First Night Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First Night Thread

Reaction Score
Rarely post here, lurk a lot. I was in the crowd at First Day/Night whatever they called it back then when Ray announced to all of us that he was going to be the MAN. Dunk contest 1993. Wish there was video, maybe there is, couldn't find anything. Despite how I feel about how I think now about it, I'll never joke on anything related to first night because of that.

Reaction Score
Rarely post here, lurk a lot. I was in the crowd at First Day/Night whatever they called it back then when Ray announced to all of us that he was going to be the MAN. Dunk contest 1993. Wish there was video, maybe there is, couldn't find anything. Despite how I feel about how I think now about it, I'll never joke on anything related to first night because of that.

Im so confused. So how you think how Louisville should now get the death penalty?

Reaction Score
Something that really dissapoints me is the lack of ex player support at this event. At the very least they could get a couple of them to show up. Would be cool to see. In 2014 Ray Allen and others showed up and got a huge ovation.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Something that really dissapoints me is the lack of ex player support at this event. At the very least they could get a couple of them to show up. Would be cool to see. In 2014 Ray Allen and others showed up and got a huge ovation.
Once Hurley proves himself, they’ll probably come back.

Reaction Score

Eh. I think these first night events have played themselves out to that degree. The impact of a Ray being there or not being there doesn’t really result in a recruit committing. It’s a fun free event. Not much more.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Has anyone got a good glimpse of how full Gampel is? Just tuned in now.
From the clips I’ve seen; it doesn’t look 100% full but a nice crowd nonetheless
All I can say is that it's a dam good thing people camped out from 11am, because my bud and I could barely get these seats at 6:30pm.
Screenshot_20181012-232140_Gallery.jpg

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
KO and Ricky Moore attended the last few First Night events.......

Reaction Score
I was there last night. As a 60 year old fart, I thought the music sucked and could not wait for it to end. I also miss the days when they played a semi serious 5 on 5 game. I cringe when I watch the dunk contest hoping no one gets hurt.

However, I go every year to see the freshman and to hear the squeaking sneakers on the Gampel floor just to get the juices flowing.

I am super excited for this season to begin.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I was there last night. As a 60 year old fart, I thought the music sucked and could not wait for it to end. I also miss the days when they played a semi serious 5 on 5 game. I cringe when I watch the dunk contest hoping no one gets hurt.

However, I go every year to see the freshman and to hear the squeaking sneakers on the Gampel floor just to get the juices flowing.

I am super excited for this season to begin.
I think it’s more for the fans and the pregame festivities. It’s great to see families go and have a good time. They could do a lot more or at least better with what they have been doing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom