First Night | Page 4 | The Boneyard

First Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Random thoughts: Nat looked better in all respects, and seems happier. Gabby is going to be pretty special, and very hard to guard. Men won't go far if they don't know how to share the ball better. Looked like a full house. Bent and Kyla didn't look like newbies. Crystal Dangerfield is very quick and multi-talented. This is a good thing.

Reaction Score
she is going to be a fan favorite very quickly.....almost every high school basketball player that also played soccer that I have seen plays like a maniac.....they hustle non-stop and dive for every ball......add to that the fact that she has good bball skills and you have a winner!
Didn't UConn recruit someone around 2000 who played soccer and b-ball? Wonder whatever happened to her?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Men won't go far if they don't know how to share the ball better

Heck, the triangle offense is fading away in the men's game not because it no longer works, but they seem incapable of learning it. These guys will fit right in with "the men's game."

Reaction Score
Crystal threw 2 passes that were exciting and impressive- she looks flashier than Moriah. I thought Molly looked solid as well- good handle, confident. Natalie was running the floor more athletically, doubtlessly attributable to her new lean body.
It was a fun time- great to see Gampel packed, but when are they going to fix the ceiling? It looks shabby and bad.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
prescient:)

Finally I know how to spell it. Thanks Kib. But, seriously, she knocked my socks off tonite(still trying to spell that), BUT Geno has too green light her.

Reaction Score
On my way into Gampel around 5pm I saw CD in front of the Werth center talking to 2 very tall young women, directing them where to go- assumed recruits, but not familiar enough to identify.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
OBTW, before I toddle off with a glass of war milk: Crystal is one of the ready for prime time players. :)
images

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Crystal threw 2 passes that were exciting and impressive- she looks flashier than Moriah.

And the crowd ate it right up. A collective "OHHH" in the crowd I caught twice. Just like those "wow" moments Moriah would have while doing soemthing so beautiful with the basketball. Guns really is the real deal and I think we are in for a big treat the next 4 years.

The rest of WCBB...Head bang

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I like Chong's aggressive

If I remember right, and I did leave the room to check on the pork roast, she did make a flashy move to the inside BUT in the mixed game with everyone who was male acting like the Statue of Liberty. But Saniya has always had nifty one on one moves. It's the point guard stuff that has always been the issue, because her self doubt slows down the ball movement.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm eager to watch Crystal Dangerfield and her lightning moves. Moriah redux.:)

I figure Crystal watched Mo's double clutch that nailed the whole SC team to the floor on Feb. 8, 2015 about a thousand times and we are seeing the result.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Geno with the big ole bucket of ice.

"I don't need tonight to know that our freshmen don't know anything about anything because we had two days of practices. And there was nobody in the stands and they could barely get up and down the floor without having a heart attack."

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Geno with the big ole bucket of ice.

"I don't need tonight to know that our freshmen don't know anything about anything because we had two days of practices. And there was nobody in the stands and they could barely get up and down the floor without having a heart attack."

That Geno! He is a ray of gentle sunshine. But if he ever wants to achieve anything, he needs to toughen up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom