QB. Ouch
I think Leon shoulder is way past the point of return. And they just never said anything. Either that or he is shockingly terrible.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski had a rough game, but big part of it is also due to the poor OL that's unable to protect him. Steven Krajewski needs some coaching on how to make quicker decisions and get rid of the ball faster. Hopefully, he can make better decisions once we get an OL that can protect the QB better.

Reaction Score

Steven Krajewski had a rough game, but big part of it is also due to the poor OL that's unable to protect him. Steven Krajewski needs some coaching on how to make quicker decisions and get rid of the ball faster. Hopefully, he can make better decisions once we get an OL that can protect the QB better.
The offensive scheme needs to address deficiencies and right now the offensive scheme is so bad, Tom Brady would look bad. If you want Krajewski to get the ball out faster, there needs to be receivers that are taking short routes. Guifre’s offense and the play calling seems oblivious to what is happening or what the defense is doing.

Reaction Score
Disagree. The QB's were pathetic,and while maybe better than Best Buy Salesman, there are many current high school QB's who would be a big upgrade. As for RVD, he should have been placed on the bench immediately, not to return to the field. No excuses, he got bullied and was helpless to do anything about it.
Steven Krajewski is a good QB, however, I think if you had Tom Brady behind our OL, he couldn't do what he does...

I'm not sure why people are dumping on Steven Krajewski, when he signed here, people were say he's going to be great.

I just hope JM will give us a QB coach that will help Jack Zergiotis, Steven Krajewski and Tyler Phommachanh and the new QB coming in...

Reaction Score
We have about 50 Freshmen and RS Freshmen and 25 Sophomores and RS Sophomores.

Has any team ever burned that many red shirts?

So he’ll have to watch film. See who he can develop. See what we have, if any, that red shirted. Maybe a few Transfers. Remember Zach Fraser?

We have some talent and speed out there.
I was at the game Saturday. Proud of these kids. Never had their heads down. Never quit . I was disappointed in the number of stupid penalties on the OL. They are still learning on every down.

Disparaging 18 or 19 year olds, based
On where the program is, is not useful .

Reaction Score
We have about 50 Freshmen and RS Freshmen and 25 Sophomores and RS Sophomores.

Has any team ever burned that many red shirts?

So he’ll have to watch film. See who he can develop. See what we have, if any, that red shirted. Maybe a few Transfers. Remember Zach Fraser?

We have some talent and speed out there.
I was at the game Saturday. Proud of these kids. Never had their heads down. Never quit . I was disappointed in the number of stupid penalties on the OL. They are still learning on every down.

Disparaging 18 or 19 year olds, based
On where the program is, is not useful .

WHO KNOWS

The Covid rules on eligibility makes all these individual players a open guess. I suspect that the amazing number you just typed is true. Heard is said - by Jim Mora SR - we are the third youngest team in FBS

Reaction Score
At this point none of our QBs have shown much with their opportunities. And all three were given opportunities. Players grow and improve and, perhaps, one of them will blossom into a quality D1 starter. At this point choosing one over the other is simply an exercise in picking a favorite flavor.

I fully expect that Mora will bring in a QB or two to compete. Let's hope Mora does a better job of evaluation than Edsall.

Reaction Score
At this point none of our QBs have shown much with their opportunities. And all three were given opportunities. Players grow and improve and, perhaps, one of them will blossom into a quality D1 starter. At this point choosing one over the other is simply an exercise in picking a favorite flavor.

I fully expect that Mora will bring in a QB or two to compete. Let's hope Mora does a better job of evaluation than Edsall.
Again, I will say Steven Krajewski did not take advantage of his opportunity on Saturday but you’re going to sit there and say he didn’t play well against Purdue, Vandy and Yale? In fact, other than Brewton’s 98 yard return he’s had a hand in every point scored since Wyoming. Including field goals and extra points. lol. He has a lot of talent and just needs better coaching. Moyseenko is not the guy to develop ANY of these QB’s.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
OL has been decent in pass protection most of the year, easily the most improved aspect of the offense. QB's have all been holding the ball too long looking for the wide open guy and not anticipating well enough. Run blocking has been non-existent. RE should be really embarrassed by the lack of ability to run against really poor teams.

OL still needs a huge upgrade and so does QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom