First Night Sets Wrong Tone | Page 3 | The Boneyard

First Night Sets Wrong Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Not to continue to pain-in-the-arse you, but I've a question for you: what's the deal with 'needs moderator approval' posts? Doesn't happen much, but often on relatively innocuous posts. Kind of strange. Seems to be no rhyme or reason for it.

As usual, always appreciate the good (thankless) work Tom.

It's been a glitch. But if you are replying to a post that had something the filter caught, it'll throw your reply into queue. Working on it.

C

Chief00

JC was a control freak and a motivator - meal 3:30 hours before game time, if you sat behind the bench a certain decorum and so forth. Telling Daniels nobody was talking about him before the FL game.

Some will say none of this matters but I will say this coed First Night doesn't set you on a winning trajectory for the men team that needs to get tougher. It had no impact on Bazz but these guys approached the season the wrong way.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
JC was a control freak and a motivator - meal 3:30 hours before game time, if you sat behind the bench a certain decorum and so forth. Telling Daniels nobody was talking about him before the FL game.

Some will say none of this matters but I will say this coed First Night doesn't set you on a winning trajectory for the men team that needs to get tougher. It had no impact on Bazz but these guys approached the season the wrong way.
First night has nothing to do with any of this. First night is to celebrate the players and the students and the fans. Just stop.

C

Chief00

First night has nothing to do with any of this. First night is to celebrate the players and the students and the fans. Just stop.

You don't prepare for the season by celebrating; at UConn MBB you celebrate after winning Championships!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The men should spend more time around the Husky women, not less. The winning and teamwork might be contagious. They might also learn a thing or two about ball movement and knocking down open shots. The Husky women are as mentally tough as they come.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Who cares about First Night? Its what happens after that which matters.

And a hat tip for the Randolph Mantooth meme!!

C

Chief00

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Shout @intlzncster I would have missed this.

Me thinks Cheif's briefs might end up quaruntined on the women's board for our mojo pleasure.

Can you imagine this? Every single chief post on the women's board would be about the men (and JC, and Clyde, and Andre...), even in threads having nothing to do with the subject...effectively chief talking to a wall. Would be a beautiful thing to behold indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom