First Night Sets Wrong Tone | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First Night Sets Wrong Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
There are no words at this point. Chief, you're lucky JC doesn't read his board, because if he knew you authored this kind of stupidity he'd pick you up and throw you off the side of his yacht.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Well currently a moderator is telling me that negative posts need to be removed and I was put on sitewide "probation" with post delays for just making "negative" comments in a chat thread with no explanation or warning - maybe I don't understand what it takes to be banned here. Heck, I'll probably get banned for pointing this out.

It's you

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I was roundly criticized when I criticized playing with girls on first night as not setting the right tone for the season. Now KO is saying we are not tough and focused enough. If he really believes that, lets eliminate the sideshow next October.
Yes, because with no other program is First Night a sideshow.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Some days I wonder why I even look through this cesspool.
Then I remember we have Chief.

Reaction Score
I was roundly criticized when I criticized playing with girls on first night as not setting the right tone for the season. Now KO is saying we are not tough and focused enough. If he really believes that, lets eliminate the sideshow next October.
No spitting match here Chief but if you think first night is to set the tone for the season...:confused::confused::confused: You must also think The Washington Generals were always trying to beat The Harlem Globetrotters.
I did not see the criticism you took on your first post on this topic and I am not a gambling man but I would bet you could double up here.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Well currently a moderator is telling me that negative posts need to be removed and I was put on sitewide "probation" with post delays for just making "negative" comments in a chat thread with no explanation or warning - maybe I don't understand what it takes to be banned here. Heck, I'll probably get banned for pointing this out.

Do it again and you will. Funny thing is with you it was mostly a glitch. It won't be if you keep whining.

As to the "filter" - it's dumb, but the reality I have to live with to pay the bills. And I've stuck a few extra words in there to flag people complaining about how the board is run.

Trust me - I have zero patience for anyone who creates work for me. This is the most time in years I've taken to explain things.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

There are no words at this point. Chief, you're lucky JC doesn't read his board, because if he knew you authored this kind of stupidity he'd pick you up and throw you off the side of his yacht.

Actually, JC never liked First Night - he was all about starting practice in Guyer Gym - far removed from the non- basketball sideshow.

C

Chief00

Maybe they were hoping that the men would learn how to play the game the right way from the girls.
I will grant you that point - but toughness prevails over playing smart - although they need lots of improvement at both.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Oof, Chief. Oof.

Reaction Score
The woman's team is like being a dude growing up with a hot sister. She's hot, lots of dudes are hot for her. She's popular. It's not that you dislike her, but there is a very real phenomenon that the light isn't shined on your accomplishments as brightly as it should be - or, alternatively, that your accomplishments don't seem quite as impressive when stood next to Ms. Beautiful. At Christmas, she sachets into the living room, interrupting your story about how you aced your calculus AP exam and broke school high jump record in the same day, and the focus shifts to her as your retelling of that time you noodled a thirty pound catfish trails off.

I don't hate my sister. I don't even resent her. I do sometimes wish she would move to Fiji and go off grid for a couple years.

Ultimately, however, I recognize fully that our joint appearances together have not caused me to get my d--k repeatedly stuck in the blender.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Do it again and you will. Funny thing is with you it was mostly a glitch. It won't be if you keep whining.

As to the "filter" - it's dumb, but the reality I have to live with to pay the bills. And I've stuck a few extra words in there to flag people complaining about how the board is run.

Trust me - I have zero patience for anyone who creates work for me. This is the most time in years I've taken to explain things.

Not to continue to pain-in-the-arse you, but I've a question for you: what's the deal with 'needs moderator approval' posts? Doesn't happen much, but often on relatively innocuous posts. Kind of strange. Seems to be no rhyme or reason for it.

As usual, always appreciate the good (thankless) work Tom.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The woman's team is like being a dude growing up with a hot sister. She's hot, lots of dudes are hot for her. She's popular. It's not that you dislike her, but there is a very real phenomenon that the light isn't shined on your accomplishments as brightly as it should be - or, alternatively, that your accomplishments don't seem quite as impressive when stood next to Ms. Beautiful. At Christmas, she sachets into the living room, interrupting your story about how you aced your calculus AP exam and broke school high jump record in the same day, and the focus shifts to her as your retelling of that time you noodled a thirty pound catfish trails off.

I don't hate my sister. I don't even resent her. I do sometimes wish she would move to Fiji and go off grid for a couple years.

Ultimately, however, I recognize fully that our joint appearances together have not caused me to get my d--k repeatedly stuck in the blender.

And ultimately, at the end of the day, it's a hell of a lot more pleasing scenario than having an ugly/unpopular sibling.

Reaction Score
Dames are put on this earth to weaken us. Drain our energy. Laugh at us when they see us naked.

JohnnyDangerously7.png

Who knew he was talking about joint practices on First Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom