First Night is full | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First Night is full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It will be great to see a half full student section at most games this year and a free event like this is sold out 30 minutes ahead of time. Ct folks love their free nights

You should go back and check the attendance numbers from last year, especially at Gampel.

Reaction Score
You hafta love Phil, being tall always stuck in the back of group photos, not tonight!

Reaction Score
Yeah, is that some kind of new Gampel lighting scheme? I always liked the bright open views.

Reaction Score
I really hope they use that lighting config during games. Just like MSG and Staples Center kill the house lights and focus the lighting on the action adds a cinematic effect.

Reaction Score
Have been going to first night / mid night madness since the late 70's ( high school days). At that time it was held at the Southington high school gym. Not always packed but they would get a pretty good crowds. Would pack the place for the Corny Thompson years.
Last night was the first time we were not able to get in. Got to Storrs at7:05, and was told by parking attendent that event was full.
Boy have we come a long way from the Southington gym.

Great start to a UCONN weekend. Full house first night, hockey team victory and commitment from a top 50 player. All we need is a win over USF

Got to start getting tailgating items in car. GO HUSKIES

C

Chief00

The concession stands must have been serving bacon jalapeno mac and cheese. I hear it's very popular.

Quite frankly, first night is great for the kids and the casual fans. Years ago it was more like a intrasquad scrimmage - now it's more like MTV with girls, etc.

I will say that UConn sports marketing has stepped it up in the last year. The hockey mini packages are very creative.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Omar comin'!
CRcZVNwXIAA60S3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics