First Night | Page 6 | The Boneyard

First Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like your enthusiasm, but I don't think Gabby can play any of the 5 positions; but, of course, she won't have to do so. Agreed on Saniya. Would, as always, like to be proven wrong.

Your starting group has 4 players. Is there a 5th you'd like to share? ;)

I left out the fifth starter because Natalie could be it if she becomes consistent, otherwise look for her primarily when we play teams with bigs in front. The the point guard/shooting guard tandem is fluid at this point...I don't think anybody knows the starting combination and it will likely change over time....this where Molly/Crystal come into play and it is way too early to tell

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I left out the fifth starter because Natalie could be it if she becomes consistent, otherwise look for her primarily when we play teams with bigs in front. The the point guard/shooting guard tandem is fluid at this point...I don't think anybody knows the starting combination and it will likely change over time....this where Molly/Crystal come into play and it is way too early to tell

I agree. I'd like to name Natalie a starter, but let's see. Ditto on where 1 and 2 guard fall out. Kia is one or the other, though I'd just like to see her execute with a little more finesse and not let the adrenalin do her thinking from time to time.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Bent showed the kind of instincts and vision I had seen from her in some games online. There is one play about 4:30 minutes in which Nurse drives the length of the floor and misses a layup with some contact from Butler. Bent is there for the offensive rebound and almost instantaneously passes to Stevens who is close to her for a basket. Bent's 2nd foot hadn't even hit the floor after going up and she was finding Stevens.

Thanks for the reminder. I have to go see if it is archived and available without subscription. I plan on subscribing for a month to get the 2 exhibition games, but I can't remember when they are played... wrapped up as I have been in the tea leaf reading about she who cannot be named. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Having watched First Night women in the first 5 minutes again, I have to say that I saw Natalie do something which she would not have done last year. She moved fast from under the basket to leap out of bounds on the left side and flip the ball back in to her team mate. I love that move. Why it did not stick with me last night ??? Geezers sometimes need a second look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom